Any real chance to affect where game is going?

Ttillub

Fledgling Freddie
We have been told that Mythic listens European DAoC community also. How ever I am not so sure about how seriously they do that.

There are big changes coming in next patches. In US they have this poll when they log in to the game.
http://www.sendpost.net/daoc.JPG

Would love to see this kind of poll at least in GOA's survey's and some info after the poll what the results were. Even better with Mythic's reply.

cemi0

Can't get enough of FH
RvR Missions: RvR Missions are tasks given by NPCs to any player, group or guild, that involves RVR combat. These missions take place in normal RvR Frontier zones. The goal of RvR missions is to encourage players, groups, and guilds to spend more time in the Frontiers, to get more experience in the Frontiers, and of course to be available to fight for their Realm. Players will be rewarded for completing various missions - such as taking a tower, escoring a caravan ,attacking certain enemy objectives, defending friendly keeps, etc - by a mix of gold, experience and realm points.

Let the zerging begin.

Naffets

Can't get enough of FH
Well even if they did listen to the european community (which im sure they don't) Anything that we suggested wouldn't be implimented for us for months and months.

Those options on that poll sound good though.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Naffets said:
Well even if they did listen to the european community (which im sure they don't) Anything that we suggested wouldn't be implimented for us for months and months.

You can send feedback using the feedback form - I think (not 100% sure) that GOA pass on anything that should just go to Mythic if it's sent to RightNow (obviously easier if you just use the feedback form on the herald ;))

one of the TLs plays Avalon as well as the US servers...

if you feel strongly about those choices send a feedback form.

Tafaya Anathas

Fledgling Freddie
There was a poll about 1-2 years ago about new server types, where the Home Invasion server type had a great success, but never got implemented. This poll just like this imo.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Home Invasion and some of the other server types could have been damn nice, don't think it is even possible with the New Frontiers code now :(

rampant

Can't get enough of FH
a home invasion would be great fun to take part in

Morchaoron

Fledgling Freddie
Tafaya Anathas said:
There was a poll about 1-2 years ago about new server types, where the Home Invasion server type had a great success, but never got implemented. This poll just like this imo.

I always wondered why they never made something like this, wasted opportunity imo ;o

Zebolt

Can't get enough of FH
I don't rly see the point in having a combat arena if no rp's are awarded for fighting in it. Was a cool idea otherwise but that just took the whole point out for it imo..

Alithiel

Fledgling Freddie
Tafaya Anathas said:
The 'Home Invasion' option was just a sneaky way for Mythic to get people to admit to being grey-gankers, tbh... :rolleyes:

Corran

Part of the furniture
Zebolt said:
I don't rly see the point in having a combat arena if no rp's are awarded for fighting in it. Was a cool idea otherwise but that just took the whole point out for it imo..

Well look at it this way

"rp's = realm points. So you get them for defending your realm or attaking an enemy realm to increase your land holdings. Both these are to the benefit of the realm hence the award.

Combat arena's are not about your realm. It abot group vs group only and as such it doesnt benefit your realm (unlike defence or attack of a frontier) and as such isnt worth of said rewards.

Personally i wouldnt mind the introduction of the arena's like this. I prefer a good fight not gaining realm points (why i never fit in a certain alliance well :p ) so it would be fine. It would also mean the the actual frontier isnt emptied out. Afteral, what group would go to frontier when they can get better rp's in an arena due to not being zerged down? It guarentees the high rr groups are kept involved in wider picture as they want to gain rp's howver it will also mean that they get that fg vs fg fight they desire if they get fed up with the rvr situation.

Zebolt

Can't get enough of FH
Corran said:
Well look at it this way

"rp's = realm points. So you get them for defending your realm or attaking an enemy realm to increase your land holdings. Both these are to the benefit of the realm hence the award.

Combat arena's are not about your realm. It abot group vs group only and as such it doesnt benefit your realm (unlike defence or attack of a frontier) and as such isnt worth of said rewards.

Personally i wouldnt mind the introduction of the arena's like this. I prefer a good fight not gaining realm points (why i never fit in a certain alliance well :p ) so it would be fine. It would also mean the the actual frontier isnt emptied out. Afteral, what group would go to frontier when they can get better rp's in an arena due to not being zerged down? It guarentees the high rr groups are kept involved in wider picture as they want to gain rp's howver it will also mean that they get that fg vs fg fight they desire if they get fed up with the rvr situation.
Look at it this way

I played RvR cuz' I wanted more rp's to make my char better and allso to be recognized by my enemies. Ofc it was more fun fighting the "better" guilds than the warder grps. But if I don't get any reward for killing ppl I miss out on half of what Im looking for..

Cadelin

Resident Freddy
Zebolt said:
Look at it this way

I played RvR cuz' I wanted more rp's to make my char better and allso to be recognized by my enemies. Ofc it was more fun fighting the "better" guilds than the warder grps. But if I don't get any reward for killing ppl I miss out on half of what Im looking for..

But you do get a reward, they said they would have leaderboard etc. Its a different type of fight so a different type of reward.

GReaper

Part of the furniture
Flimgoblin said:
You can send feedback using the feedback form - I think (not 100% sure) that GOA pass on anything that should just go to Mythic if it's sent to RightNow (obviously easier if you just use the feedback form on the herald ;))

The feedback form is mostly ignored from my experience.

I've submitted several reports regarding their bugged RSS, but it always gets ignored. :(

Roadie

Fledgling Freddie
i dont like the look of either of them, one looks like mixing pve with rvr the other takes away alot of what rvr is about. The "gladatorial combat arenas" without rp's takes away a lot of the chaos of rvr.

also it might turn current rvr into some sort of prequest for the arenas :z

I liked old school rvr and i like current rvr (only critisim of current rvr system is the structure of DDC dock compared to beno and bled dock)

Darzil

Fledgling Freddie
Yes, arena's without rp's will fail.

When people say it's not about rp's, they want fg vs fg combat, with no adds, against similar powered opponents, they are aren't being entirely honest.

Darzil

Xxcalibur

One of Freddy's beloved
givv one classic server with old emain and non toa items and u will see how much ppl go to that server.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
GReaper said:
The feedback form is mostly ignored from my experience.

I've submitted several reports regarding their bugged RSS, but it always gets ignored. :(

I asked for a realtime clock once :)

Tafaya Anathas

Fledgling Freddie
Xxcalibur said:
givv one classic server with old emain and non toa items and u will see how much ppl go to that server.

Hmm that would be the highest population server in a month imo.

Corran

Part of the furniture
Darzil said:
Yes, arena's without rp's will fail.

When people say it's not about rp's, they want fg vs fg combat, with no adds, against similar powered opponents, they are aren't being entirely honest.

Darzil

We may be a small minorities but i for one prefer a good fight to an easy win to gain rps. Recently i been coming up against the same group of 3-5hibs. while solo, only ever killed them once (guard help) rest of the time i dont think i even killed any of them, BUT, the fights lasted up to 5 minutes and they were more enjoyable then find a solo person, mezz> nuke nuke root nuke nuke to kill them. no fun in that. Mind you the fights with the Eld rjann were good. Ended up 2:2 over a 30minute period from 1vs1. Damn qc stun :D

Corran

Part of the furniture
Zebolt said:
Look at it this way

Yes you played RvR for RP's, but what these arena's are is not RvR, it is Group vs Group. And that why you not get rp's. Really how easy to you want it? oh look lets go arena with rr10 group, w00t we been put up against a warder group, 10 seconds later, LOL that was easy RP lets do it again. I need never go real RvR again.

That will be the reson behind no rp's. Give you a choice depend on what you looking for Realm points or Group vs Group. Means the frontier will never be empty this way which can only be a good thing

Zebolt

Can't get enough of FH
Corran said:
Yes you played RvR for RP's, but what these arena's are is not RvR, it is Group vs Group. And that why you not get rp's. Really how easy to you want it? oh look lets go arena with rr10 group, w00t we been put up against a warder group, 10 seconds later, LOL that was easy RP lets do it again. I need never go real RvR again.

That will be the reson behind no rp's. Give you a choice depend on what you looking for Realm points or Group vs Group. Means the frontier will never be empty this way which can only be a good thing
Didn't you read? They were talking about special rules to not limit that out. Maybe check your facts before you start opening your mouth and telling me I want easy rp's. That wasn't the point at all, but no reward = no fun ^^

Maleg

Fledgling Freddie
Neither of the two options they presented was great.

FG iRvR in an arena has disadvantages for both Midgard and Albion. Hibernia is about the only Realm that can field a FG with semi decent buffs for all characters plus the essentials (end, speed, cc, healing and damage) without sacrifise.

RvR missions don't seem that great either, although probably the better of the two options. For a start the rewards would have to be pretty fantastic to get people to do them, but I can't see how they'd improve RvR. Remember the courier missions and how popular they were?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom