Any physicists out there ?

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Trying to resolve an argument

Whats the difference between hydro dynamics, fluid dynamics, and liquid dynamics.

Thank you.

Olgaline

FH is my second home
Hydrodynamics, also known as liquid-dynamics in limited academic circles, (literally, "water motion") is fluid dynamics applied to liquids, such as water, alcohol, oil, and blood. However, this distinction from fluid dynamics as a whole is not always fully observed.

Fluid dynamics is the sub-discipline of fluid mechanics dealing with fluids (liquids and gases) in motion. It has several subdisciplines itself, including aerodynamics (the study of gases in motion) and hydrodynamics (the study of liquids in motion). Fluid dynamics has a wide range of applications, including calculating forces and moments on aircraft, determining the mass flow rate of petroleum through pipelines, predicting weather patterns, understanding nebulae in interstellar space and reportedly modelling fission weapon detonation. Some of its principles are even used in traffic engineering, where traffic is treated as a continuous fluid.

Fluid dynamics offers a systematic structure that underlies these practical disciplines and that embraces empirical and semi-empirical laws, derived from flow measurement, used to solve practical problems. The solution of a fluid dynamics problem typically involves calculation of various properties of the fluid, such as velocity, pressure, density, and temperature, as functions of space and time.

as for the last...uuuhmm...

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
I am a part-time gynaecologist, can I help or am I just making a c**t of myself?

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
I am! I see a...a...rabbit? Yes! Rabbit, with...three ears! No... Hopping...another thing coming...black...just...name...fat bearded guy...and another image! speed, lots of s....jumping jack flash!

crispy

Can't get enough of FH
Cooles fluid is Bose-Einstein condensate!

IT DEFIES GRAVITY!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom