Any MORRISSEY fans out there? WTF ARE YOU SMOKING WORST PERSON EVER!

Galie

One of Freddy's beloved
Morrisey and The Smiths omfg. I once punched a person in a party for saying The Smiths were a better band then the New York Dolls. That is how hard they suck I had to resort to physical violence towards a person who had the audacity to claim they were a half way decent band.

Lets look it like this they dedicated a whole episode of Nevermind the Buzzcocks to taking the piss out of the Smiths. No one who knew them or met Morrisey has ever liked him. Everytime he appears on the tv or radio he makes a complete arse of himself. He wouldn't even sing happy birthday to himself with a whole studio of people on Jules Hollands show once, what a twat. Most of his tunes and lyrics are stolen from better bands. I throw a glass at my tv screen after watching him masscre that punk classic by the New York Dolls (Morrisey was the head of their fan-club at one point, what a freaking loser who joins fan clubs not very rock and roll really imo) Subway Train (that is a classic song). Any gimp that dances with flowers and says meat is murder needs a slap not a music carreer!

In short

Smiths=Phassies

Morrisey=Pretentious twat

If you want to listen to decent music avoid that tantless gimp and listen to real musicans.

Chesnox

Fledgling Freddie
Galie said:
Morrisey and The Smiths omfg. I once punched a person in a party for saying The Smiths were a better band then the New York Dolls. That is how hard they suck I had to resort to physical violence towards a person who had the audacity to claim they were a half way decent band.

Lets look it like this they dedicated a whole episode of Nevermind the Buzzcocks to taking the piss out of the Smiths. No one who knew them or met Morrisey has ever liked him. Everytime he appears on the tv or radio he makes a complete arse of himself. He wouldn't even sing happy birthday to himself with a whole studio of people on Jules Hollands show once, what a twat. Most of his tunes and lyrics are stolen from better bands. I throw a glass at my tv screen after watching him masscre that punk classic by the New York Dolls (Morrisey was the head of their fan-club at one point, what a freaking loser who joins fan clubs not very rock and roll really imo) Subway Train (that is a classic song). Any gimp that dances with flowers and says meat is murder needs a slap not a music carreer!

In short

Smiths=Phassies

Morrisey=Pretentious twat

If you want to listen to decent music avoid that tantless gimp and listen to real musicans.

The beauty of music, we don't all like the same shit.

I liked The Smiths because of what they sang, meaningful and intelligent lyrics in a time when it was mostly banal pop music. Pretentious, probably, but it didn't really matter then or now. You don't have to subscribe to a bands lifestyle to enjoy their music. I was never celibate, vegetarian or confused, but I liked the sounds. And thats all that matters really. As for the New York Dolls thing, well, pretty hard to fire a 'pretentious' broadside at Morrissey when dealing with the New York Dolls? imho of course. And as for plaigarism, well, I just don't see that I am afraid.

Then, The Smiths/Morrisey always polarised opinion. You either loved him/them or you thought they were total twats. Thats one of the reasons I liked them tbh ;)

Galie

One of Freddy's beloved
There are opinions and there is the blind honest truth, you cannot get closers to a given in the music industry that The Smiths and especially Morrisey are WANK! If it wasn't morrisey I wouldn't be speaking like this, but Morrisey is the definition of utter crap music.

He can't sing, he can't write lyrics, he can't play an instrument, he isn't cool, he didn't effect any change in music, he is a vacuous whole of bullshit set in a lanky, floppy haired body!

sidd-down!

Chesnox

Fledgling Freddie
Galie said:
There are opinions and there is the blind honest truth, you cannot get closers to a given in the music industry that The Smiths and especially Morrisey are WANK! If it wasn't morrisey I wouldn't be speaking like this, but Morrisey is the definition of utter crap music.

He can't sing, he can't write lyrics, he can't play an instrument, he isn't cool, he didn't effect any change in music, he is a vacuous whole of bullshit set in a lanky, floppy haired body!

sidd-down!

Yeah his and The Smiths record sales prove you dead right don't they....

Not.

Remember, opinion != fact.....

Galie

One of Freddy's beloved
Well when did record sales ever become proof of quality of music, The Velvet Underground never hit the top 20 twenty ever and their first album could be one of the top albums of all time.

Smiths are still a terrible band, someone pointed out earlier in a post you either loved them or hated them. Well that is true, but it would be more accurate to say you either liked them and are totally cluesless about music or you didn't and had an ounce of sense. They are a horrible band always were always will be, everyone I know and respects opinion on music agrees only the utterly moronic disagree, there is no single arguement that would compel me to believe they are in anyway worth listening too.

Why waste your time too much good music to waste your time on them honestly that is why it upsets me soo much.

Chesnox

Fledgling Freddie
Galie said:
Well when did record sales ever become proof of quality of music, The Velvet Underground never hit the top 20 twenty ever and their first album could be one of the top albums of all time.

Smiths are still a terrible band, someone pointed out earlier in a post you either loved them or hated them. Well that is true, but it would be more accurate to say you either liked them and are totally cluesless about music or you didn't and had an ounce of sense. They are a horrible band always were always will be, everyone I know and respects opinion on music agrees only the utterly moronic disagree, there is no single arguement that would compel me to believe they are in anyway worth listening too.

Why waste your time too much good music to waste your time on them honestly that is why it upsets me soo much.

Muppet.

Yeke

Fledgling Freddie
Galie said:

So you punched someone because they liked a different band than you, you sir are a moron.

As to your opinion on the smiths I disagree with you, feel free to try and assault me for my musical preferences.....

Galie

One of Freddy's beloved
Well we'll see muppet in your eyes but not in the eyes of the sane few who realise the Smiths suck.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
Chesnox said:
Yeah his and The Smiths record sales prove you dead right don't they....

Not.

Remember, opinion != fact.....

well i mean westlife sold loads of records, doesnt make them any better at music :D

Galie

One of Freddy's beloved
The specifics of the punching the Smiths fan, might need further explanation. It was late and the party was winding down, the girl whose party it was asked me to put on something chilled out, I put on a compilation of Billy Holiday songs.

The afore mentioned Smiths fan went over without asking anyone and turned it off and started playing some of his gimpy Morrisey crap, to the boos and wails of all around. Then he started shooting off his mouth about how Billy holiday can't sing and sucks blah blah blah, I confronted him with the fact this was a might hypocritcal seeing how Morrisey's singing resembles the sound of screwing fox you hear at night.

He put proceeded to put on a song to prove me to wrong, which subsquently turned out to be a terrible cover or atleast the first verse and tune from a New York Dolls song. I told it what i thought of the song, he said something ridiculous about the Smiths version being better then the New York Dolls one and that is why i called him a gimp or something.

He started to get all aggy and act as if somehow he was gonna start a fight so i hit him first. In the end he walked home with meas he lived on the same road as him so it wasn't too bad, but he was a complete gimp.

Indis

Loyal Freddie
oh for god's sake take a chill pill will you.. :touch:

If you don't like him don't listen to him but there's a lot of people who enjoyed the Smiths whether you like or not.

There's a lot of bands mentioned in this forum that quite frankly I wouldn't allow the cds through my front door but i certainly wont trash their opinion of the bands they admire

So there :p

oblimov

Luver of Buckfast
rofl someone disagrees with u so u hook em?

you should be president of the US m8

Gaddry

Fledgling Freddie
lol oh dear there is always one. I am not sure sails is anything to go on, Morrissey and being a fan of him is part of a cult. I do agree many people either love hmi or ahte him, clearly the second group are wrong but as you say its music so its all taste.

What did make me laugh is that you reckon he cant write lyrics, Morrissey is one of the greatest ever lyricists, and the combination of that and Marr's skills on the guiatr created one of the greatest ever bands in British history.

When has Morrissey ever 'stolen' lyrics, the fact that almost all his songs have some story/interest personal to him means he far from ever ripped off any music.

The musical influence of The Smiths on generations after is too long to mention.

Fact he was New York Dolls fan clun leader just goes to show how much he was a fan...doesnt it? He has never ripped them off, he is influenced by them clearly, as I am sure the New York Dolls had their idols.

Oh and peolpe that say Morrissey is rude dont get him, if you took your time to listen to him and try and understand him bit better, you might understand why hes like that. Personally I think thats part of his charm, and always will be.

Clearly you are never going to agree to the idea that Morrissey is a god walking this earth, but hey you cant be right every time. Maybe one day you will learn.

Morrisey for ever! :clap: :kissit:

Binky the Bomb

Fledgling Freddie
Galie said:
The specifics of the punching the Smiths fan, might need further explanation. It was late and the party was winding down, the girl whose party it was asked me to put on something chilled out, I put on a compilation of Billy Holiday songs.

The afore mentioned Smiths fan went over without asking anyone and turned it off and started playing some of his gimpy Morrisey crap, to the boos and wails of all around. Then he started shooting off his mouth about how Billy holiday can't sing and sucks blah blah blah, I confronted him with the fact this was a might hypocritcal seeing how Morrisey's singing resembles the sound of screwing fox you hear at night.

He put proceeded to put on a song to prove me to wrong, which subsquently turned out to be a terrible cover or atleast the first verse and tune from a New York Dolls song. I told it what i thought of the song, he said something ridiculous about the Smiths version being better then the New York Dolls one and that is why i called him a gimp or something.

He started to get all aggy and act as if somehow he was gonna start a fight so i hit him first. In the end he walked home with me, as he lived on the same road as him so it wasn't too bad, but he was a complete gimp.

And so your argument is valid? No, it's not. I'm not a Morresy or Smiths fan, but I can tell you that there are far worse out there, and you should seriously take a deep breath, and stop acting like a 13 year old. Everyone, no matter how stupid, or annoying has a right to there opinion on whatever topic they wish, if asked it, no matter how ludicrous it may be. God himself cannot take away this right.

As for your taste in music, just because your a fan of something doesn't mean it's the best shit in the world, without question, to beleive this only ponts out how nieve you realy are. As for posting this information on a public forum for justification, for anyone to see and ridicule, just compounds the error. To then FURTHER back up your claim with the little story to somehow "win us over" is only digging yourself in further.

Quit now, you will not win.

Galie

One of Freddy's beloved
I'm starting to get a little pissed off by the sheer stupidity of some replies.

I have one specific point to make about the song of Morrisey's (that I even saw him perform on the Johnathon Ross show once) that rips a verse from Subway Train by the New York Dolls. I suppose all you freaky Smiths fans will know the song better then I do, but just do me this favour, download the song listen to it and then tell me if it sounds familar. I expect it will, then tell me he does not rip off his songs. It is one thing admiring a legendary band like them, its another stripping one of their most famous songs words and tune and tagging it to your own dreary moany bullshit. Johnny Thunders would be turning in his grave.

As to his lyrics, if they were so amazing why does a talented english literature student I have known for years and trusts opinions on matters of poetry etc think they are some of the worst lyrics ever written and sing them just to take the piss when he is bored to annoy people around him?

To be quite honest I have no idea where exactly people get the idea Morrisey could write lyrics have you heard the junk he comes up with. Its boring, self-obsessive, repetative, and the only people that can related to is are abnormal socially inadequate freaks who needs to sort themselves out.

I'll leave you with words from Morrisey himself, from a Smiths song. "You just haven't earned it yet, baby":

"If you're wondering why
All the love that you long for eludes you
And people are rude and cruel to you
I'll tell you why
I'll tell you why
I'll tell you why
I'll tell you why"

I'll tell you why, its because YOU LISTEN TO CRAP MUSIC!

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Just curious on what non- "boring, self-obsessive, repetative" music you listen to Galie.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Galie said:
Well we'll see muppet in your eyes but not in the eyes of the sane few who realise the Smiths suck.

and anyone that feels its ok to work himself up like this over a bloody music band needs to see a doctor..

WHO CARES if they suck or not? aslong as THEY have fun writing the songs and then sing them, and some ppl like it, thats all thats important. they arent forcing you to listen to them.

you sir needs some mental help if u actually punched a guy for liking them...

SO WHAT? you dont like them. big deal, dont listen to them and let the ppl that do continue to..

Misleath

Fledgling Freddie
Don't come and say that every artist doesn't steal and rip off others works. That's the whole point, if you influence someone else you obviously must have done something right.

harebear

Fledgling Freddie
Lets just all be nice and agree that metal all in all its various forms is the best, shall we? :)

Gaddry

Fledgling Freddie
Morrissey has used a line from a 'new york dolls' track at the beginning of one of this as a way of paying respect to them, never has he stolen anything from them.

Quote from 'Cemetry gates' ('The Queen is Dead')

"If you must write prose/poems the words you use should be your own,

Don't plagiarise or take "on loan",

There's always someone, somewhere with a big nose, who knows."

How appropriate, me thinks your the fool with the big nose that knows!!!

These dont sound like the words of some one that is too interested in ripping people off. Frankly its clearly no in his anture if you know anything about the bloke.

As for your friend, whooped he fricking doo, just as you seem to, I will assume he is shit!

Morchaoron

Fledgling Freddie
Galie said:

I dont know who the smiths are, i dont know who the new york dolls are and i dont know who you are, but if that is the way you act about such things you are a stupid **** no matter what

just think about it (which i doubt you can)

Svartmetall

Great Unclean One
Johnny Marr is a decent guitarist, and at a time when everyone and his dog was trying to out-Van Halen Eddie Van Halen (the undisputed king of rock guitar when the Smiths appeared), you had to respect a player who just did his own thing and established his own style.

However, every time Morrissey opened his whining tuneless fucking mouth I wanted to go on a gun-fuelled killing spree. Good guitarist, singer who should have been strangled at birth.

Yeke

Fledgling Freddie
Personnaly music to me is something to enjoy and is personal to each and every individual, the plesure I derive from the smiths/morrisey is that each time I listen to one of his/there albums there is usually something that at that moment in time I can relate too no matter what mood I'm in.

Your critisms of him seem to be of a personal nature and as such are your own, why you felt the need to post this says more about you than anything else imho, seems you have a problem with people having a different view than your own and go to extreme lengths to try and make people see things your way.

As to the argument about him not being able to sing, well the sex pistols changed music and I like them too but nobody in there right mind would claim sid vicious could sing dosnt meen there music had no value, Roger waters Isnt a great singer yet he with and without pink floyd created lots of brilliant music as well as shows.

As for Plagurism I'm sorry you feel someone who has written as many songs as morrisey cant write a song without stealing other peoples lyrics all writers borrow idea's and rework them everyone looks for inspiration at some point, theres a big difference between that and just blatently ripping off someone else's work and passing it off as your own.

P.S As long as you enjoy your fav music and others enjoy theirs where is your problem?

Gaddry

Fledgling Freddie
people say Morrissey cant sing because they dont look past the vocal style he has, it may come across as not being able to sing but its because of its tone.

You only have to listen to 'come back to camden' to realise his fantastic singing ability, tone, pitch and range!

Buffer

Fledgling Freddie
Galie said:
I'm starting to get a little pissed off by the sheer stupidity of some replies.

Matching the supidity of your original post?

It does not matter that you tried to justify your actions, re. hitting the guy, in a later post. First impressions count. Your first post comes across as you ranting and playing the hard man. You came across as an idiot, the damage is done.

Im sure if I was to browse through your cd/mp3 collection I would find music I would never listen to unless forced to. I'm sure you would do the same with mine. Everyone has thier own taste. You are entitled to your opinion as are others, but to start screaming and ranting on a forum in the manner you have only makes you look stupid and narrow minded.

Music is a matter of personal taste, if a certain song strikes a chord with you then who is anyone else to say its crap? As long as you like it it does not matter. At the same time you have to allow others the same rights regarding their choice in music. Even my favourite band while producing some good music has released some music that I would call crap. The good tracks make up for it though.

And for the record, I am not a fan of The Smiths

LordjOX

Part of the furniture
Dont care how the personality of the person singing the songs are like... the music is nice imo

Lumikki

Fledgling Freddie
Morchaoron said:
I dont know who the smiths are, i dont know who the new york dolls are and i dont know who you are, but if that is the way you act about such things you are a stupid **** no matter what

<nods>

And who gives a flying fuck about Morriseys and Smith's and what ever :rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom