Any idea on the release date of NF yet?

Wabbit

Fledgling Freddie
Dear friends at Goa,

Do you have any idea on a release date yet? You must be working like any other sensible company with milestones, deadlines, planning or whatever...

I dont have to know an exact date but could you at least tell a bit more like: "not this week" or ""before the end of November"

Grebneklaf

Fledgling Freddie
Just to make the point from the start i really dont have a clue.

Now when that is out of the way, it will probaly be some time yet, would think they would want to try running Gorre on something else than english, and it seems like theyve only translated the TOA version of NF so far, since they havent yet released the SI version for download( if they have my bad, aint really been looking for it)

Anyway it will be released at precisely the time it is released :eek2:

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
they're waiting for me to ding 50 on my heretic before they release it so I have time to play it :)

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Draylor said:
So thatll be mid-2007 then? :fluffle:

nah pendragon has uber easy levelling :) 2 day free levels...

of course you have to actually level in those two days to get it so yeah about 2007 ;)

Tilda

Flimgoblin said:
they're waiting for me to ding 50 on my heretic before they release it so I have time to play it :)
NDA VIOLATION!!!!1211

Marcus75

Fledgling Freddie
My guess is that they will not say anything until we all of the sudden get a official message on the official site that it will be realesed tomorrow - when "tomorrow" actually will occur probably can be expected between this friday and up until late december...that is if they actully release it this year...

Schenton

Fledgling Freddie
Hmm why does it take longer to translate a patch then making it? Not realy sure when 1.69 came but it have to be like 4-5 months now, and I'm sure US didn't have to wait that long from 1.69 to 1.70.

Zenythe

[GOA] English Servers GM
Because Mythic are generally working about 2 patches ahead however we have to wait for them to send us the files...

Daedalus

Can't get enough of FH
Old.Schenton said:
Hmm why does it take longer to translate a patch then making it? Not realy sure when 1.69 came but it have to be like 4-5 months now, and I'm sure US didn't have to wait that long from 1.69 to 1.70.

Because it takes Mythic some time to port the DAoC server to an out-of-development-enviroment release for GoA to use on their servers. For 'normal' patches, it takes 30% of the time for Mythic to come up with the patches, 35% for GoA to have the translation done, and 35% of implementation (which is a bit of a trial-and-error thing; something doesnt work as intended, GoA sends the server version back to mythic, mythic fixes it and sends it back to GoA)..

Now, for patches that actually implement something new, on top of what I described above there's also the part where the new stuff needs to be tested to iron out any (configuration) fuck-ups.

Or so I understand from the GoA people.

Tafaya Anathas

Fledgling Freddie
Zenythe said:
Because Mythic are generally working about 2 patches ahead however we have to wait for them to send us the files...

As I see Mythic don't want the EU servers to be closer than 2 patches, why else they are holding back the files?

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
Tafaya Anathas said:
As I see Mythic don't want the EU servers to be closer than 2 patches, why else they are holding back the files?
Same old questions, its like a stuck record fs.

Even when they go live theres still on going bug issues they "hotfix" for one.

Then if you bothered to read the same whines as this before, you would also know there are translations to be done (TOA was a huge one), as well as minor alterations for the euro servers. Then GOA have to ensure their own content work, AFAIK theres at least 5 GOA only quests which need coding back in.

Then you have the constant Rightnows and Whines on here from ppl to sift through to try and seperate those who genuinly need help and those who just have too much time on their hands and get lonely.

So its all justified, if the release to Euro was as buggy as the US, Im sure you'd be first in the queue to moan about it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom