any guilds?

Ocalinn

Fledgling Freddie
for these chars

Invader 42 Friar
Alveloi 35 Warden
Aacht 33 Shaman (bot)
Kaoretha 34 Necro

just want someone to group with and chat with a few ppl.. and no i wont beg for money, PL etc etc

Bahumat

FH is my second home
if you lvl your friar to 50 you got a better chance of joining a big guild

Tsabo

Fledgling Freddie
www.v00d00.com

apply there m8, majority of people in guild that are active are lvl 40+ now, and we getting regular grps for farmin cash and xp going atm too :)

Ocalinn

Fledgling Freddie
Tsabo said:
www.v00d00.com

apply there m8, majority of people in guild that are active are lvl 40+ now, and we getting regular grps for farmin cash and xp going atm too :)

is that the right url? looks to me like its down :eek7:

Fuzzy

Fledgling Freddie
Actually, most big guilds don't take friars anymore, the ignorant !$!$%!$£"ers :p , but I still love playing mine. I know a couple of guys in Voodoo and they seem alright, except for Painbringerrrrr who's a right pain in the rear-end :p

B

Ballad

Fuzzy said:
Actually, most big guilds don't take friars anymore, the ignorant !$!$%!$£"ers :p , but I still love playing mine. I know a couple of guys in Voodoo and they seem alright, except for Painbringerrrrr who's a right pain in the rear-end :p
Most big guilds? :p

I've seen VW's in Horde, champions in Last~Wave. Both classes are inferior to friars.

Either your defination of "big guilds" differs from mine or Camlann is fucked up for good. Maybe both. :p

Tsabo

Fledgling Freddie
Champs and VW btr than a friar in an assist train, and considerin most guilds use druids/shammies for heals/buffs, no need for friars buffs/grp buffs.

Kicks

Fledgling Freddie
Tsabo said:
Champs and VW btr than a friar in an assist train, and considerin most guilds use druids/shammies for heals/buffs, no need for friars buffs/grp buffs.

How? Rather have a 2 hander swinging at near cap speed than not and another base buffer is always handy specially as they can't be sheared :)

Tsabo

Fledgling Freddie
Kicks said:
How? Rather have a 2 hander swinging at near cap speed than not and another base buffer is always handy specially as they can't be sheared :)

Cos the friar may have 2h weap hittin fast, but a champ will be hittin harder than a friar, also using debuffs and insta dd, plus the usful snare, and VWs styles have procs meaning they do more damage to, plus a sweet behind style stun is used by both a champ and vw, where's the friars behind stun ay? :p

Bahumat

FH is my second home
i love this board no one ever agrees its hilarious. i think tsabo has a good point tho.

Kicks

Fledgling Freddie
Tsabo said:
Cos the friar may have 2h weap hittin fast, but a champ will be hittin harder than a friar, also using debuffs and insta dd, plus the usful snare, and VWs styles have procs meaning they do more damage to, plus a sweet behind style stun is used by both a champ and vw, where's the friars behind stun ay? :p

debuffs are kinda pointless if you all /assisting, postitional styles are well and good but only really useful if you got time to use um or running ppl down :).

Friar > VW > Champ imo :)

Nedo

Fledgling Freddie
Kicks said:
debuffs are kinda pointless if you all /assisting, postitional styles are well and good but only really useful if you got time to use um or running ppl down :).

VW > champ > friar imo

Tsabo

Fledgling Freddie
Kicks said:

OK you're something other than a tanks with an assist train on you, what do you do?

Do you..

a. Die of fright.
b. Stand there and take the pummeling.
c. Turn tail and try to out fun then.

Most will do c. This is there the behind stuns and the champs snare come in handy. And the insta root of a VW is helpful.

Plus the champ Str/Con debuff will remove around 200-300 HP from the target. Thus meaning 1 less swing on them. And with having ur pick of classes, alot of people go with druids/shammies, meaning all will have a haste buff from druid.having self buffs and base buffs, is kind of pointless for a friar when in a group. They are designed to pwn solo, which they do. But in an assist train I would much rather have a champ or VW as what they spec for is more useful to a group.

Tsabo

Fledgling Freddie
Ithlamer said:
how many VW or champs can heal? :eek7:

Why would they need to heal when you already have atleast 2 other healers in the grp? 3 if ur smart and use a Bard instead of a Mincer.

Ithlamer

Fledgling Freddie
because you can't always make perfect groups on camlann and if you could then you would be right that other classes are better, but fact is you dont always have 2 buffers in grp's so you might need some more bases and if you say only had 1 healer in a grp and someone was interuping him then you can help a bit on friar with a few heals.

Tsabo

Fledgling Freddie
Ballad said:
Most big guilds? :p

I've seen VW's in Horde, champions in Last~Wave. Both classes are inferior to friars.

Either your defination of "big guilds" differs from mine or Camlann is fucked up for good. Maybe both. :p

Ithlamer said:
because you can't always make perfect groups on camlann and if you could then you would be right that other classes are better, but fact is you dont always have 2 buffers in grp's so you might need some more bases and if you say only had 1 healer in a grp and someone was interuping him then you can help a bit on friar with a few heals.

Sorry for pointing this out, but this discussion was talking about the big guilds that are all lvl 50, fully TOAed, that have buffbots etc etc.

Do you really think they are gonna run around without 2 healing/buffing classes in a grp and not be in an ideal(or as close to it as possible) group?

I don't think so. They aren't gonna sub in a friar as one of the main healers if they are short, and I doubt they will be short anyway.

Ithlamer

Fledgling Freddie
yeah but still there not totaly useless to a big guild friars got more utilty than quite a few chars tbh i thinks it stupid to turn down a friar because of the classes grp utility

B

Ballad

Listen to the almighty lurikeen champion please.

Our powerpool is nonexistent. One big fight and we're oop, even with power regen. To boot, the recharge timer on our debuffs is quite harsh and a hasty decision (dex/qui and combat speed on a 2h user, fx) can be fatal. To sum this up: Champion's magic is nearly useless in group based PvP.

Without Valor Champions are nothing more than Heroes with lower WS and hit points (and worse RA's). Friars offer better damage (yeah, they outdamage us) at better delay and some extra healing support if needed.

Dunno about VW's but they seem to be quite close to champions.

Don't get me wrong, both VW's and Champions are great solo/duo/ and why not groupclasses but I can't really see them fit in a fixed PvP group.

Bahumat

FH is my second home
is castruccio from die poison pruder a champ or is he a hero.

annihilation is uber for a grp tho. do that on a healer and you can probably kill him. high dmg is good for a grp

B

Ballad

Bahumat said:
is castruccio from die poison pruder a champ or is he a hero.

annihilation is uber for a grp tho. do that on a healer and you can probably kill him. high dmg is good for a grp
He is a champion.

And heroes can do annihilation too, only better.

Darksword

Can't get enough of FH
friar hits HARD (or should b doing) and they heal, buff, have decent defence (evade 6 if i remember right? and parry) and if there nto needed 2 smack sum 1 down, they can stop and heal up a bit etc etc. huge utility, and witht here inst taunt shout they can also stop casters for a few seconds so that a big tank can knack em. friars r cool :D and friar > champ :) dunno where valewalker fits into that, but i think champ > valewalker as valewalker is more positional style based?

Tsabo

Fledgling Freddie
Ballad said:
Don't get me wrong, both VW's and Champions are great solo/duo/ and why not groupclasses but I can't really see them fit in a fixed PvP group.

Champs do well 1vs1 if they are specced 50 valor 42 sheild rest 1h weap. otherwise they are pure assist damage.

VWs suck in 1vs1.

Both do well in duos with a sheild tank, or another VW/Champ.

But end of the day, these classes are MADE for doing pure damage, as friars are designed to solo amazingly well.

Tsabo

Fledgling Freddie
Ballad said:
He is a champion.

And heroes can do annihilation too, only better.

Hell yer, my hero on excal 2 hit an SB the other day.

both anialations 1st hit for just over 700 damage(NO crit).

2nd hit for around 650.

Just sick imo :)

Kicks

Fledgling Freddie
tbh if we talking about big guild running uber grps then they aint gonna pick any of the 3 :p - Det Shield Tank fortehwin or Det Light Tank fortehwin

Duo's small grps etc Friar fortehwin always useful to throw a couple of heals if need be.

B

Ballad

Tsabo said:
Champs do well 1vs1 if they are specced 50 valor 42 sheild rest 1h weap. otherwise they are pure assist damage.

VWs suck in 1vs1.

Both do well in duos with a sheild tank, or another VW/Champ.

But end of the day, these classes are MADE for doing pure damage, as friars are designed to solo amazingly well.
Sorry dude but your post was kinda... ridiculous.

LW is what makes us win solo fights. We have to kill fast to survive and that's impossible if specced s/s. It may be a better groupspec though.

Ame

Fledgling Freddie
Friar > all .. from past experiance..

/discussion over

Tsabo

Fledgling Freddie
Ballad said:
Sorry dude but your post was kinda... ridiculous.

LW is what makes us win solo fights. We have to kill fast to survive and that's impossible if specced s/s. It may be a better groupspec though.

LMAO!

42 Sheild 50 Valor 39 Blunt 6 Parry > Any other champ spec for solo

I know a guy that has had a similar spec and he is RR8 and absoloutly pwns.

Imagine being a Sheild tank full buffed going up against another tank that is unbuffed, easy isnt it, they cant hit you, and you hit them harder. THAT is what this spec does, you debuff em to piss, and they cant do bugger all. Plus blunt is the one I would go for bcos of the 4 move block combo.

You dont need to kill fast when people cant hit you...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom