Any grps?

Eeben

Fledgling Freddie
Any set grps out there missing a merc? :) thinking about rolling one for grp rvr but really cba if i cant get a grp with it.. So anybody out there who want me to play merc in grp? :)

feel free to pm me if your dont want ppl you know you wanna grp with me :p

eggy

Fledgling Freddie
Set groups rarely work, long-term commitment is in short supply, especially with the nice summer weather that's finally started to emerge!

Pick-up-groups can be really great, especially after you know who's decent/friendly. Made a lot of merc RPs through semi-random setups.

Eeben

Fledgling Freddie
eggy said:
Set groups rarely work, long-term commitment is in short supply, especially with the nice summer weather that's finally started to emerge!

Pick-up-groups can be really great, especially after you know who's decent/friendly. Made a lot of merc RPs through semi-random setups.

problem is i dont wanna sit at cs/snow yelling lfg an wait hours an hours to get a decent grp when i log on :) if i wanna get pwnet all the time i will just log my scout :p

eggy

Fledgling Freddie
Eeben said:
problem is i dont wanna sit at cs/snow yelling lfg an wait hours an hours to get a decent grp when i log on :) if i wanna get pwnet all the time i will just log my scout :p

You don't need to. Best way to make rps, especially at low rr, is to make the group yourself. People like confident leaders.

On merc, I just grab a decent merc assist, a cleric and sorc, then build the group from there.

Eeben

Fledgling Freddie
eggy said:
You don't need to. Best way to make rps, especially at low rr, is to make the group yourself. People like confident leaders.

On merc, I just grab a decent merc assist, a cleric and sorc, then build the group from there.

then after an houre you get the grp you want, then when you wipe first time ppl leave/whine wich leaves to other ppl leaving, been there done that :D

eggy

Fledgling Freddie
Eeben said:
then after an houre you get the grp you want, then when you wipe first time ppl leave/whine wich leaves to other ppl leaving, been there done that :D

Strange, rarely happens in my groups :)

Eeben

Fledgling Freddie
eggy said:
Strange, rarely happens in my groups :)

well havent been grouping for months now so maybe it chancet :) but what im trying to say is when i log on i want to be sure to have a decent grp to play with an dont waste my time running with a pug that gets owned over an over again :)

Varna

Fledgling Freddie
It's never an over-night thing - You have to work at it. I'd help you pal, but it's just not my cup of tea anymore.

kirennia

Part of the furniture
Eeben said:

At least then you know who not to invite in the future :p

rawr

Fledgling Freddie
albion really could use a few more set groups imo. been putting off posting this as it isn't really the best way to get stuff going and i don't know where to look ingame, but i'm very interested in being part of a good set group. by good, i mean decent players that know what they're doing.

i'm prepared to play almost anything/ make a class i might not enjoy so much, just so i can play in a good set group.

if there is anyone out there that would want me, please pm me, otherwise if a decent calibre of players is met we could try get the group here. just one problem with that; i can't be bothered rolling a new toon and running it through mls and such just for the group to fall apart 2 days in. there would need to be people genuinely interested, can use voicecoms (ts/vent - have their own server is a big plus, especially if it is vent imo), willing to put a bit of effort to get the group going and play often (say 3+ nights a week).

the only way i can see if it would work out with playstyles etc would be to play together ingame first.

if you are in the same mindset as me and would seriously like to try this out, pm me. doesn't matter what class - we could start the group from scratch and decide a setup once we have the people. :)

Martok

Part of the furniture
Eggy is right you just have to follow that setup and your sorted!

it will take you a while to get establised know who is good and you work well with the sort of play style you wanna do weather your MA or Assist merc style interupt or pure agresstion style ect, after a while you will find ppl who play the same as you and work well.

random gorups are the best way to do this, dont get frustraited when you die (like i used to) just brush off go again before long ya random group starts homing in with eachother as long as your on voice coms!! and you realy can start to get good :flame:

Belomar

Part of the furniture
Running a set group is tricky and can be frustrating, but it can also be highly rewarding when things do work out. I'd write a "set group 101" after my recent experiences with this, but this will have to be a future project. ;)

BlackrazoR

Fledgling Freddie
In my recent experience the only way to go is to join the random groups which form, not only from yelling LFG at CS/Snow but from asking people you know run in random groups regularly.

Although Eggy is entirely correct to say you can just start your own group - main problem will be finding clerics but once you get one or two you trust you'll be able to make a semi-set-group with a similar foundation most of the time. This is probably the best you can manage these days as very very few set-groups actually run on Albion.

Eeben

Fledgling Freddie
i know i can join pugs but thats not what i want still :) would like to have a grp to play with a few times a week an dont have to play with random ppl every time i login because set grps > pug's imo :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom