Any GM's who can enlighten me.

Bahumat

FH is my second home
I play on Camlann the PvP server, the recent patch is screwing servent necro's (i dont have 1 so its not a whine about that nerf)

basically you cant do scroll farming with a small group unless your an insomniac (3am farming)as ppl pk you all bloody day.

the other thing is not everyone has a mincer/mentalist neither so without a salmander it takes a while to kill purple mobs.

when i look in housing on RvR i see hundred of scrolls/arte's where ppl farm them and sell them. as they do this oftyen the prices are not too bad considering you can earn alot of money on rvr

pvp however its hard to stay rich and when you see 4 Feathered wraps in housing 2 of which are for sale (2 with unset prices) at 30+plat it kinda screws you over, not everyone is ml10 neither so you cant go in the magical dungeons and farm till the cows come home.

Can someone speak to whoever it takes and see if they can increase the drop rate of the scroll's....preferebly the 3o3's?

with the recent loss of players to wow as well their is pretty much sod all in housing.

Certain arte's need to respawn faster too. even if you get to see something like cloudsong up you have to go near a town etc so a pk group wipes you. (ok ebon hide is not a artefact but a fg kills you every time you go back to trevor you kinda lose 100-200 gold doing so)

I dont think the developers or whoever it is realise the state pvp is in financially. the difference in money is insane atm. someone will buy GOV for 50plat. take a common 2:1 transfer....now who owuld pay 100plat for gov...the rich are bascally trading with each other and the lesser fortunate kinda get screwed over.

if anyone else from PvP reads this instead of criticising what i may have wrote please voice your opinions in general. i cant beleieve i am the only 1 annoyed seeing one 3o3 scroll in housing set at 50 plat or something silly.

scorge

Fledgling Freddie
Bloodhunter said:
have you thought of getting a brain ? Oo

:eek7: did no one change your nappy this morning, or are you usual this plesant?

:m00:

Bahumat

FH is my second home
the more ppl you have in a group the greater teh chance someone else will want the arte.

nothing really comes for free does it.

Minau

Loyal Freddie
I dont agree with u, but i see ur point. There is a simple solution tho.
cluster/merge/charcopy with Mordred, both servers have low numbers.
Im sure its possible so the only question is....... why not ?!?

Zenythe

[GOA] English Servers GM
The drop rates on scrolls get adjusted in 1.74 for all server types. Honestly I can't see Mythic making special adjustments for the PvP servers.

IainC

English WAR Community Manager
ToA encounters aren't designed to be soloable. Some of them are by certain classes but it's designed to encourage group play.

Bahumat

FH is my second home
Requiel said:
ToA encounters aren't designed to be soloable. Some of them are by certain classes but it's designed to encourage group play.

you missed out "on RvR servers" at the end of your statement

on PvP you can get your guild to help but everyone is after these scrolls so the more ppl who help the less chance you have of winning the /random 100

9 times out of 10 another guild/group of ppl farming wont allow you to join and even if they do you usually cant roll for the scroll's.

i was farming with a cleric, my paladin and a reaver. we could kill the mobs but it takes time.

what you said here is wrong!
Requiel said:
Some of them are by certain classes but it's designed to encourage group play.

so that means for me to farm i have to lvl a mincer/mentalist to 50 so i can charm salamanders or what i can do is lvl a necro to 50 then spec it death servent oh yeah and get my char with FOP who can also buff+heal. /sarcasm off

even if i find these ppl in the guild i still have to get them to help me farm.

Belomar

Part of the furniture
Your arguments are hollow, I still don't see what's so special about the PvP servers. On both PvP and RvR servers, there is just as much a chance that other members of your group will want a specific artifact, drop or scroll as yourself. Camlann is not special in this way. Take the advice from others posting in this thread and get yourself a group or (preferably) a guild of friends that are unselfish enough to help you (and that you help in turn, naturally). The only difference I see from the RvR servers is that the atmosphere on Camlann is a lot more harsh (in my experience, of course).

Just because you play on the PvP server (by your own choice, incidentally) does not mean that you are exempt from the socializing aspects of an MMORPG.

Jaem-

Can't get enough of FH
I personaly don't see anything wrong in it... Its a PvP server... Expect to be PK'd, not like its a safe zone like other servers.

My advice wouild be, if your in need for xxxx item(s), make some reliable friends, form a strong group and farm scrolls/encounters until all have.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Bahumat said:
on PvP you can get your guild to help but everyone is after these scrolls so the more ppl who help the less chance you have of winning the /random 100

on RvR servers everyone is happy and fluffy and gladly gives up their time for someone else to get an artifact...

oh wait no they /random 100 too, wow! shock! horror!

Formash

Fledgling Freddie
Bahumat said:
you missed out "on RvR servers" at the end of your statement

9 times out of 10 another guild/group of ppl farming wont allow you to join and even if they do you usually cant roll for the scroll's.

i was farming with a cleric, my paladin and a reaver. we could kill the mobs but it takes time.

what you said here is wrong!

so that means for me to farm i have to lvl a mincer/mentalist to 50 so i can charm salamanders or what i can do is lvl a necro to 50 then spec it death servent oh yeah and get my char with FOP who can also buff+heal. /sarcasm off

even if i find these ppl in the guild i still have to get them to help me farm.

Very selfish attitude imo.

I've played the game in a vain attempt to offer my services where i can, and if i get something out of it, thats a bonus. My template took a backseat, as i liked helping others. OFC, i always rolled /random whenever i could, maybe you should do the same.

Kicks

Fledgling Freddie
Formash said:
Very selfish attitude imo.

I've played the game in a vain attempt to offer my services where i can, and if i get something out of it, thats a bonus. My template took a backseat, as i liked helping others. OFC, i always rolled /random whenever i could, maybe you should do the same.

I can see where Bahu's coming from tbh, it is ALOT harder to get Arti's and any scrolls that drop from set mobs. If anyone else other than u spots an encounter up you're gonna die.

SoM is a good example, plenty of 3-4 way grp fights while trying that one if anyone spots it up.

Unless you've got a decent sized guild you can forget any of the popular Arti's cos no1 outside guild, unless you got good friends, will help you (unlikely anyway). But that is the life we have chosen and it can result in some fantastic pvp fights especially when a french guild wants the enounter and keep coming back :)

No point offering help to others outside of guild since you just help them become stronger nme's.

LawBringer

Fledgling Freddie
Only good thing abput Cam is if some idiot is camping an arti, you just kil them, if someone tries to nick your drop - you kill them :)

Unfreindly place Camlann - at the best of times and no surprise that this server has suffered the biggest population drop - PvP does seem to be better implemented on WoW with safe areas, not a Cam expert but I believe only Capital cities are safe - I have tried to play on Cam but rolling a 20 you just get PKd till your char has zero con, no cash so you cant visit a healer :) PLay RvR I suggest, although arti camping/stealing - so different problems for each server type, not supposed to be easy or everyone would have every arti negating the advantage of having them :)

Belomar

Part of the furniture
LawBringer said:
Unfreindly place Camlann - at the best of times and no surprise that this server has suffered the biggest population drop - PvP does seem to be better implemented on WoW with safe areas
WoW PvP is the same as DAoC RvR, i.e. you still cannot kill members of your own faction. To my knowledge, there is no equivalent to the FFA PvP of the DAoC PvP servers in WoW?

Bahumat

FH is my second home
LawBringer said:
PLay RvR I suggest

i only play rvr if i fancy playing my stealther or going thid. i have played more groupable chars at 50 on rvr but found even though i joined a few good guilds it was hard to get in their "set groups".

Elitestoner said:
any gms who can enlighten me to as why u are such a whining idiot?

Ah yeah cause having an opinion which some people may not agree with makes me an idiot.

Kicks

Fledgling Freddie
LawBringer said:
Only good thing abput Cam is if some idiot is camping an arti, you just kil them, if someone tries to nick your drop - you kill them :)

Unfreindly place Camlann - at the best of times and no surprise that this server has suffered the biggest population drop - PvP does seem to be better implemented on WoW with safe areas, not a Cam expert but I believe only Capital cities are safe - I have tried to play on Cam but rolling a 20 you just get PKd till your char has zero con, no cash so you cant visit a healer :)

The problem is that the guy you just killed camping the arti is gonna come back, usually with guild, and kill u :).

As far as I can tell Camlann as actually had fewer ppl (in %age terms) leave than the normal rvr servers, just we started on a lower number of ppl than the other servers. Prydwen seems worst hit tbh.

It is true only the captial cities are safe. A lvl 20 toon is bottom of the food chain and should expect to be fodder, especially with /level gear. The solution is to pve a couple of levels then try to pvp again when you have a little cash and some drops. In fact a better solution is roll a necro for drops and cash and pvp your main up.

Bahumat

FH is my second home
the thing i hate about ppl who say "i tried pvp and died alot and had crap gear etc etc pvp is shit"

would you make a /20 with free armour without a bb on thid?
when i go on thid everyone (99% at least) are lvl 24 and about 50% have a bb.

if you go on a server with nothing you should expect to die alot.

gervaise

Fledgling Freddie
^^^^
Correct. WoW PvP willhave nothing like Camlan. TFor an equivalent you have to look at games which are designed around PvP 100%. Lineage2 is the most recent - but not the only - such game. Whilst these games allow 'unrestricted' PvP they usually have some constraining features to make ganking newbies undesireable. Whether they work or not is another matter; the point here being that they attempt to level theplaying field. DAoC is not designed around PvP 100%, it has no such constraints. Consequently unrestricted Camlan style PvP is always going to be uncomfortable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom