Any GM who can throw some light on this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gravediggah

Fledgling Freddie
I been playing on EU daoc servers for 2 years or something, From start i played from beta on US-Merlin server.

I have read over and over and more over here about "omg lost my account!!!!, Im so hacked i dont know wth do to and so on.

What is the GoA policy on trading/buy/sell accounts?

I do know on US you are allowed to so called ebay and so the "Account" Not items,money etc.But the account with its belongings

Maybe you can on EU aswell not sure sence i have not read it, Just remember Sanya on herald stated it once. However the EU servers has the most terrible secure system mankind has ever seen.

From all the so called "hackings" i have read about here and other places im sure 99% are trades and they got scammed OR traded and after a while got unhappy and email GoA to reclaim the account.

Now i wonder WHY?!?!?!?! Does not GoA have as simple as mythic has on US servers a secret word "A word the creater has given the account only he knows it NONE else"

I mean it is so bloody simple, If you dont have the correct secret word for the account you are NOT owner end of story.

Instead GoA uses very complicated crap, It takes long to decide who is owner, Must send in cdkeys, must this,must that still it takes months for you to come up to anything.

Several buyer/traders/sellers gets scammed off cause they send in a mail it actually proves nothing what so ever, I know ppl have done trades for good accounts then reclaim there own again and they have 2 accounts.

Pls slam this with a sledge hammer in to whoever that is in charge of it, So once and for all everyone can get rid of these types of scams, They are very hard on US but also fair you have the accountname+secret word you are owner not someone else no matter what they say. There are no "oh wait we must investigate this and it will take 2 months for us to decide who is who" pure bull i say.

You develop the game durring 3 years i think sometime this century ur subscription/account security must improve aswell

Or what do others think would this not be better?

eggy

Fledgling Freddie
Gravediggah said:
Several buyer/traders/sellers gets scammed off cause they send in a mail it actually proves nothing what so ever, I know ppl have done trades for good accounts then reclaim there own again and they have 2 accounts.

Buying/Trading/Selling account is against the COC therefore GOA don't have to do anything if you get scammed while trading.

Gravediggah

Fledgling Freddie
eggy said:
Buying/Trading/Selling account is against the COC therefore GOA don't have to do anything if you get scammed while trading.

Agree eggy , But you see that is problem they do act, they give the orginal owner hes account back "not always maybe" but from the cases i know, And these accounts were not hacked at all.

a secret word that is created with account would solve this permanent.

Dident know about there special COC, find it weird its not allowed here but are on US same game afterall...

eggy

Fledgling Freddie
I don't quite get what you mean.

Do you mean:

Player A buys account

Player A trades/sells to Player B

Player A emails GOA to get account back

Player A gets account back

Player B is now "scammed"

Right?

If so, tough shit. Don't trade.

Tilda

All that would happen with a secret word would be people would trade them too. So goa are back to square 1 and having to ask people to mail them CD Keys.

The advantage of using postal CD keys rather than a secret word is that the inconvenience factor discourages people from trading accounts and just telling goa their secret word to scam someone. If someone wants to scam someone this way, they gotta post in keys and CC bills etc, which = mega hastle.

Gravediggah

Fledgling Freddie
eggy said:
I don't quite get what you mean.

Do you mean:

Player A buys account

Player A trades/sells to Player B

Player A emails GOA to get account back

Player A gets account back

Player B is now "scammed"

Right?

If so, tough shit. Don't trade.

Yes correct, I know you can say dont trade but that is so easy.

ppl commit murder too and that is not suppose to happend either.

Anyways i see on facts ppl DO trade does not matter if GoA has there own virtual law, ppl still do and the fact that US account you are allowed to trade/sell/buy legal.

I mean it is same game, I have not lost any account but imagine if you now do get hacked.

"you make 1 phonecall state accountname,your name,secret word thing you get your account back.

Instead you must email them, takes like a week before they reply. After that account gets closed, after another week you get a new "to many owners state to claim this account" you send to france letter with cdkeys etc more weeks goes past.

I think ppl deserv better service, to say it would benefit the scammers i dont buy they have always used this on US, It works very well from what i know GoA has like no support a rightnow feature that i consider bull.

Sure you can say/think it is great but afterall how mutch work do you really think they put in to that sort of stuff? Personally i can think they get tons of OMG I BEEN HACKED.

And as i see it only the scammer can benefit from it, I speak of justice.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
if you sell your account, buy a new account or share your account you are no longer entitled to support.

Simple as that.

If you buy an account get scammed: IT'S TOUGH SHIT!
Simple answer: DON'T BUY ACCOUNTS.

Now if you're saying GOA should make account trading legal then say that.

Personally I think it'd be crap.

eggy

Fledgling Freddie
Flimgoblin said:
if you sell your account, buy a new account or share your account you are no longer entitled to support.

Simple as that.

If you buy an account get scammed: IT'S TOUGH SHIT!
Simple answer: DON'T BUY ACCOUNTS.

Summed it up perfectly.

Pohjan Poika

Fledgling Freddie
Tilda said:
All that would happen with a secret word would be people would trade them too. So goa are back to square 1 and having to ask people to mail them CD Keys.

The advantage of using postal CD keys rather than a secret word is that the inconvenience factor discourages people from trading accounts and just telling goa their secret word to scam someone. If someone wants to scam someone this way, they gotta post in keys and CC bills etc, which = mega hastle.

let the buyer of the cd make the SW and then let it be traded ONCE, and the new owner can change the SW to whatever he likes. after that if the account is traded it will go directly to the person changing the SW, thru mail/name/cd-key - or even easier just ban the account if it changes owner and there is scam accusations or so.

by having the SW and the possibilty to change SW will give more safe trades - if it waas allowed by the CoC // EULA. and imo let the ppl that are boored with their chars/Server trade so they keep playing, since tbh... your loosing player base by the day (sure the un-happy pvper that went wow are coming back, but for HOW long???)

Awarkle

Fledgling Freddie
I support goas view on traded accounts and people who buy traded accounts are asking for what ever problems goes with that account.

For instance if you bought a rr5 lvl 50 sorc and you didnt know that before that person left they had scammed loot borrowed money anoyed or abused people in the game. Then you come along and get a lot of agro from a lot of people is that somthing you really want in a mmorpg ?

I suppose the only thing that would interest me into buying a second hand account is if it was /level activated.

It just seems a waste of time if your going to play an online game to get someone to do all the work for you. Seems like a total waste of money.

IainC

English WAR Community Manager
You aren't allowed to trade accounts. Yes we know it happens.
If someone claims they have been hacked and someone else has control of the account (which should only be possible if they had the subs passwords and access to the original email address), we ask both parties to prove that they own the account. If someone can then it's theirs. If both can then we usually shut the account down as it's clearly been traded and is now totally insecure.

There is no way we will support trading accounts. If you get 'hacked' and our investigation shows that you have traded/shared your account, you'll get very little sympathy from us. If you buy an account and the original owner wants it back, he'll get it back.

Gravediggah

Fledgling Freddie
Flimgoblin said:
letting people buy accounts won't get them any more players.

Sence we dont have any numbers on that you are just guessing, However i do know my self included i had 3 US accounts i sold the guy who bought them still has them active meaning atleast from me i handed them a new guy who pays for them.

Overall it is just to take a look on ebay and see how many accounts there are.Personally i dont play daoc uhm very mutch now once a week maybe. But after i played so long as i have there is no way i would consider lvl from scratch get toa artis,ml's etc.

The fact that GoA hands the accounts back as Requiel stated below, I dont consider as a good solution.

Siac

Fledgling Freddie
If GoA supported account trading... (see "selling plats")

Artis camped by groups of people pl'ing account to sell.

... whoopy. :(

Gravediggah

Fledgling Freddie
Siac said:
If GoA supported account trading... (see "selling plats")

Artis camped by groups of people pl'ing account to sell.

... whoopy. :(

You miss the point GoA should absolutly not take any stand to support account trading.But as it is now the only person loosing on a trade/buy is the guy that is not orginal owner.2nd plat,items never has/will be allowed it is not allowed on US either, Only the account as 1 not splitted up in parts.

My point is they should have a more secure system, So if they now trade/sell there account it is really gone and no way they can get it back, trade/sell is against the CoC "GoA virtual law" i find it weird only 1 guy gets punished.

If you steal do economy crimes etc and i help you, You wont be the only one getting nailed i would too.

This might also make ppl to sell/trade less sence now they know once they done it account is gone from them forever and not like now they do it and email GoA and get it back. Perhaps that is why so many actually do it cuz it is so easy to get it back.

eggy

Fledgling Freddie
Gravediggah said:
But as it is now the only person loosing on a trade/buy is the guy that is not orginal owner.

The way it SHOULD be.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
So your point is GOA should go out of their way to put in measures to PROTECT PEOPLE WHO ARE BREAKING THEIR RULES?

Good plan, I think Nike should give out compensation to people that buy fake shoes at dodgy bootleg markets

or if you buy a pirate DVD that's not up to scratch the producers of the original film should give you a new one ...

good plan that man!

Gravediggah

Fledgling Freddie
Flimgoblin said:
So your point is GOA should go out of their way to put in measures to PROTECT PEOPLE WHO ARE BREAKING THEIR RULES?

Good plan, I think Nike should give out compensation to people that buy fake shoes at dodgy bootleg markets

or if you buy a pirate DVD that's not up to scratch the producers of the original film should give you a new one ...

good plan that man!

You dont understand or do you just act silly?

The things you mention are really fuckedup, If YOU and another guy break the law sure as hell you wont be the only one charged.

The way you put it would be like i sell my car and claim it stolen police get it back for me.

And as you say protect the ppl breaking THERE rules ,define that so you mean only the buyer is breaking THERE rules? Unless you missed some reading it takes 2 ppl to tango.

The fact that ppl claim they been hacked i mean it is a load of dog poh, The myth about hotmail hacks etc lol...You are aware that it only is that aswell?

It is not about "protect" part A or part B, The thing that i stated about ppl sell/trade then reclaim is more like it is now. From my own point of view i could not care less if they deleted all accounts who get in troubble with issue's like that.

As it is now, like i said above only guy benefit from it is the orginal owner"Like eggy said like it should be", So he aint breaking the CoC then? Same as you can download a movie if it is in 2 parts, you aint allowed to share warez makes sence?

However if they now do trade, they will also suffer for it by not be able to reclaim the account.

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
doesn't matter shit what you're saying

account buying/trading is illegal and you shouldn't do it, you have no right to support/respect/anything if you do so anyway and get scammed

kiliarien

Part of the furniture
You seem to have too much time to argue about an insignificant point. Trading acc's is illegal by CoC, if you really are stupid enough to buy acc's without knowing the obvious (and probably inevitable) consequences, then that's it.

It has already been stated clearly - why should GoA help those who are breaking their rules? Hope all the muppet acc buyers get what they deserve: play the fooking game properly.....

Aonmeamna

Fledgling Freddie
It's not illegal to sell your account, it's against the code of conduct.

Now what is illegal is selling it then reclaiming it. That is breach of contract, and fraud, for which the defrauded party can take action. Though the only thing he would be able to do is get his money back, GOA are under no obligation to permit the transfer.

Jika

Fledgling Freddie
Requiel said:
You aren't allowed to trade accounts. Yes we know it happens.
If someone claims they have been hacked and someone else has control of the account (which should only be possible if they had the subs passwords and access to the original email address), we ask both parties to prove that they own the account. If someone can then it's theirs. If both can then we usually shut the account down as it's clearly been traded and is now totally insecure.

haha, such bs .. u never asked me to prove if Freddina was my acc .. caus I do have all cdkeys and stuff u need .. u just perma banned it .. 10 pts to goa

Gravediggah

Fledgling Freddie
kiliarien said:
You seem to have too much time to argue about an insignificant point. Trading acc's is illegal by CoC, if you really are stupid enough to buy acc's without knowing the obvious (and probably inevitable) consequences, then that's it.

It has already been stated clearly - why should GoA help those who are breaking their rules? Hope all the muppet acc buyers get what they deserve: play the fooking game properly.....

Like i said, they do support the sellers sence they can reclaim the account but to sell your account you must break the CoC, The buyer buys it and loose it.

How could he buy it unless the seller broke the CoC?

And it is not about helping ppl, As i said they should take stronger stand torwards ppls account, The fuzzy shit about i been hacked etc is 99.9% bs.

"Hope all the muppet acc buyers get what they deserve" So if someone bought an accout on ebay for ex. Who the fuck broke the CoC? seller right? so why the f does he deserv to get it back then?

kiliarien

Part of the furniture
Aonmeamna said:
It's not illegal to sell your account, it's against the code of conduct.

Now what is illegal is selling it then reclaiming it. That is breach of contract, and fraud, for which the defrauded party can take action. Though the only thing he would be able to do is get his money back, GOA are under no obligation to permit the transfer.

I said illegal by coc - not illegal by real life laws, you grasped the point I was making without needing to attempt to sound impressive with legal technicalities.

Gravediggah, you opened this thread, have posted numerous times and yet fail to even comprehend what people are saying. Yes it is illegal for sellers too - I said trading accounts was 'illegal' (that better for you now it's in inverted commas Aonmeamna?), not just buying them, but selling them too. However GoA do protect the seller, realistically nothing can be done about that. Imo, Caveat Emptor :eek7:

Lethul

FH is my second home
Jika said:
haha, such bs .. u never asked me to prove if Freddina was my acc .. caus I do have all cdkeys and stuff u need .. u just perma banned it .. 10 pts to goa

i think its time to start a Requiel_bs.txt, its startign to get a lot of it now :cheers:

Aonmeamna

Fledgling Freddie
kiliarien said:
I said illegal by coc - not illegal by real life laws, you grasped the point I was making without needing to attempt to sound impressive with legal technicalities.

Gravediggah, you opened this thread, have posted numerous times and yet fail to even comprehend what people are saying. Yes it is illegal for sellers too - I said trading accounts was 'illegal' (that better for you now it's in inverted commas Aonmeamna?), not just buying them, but selling them too. However GoA do protect the seller, realistically nothing can be done about that. Imo, Caveat Emptor :eek7:

No need for hostility kiliarien. For those people arguing what would GOA do to protect one party or the other. The player who is the original owner has GOA to protect them, the player who though he bought it has the law to protect them.

lairiodd

Loyal Freddie
Gravediggah said:
The things you mention are really fuckedup, If YOU and another guy break the law sure as hell you wont be the only one charged.

That is not necessarily true. Often the one who is punished is the one who is easiest to be punished. For example, say you break copyright and sell a CD to 1000 other people. Will the police go after you or try to track down the 1000 other people ? In fact, in alot of crimes the police will tend to concentrate on the distributors/providers rather than the users as there is generally alot less distributors/providers than users.

The point is that to make account trades difficult, they just have to not enforce the transfer. If you know you cannot truely gain control of an account when you buy it, then there would be less account trades.

There is an alternative arguement that legalising things that are going to happen anyway gives you some control of the process. If GOA allowed account trades, they gain some control over the process.

They could add rules that try to prevent farm accounts while allowing people to trade their account when they decide to stop playing or something. They could put in a rule that prevents accounts that have less than say 10 days played from being trades ... though that would be easily abused. Another thing that would be nice would be that they could make it so that trades account are marked in some way so that people don't mistake them for the old player. Things like requiring that all chars on the account be renamed or maybe just giving a notice when you click on a char or have the name when you /send them a different colour. It also has the advantage that Goa gain some money out of the process.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom