Any game like original DAoC?

Rhesus_Minus

Fledgling Freddie
I´ve been testing a few othere mmorpgs the last 6 months and I wonder if anyone has any knowledge of a game that would be a bit like DAoC was in the beginning?
I mean, pre-RA, pre-Toa
I´ve tried Horizons but didnt like it.
Lineage2 is quite different but seems to be an intresting concept

Daedalus

Can't get enough of FH
Does it need to be in an Arthurian setting? Otherwise, take a look at Neocron or something (played it during the beta days, it was fun. Sort of).

Baldanah

Fledgling Freddie
Saga of Ryzom looks like it could be a good one , although its still in closed beta atm .

gervaise

Fledgling Freddie
Lineage2 went live in Korea, current numbers (6 months on) are 110,000. Open beta currently in Japan and Taiwan at the moment. Closed beta has just started in the US (a GoA type language translation type beta test essentially). Open beta to come in the US. Game has solo, some serious PvE and PvP+ (guilds owning castles, economics etc). Will it work, will it interest DAoC players well the commercial release is April 27th so this is one we will know about soon. Now being advertised in gaming magazines. (www.lineage2.com)

Dragon Empires, currently in 'beta 0.5' (server stress testing) has a chance with its basic design to take PvP to 'the next level' as well with politics, alliances, realm management, economics etc. Guilds able to control cities. Not out yet so whether it pulls it off will not be known until c. autumn04. UK servers with some US planned if I remember rightly. (www.dragonempires.com)

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
gervaise said:
Dragon Empires, currently in 'beta 0.5' (server stress testing) has a chance with its basic design to take PvP to 'the next level' as well with politics, alliances, realm management, economics etc. Guilds able to control cities. Not out yet so whether it pulls it off will not be known until c. autumn04. UK servers with some US planned if I remember rightly. (www.dragonempires.com)
DE looks great, but after a year of their inane spam in my email box saying "noo bet for j00" Ill pass on it.

Ryzom looks nice, great gfx but is still lacking in content, both game play and imagination there. However it has potential, but left too long and its release will clash with WoW, DE and a few others in the pipeline. Wish is another example of up and coming.

However, its gonna be hard to find an original DAoC, 1.38 -1.42 was fun, DF, SI and ToA needed to happen to keep the player base up to scratch, shame they dont learn from the past, and move things back to when we felt there was more balance in the game than there ever will be again.

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
Oh, and dont touch Shadowbane with a 50ft barge pole, it blows more than a 5 dolla hooker.

www.mmorpg.net for more games like daoc.

Teh FnoRd

Fledgling Freddie
www.mmorpg.com is better imo.
And I'm keeping a close eye on Dark Fall. Looks like it can be real good. Like most tho, but I really like the world setting, races etc. :D

Pogel

Fledgling Freddie
MY hopes are still on DE as it looks to be doing something interesting with PvP. Lineage 2 might be worth a look too.

Jaem-

Can't get enough of FH
I don't know about anything that will be as close to orginal DAoC, but I'm hoping Dark and Light will be very fun.

The Dev's actualy seem to listen and try out what people surgest, pretty fast.

http://www.darkandlight.com/

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom