Any fellow albs waiting for a beta invite to SWG?

S

Silver180

Just wondering, as i just got accepted and i SHOULD be getting a buddy key soon that i can give to any one i like. Just seeing how much interest there is with my fellow albs?

R

Restart

Originally posted by Tilda
me too, :D
also gif ftp to download files :(

You can't download it have to pay like £30 for Sony to send the cd's to you afaik

O

old.LandShark

Yep
$6 to join the beta.
Then shipping and handling... which is $31 for anyone in britain.
I've heard that you get the CDkey (after paying your $6) e-mailed to you, so if someone hosts the files on an ftp (which is against SOE EULA fyi) you might be able to d/l em.

R

ReaLX

It's just bullshit to pay 30 euros for some beta files imo.... But I wasn't invited in the first place so I don't really care, i'll wait for the open beta...

And tbh, i've seen a lot of screenshots already and I don't really like it :(

Still awaiting WoW here...

A

alithiel50

If I'm given a beta invite, I won't be taking it up....

No interest in Science fiction based RPG's at all. Laser guns are boring, I'd much rather have a sword to hack people to bits with! ;)

R

Rollie_David

i got beta invitation and saw the $31 charge and just closed my email, no chance im paying $31 for a beta game.

T

Tilda

i have a beta invite, if someone wants to split the charges (£31) PM me, thenwe both get a pass and a CD :D

B

blademistress

Weeeell.. if anyone don't want their buddy key, send me a pm here or ingame ;)

ps. i got cash! :D(not much, but some)

M

MrGrumpie

I'm in SWG beta, I downloaded the patch client from the net, hey presto it did it all from there.

S

Skaven

Aye, a friend gave me his buddy cd. Still very buggy game atm.

A

aceac

Originally posted by Restart
You can't download it have to pay like £30 for Sony to send the cd's to you afaik

in your email from Sony is the link to download the patcher you then proceed to download a almost 2 Gig pile of patches :) the person u give buddy key to dont have to pay a penny oh and when u get the cd's you still have to download 500 megs of patches :D

T

temoedjin

Iam also waiting for a beat invite if anyone wants to get rid of his...iam very much interested;)

B

Bellona

hell no!

Id rather run around with my little stick or sword..

spaceships are no fun.. PEOPLE DIE THERE!

A

Ambulance

Has beta and spare account :D

and just how interested are you ? ;)

and yes its buggy atm and lag/server downtime a little annoying...mmmm but its beta so what do you expect ?

Aye the price of shipping from UPS was abit extreme, so imo just hit the download button and go to bed...

Also you do get to hack stuff to bits with big swords :D

B

belth

Got in to beta... Lucky sods, only $31 for the whole beta... $41 here. Which I've no intention of playing so gave my Sony Station account to a guildie who can get the game shipped for less :)

J

jua-cosmos-jua

i live in usa so it was 10 dalaz here to order. Many bugs for now i install the game and it is unable to load some skin files when i launch it :)

A

Arnor

I like it, the diversity options>daoc by a mile.

worst complaint is that wookies look like something your cat just barfed up and Rick Moranis enlarged :rolleyes:

M

mestoph

will this game, ever get released. It was suppose to be 6th of June in the US, and now thats been moved to the 25th atm. I guess from everything i've heard off people, its still so buggy that this is hopeful.

M

mrjack

Ive been waiting sins the game was announce almost =P but i dont know really, i think il lwait and see how the game turns out first =)) unless i get to play for free ;)

F

flibodob

once you've ordered the disks, you can then download it direct from sony, get the disks sent to a buddy in usa, download the files patch to current version give buddy key to who ever got the disks. anyone that needs a us address to send disks to pm me and i'll give you addresses of a couple of my buds in usa still waiting for invites, it's how i did it and cost for disks was $6 no need for uk postage

O

old.Ramas

will this game, ever get released. It was suppose to be 6th of June in the US, and now thats been moved to the 25th atm

No.

It currently has no release date - and I presume you got this date from a retailer - who is guessing.

Release date history of SWG....

Original press release said 'sometime 2001'.

Once significant devs were onboard they said 'autumn 2002'.

Around the time beta1 (really not beta at all) they said "dec'02 - feb '03".

When actual beta started they said 15th April '03.

In early march they said 'um, don't know, but we won't tell you till we lift the NDA'.

So yes it's delayed a lot - but release dates on amazon don't count.

EDIT: Personally I guess it will be end of august at the earlyest, october at the latest.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom