Any EU players seeing increased item decay rates?

eatsam

Loyal Freddie
Especially artifacts should NEVER wear out imo, it takes so much time getting them, would be ridiculous if they were destroyed by the time Frontiers come out

Nxs

One of Freddy's beloved
Not yet - and i dont intend to, avoiding the artifact items - just getting a sword/shield - being a mins too I can just equip these into a weapon slot and play powersong/abs or tank with a crafted weapon - hardly get hit in a group as main tanks have agro so shield wont loose con - and not using the weapon, just having it equiped in 2H slot, so that shouldnt degrade too.

Another reason to be pleased we are behind the USA in patching.

Nxs

One of Freddy's beloved
Artifacts ARE replacable, so they should decay otherwise it would generate a bad economy, but people should be able to get their artifact to L10 without it loosing all its durability.

[edit]: correction, artifacts arn't replacable, got this wrong.

Javai

Fledgling Freddie
Walked around with my Aten's shield equipped for one afternoon and it lost 1 point of con, resigned it to my backpack now except when bashing demons :(

I did notice my stuff wearing out fast but I put it down to the fact I have bashed a huge amount of mobs for scrolls.

Falcon

Fledgling Freddie
I've been playing since before ToA was released in US and I can honestly say the increased decay rates stuff was the usual VN whine BS.

There was a bug that caused a massive condition hit but the decay rates are EXACTLY the same before and after and artifacts decay the same as any other equal quality item.

As for artifacts being replaceable Nxs, any idea how? and where did you find this out? Everything I've witnessed first hand and seen from Mythic states otherwise. Also someone said they tried destroying one they didn't want and replacing it and were unable to.

Nxs

One of Freddy's beloved
Falcon said:
As for artifacts being replaceable Nxs, any idea how? and where did you find this out? Everything I've witnessed first hand and seen from Mythic states otherwise. Also someone said they tried destroying one they didn't want and replacing it and were unable to.

Guess I got that part wrong :) was reading another post by someone who said you can only ever have one of each artifact.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
i guess once u have completed the quest you can farm the item again and the scrolls and activate a new one etc .?

or ofc buy a second one .. but i might be wrong

Sigurd

Banned
I've been playing in the US servers with TOA - and I've noticed an increase in decay rates. It's true, artifacts should NOT decay at all... people who disagree either don't have any idea just how long it takes to get an artifact activated and to level 10, or have too much money/time on their hands to care.

Nott

Fledgling Freddie
IMO items last way to long in this game. It takes forever to destroy a masterpiece at level 50.

How many items have you people really worn out?

I'd say cut lifespan in half, cause the way it is now you have to be a full time powergamer to get items anywhere near 50%.

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
Necro gear really has gone to pot, 1 hour on my 48 in epic = 3% con loss. I know this was intended but come on, at 50 an epic will be useless after about 20 hours played.

IMO epic and MP should never wear out.

As for my other toons, yes, I have seen my Fenris Fang (MP) drop 2% just doing 7 MLs and a lil exploration, hardly what I call a long time played.

I think things liek epic armour and non-repeatable quests, should be allowed to be repeated once the dur reaches a certain limit of say 50%. Then hand it to an NCP who will let you repeat the quest.

Just a thought.

Serbitar

Fledgling Freddie
old.Whoodoo said:
Then hand it to an NCP who will let you repeat the quest.

To a National Car Park??? ;)

<cough>NPC</cough>

<chuckles>

Morchaoron

Fledgling Freddie
Nott said:
IMO items last way to long in this game. It takes forever to destroy a masterpiece at level 50.

How many items have you people really worn out?

I'd say cut lifespan in half, cause the way it is now you have to be a full time powergamer to get items anywhere near 50%.

its faster then you think, it doesnt seem so bad because when you get your 'ubergear' you are usually 50 and dont have to exp anymore, pve is what really wrecks your gear especially for tanks, but now with ToA you have to go back to these camps with mobs that keep stinging you for crap damage but really drain your con fast...

items last forever in rvr, but when your fighting nonstop (pve) its different...

Ashgen

One of Freddy's beloved
Yes, I was asking about this the other day ...

I managed to get a Prince drop (yes remember them IN DF?) for my Skald and it decayed to 95% after one evening bashing red caps.

I was gob smacked. However, when I repaired it the durability stayed at 100%. Therefore, I am not sure it just decays faster but does not lose durability, or actually the durability does get affected.

Korax

Fledgling Freddie
Me and two guildies has worn out 3 2h hammers on a champ that has been beating on rocks in corus for countless hours. ;)

Serbitar

Fledgling Freddie
durability loss = con repaired + 1 i.e. if your sword drops 5% con you will lose 6% dur when repairing.

Also note that 99% and 100% qual items have an extra hidden 30% dur (i.e. 130 dur when first created) when repairing it takes the dur off this hidden bit first so you won't see an degradation in the durability for a bit.

Morchaoron

Fledgling Freddie
Ashgen said:
I managed to get a Prince drop (yes remember them IN DF?) for my Skald and it decayed to 95% after one evening bashing red caps.

I was gob smacked. However, when I repaired it the durability stayed at 100%. Therefore, I am not sure it just decays faster but does not lose durability, or actually the durability does get affected.

items of high quality start with a dur above 100% its just not listed, you still lose the same amount of dur you just dont see it...

Nott

Fledgling Freddie
Morchaoron said:
its faster then you think, it doesnt seem so bad because when you get your 'ubergear' you are usually 50 and dont have to exp anymore, pve is what really wrecks your gear especially for tanks, but now with ToA you have to go back to these camps with mobs that keep stinging you for crap damage but really drain your con fast...

items last forever in rvr, but when your fighting nonstop (pve) its different...

Its not faster than I think, but iguess what "forever" means varies from player to player :)

Im mainly PvE'er probably 80/20 pve so far ive played, if not more. (If we had a coop server I would be there.)

I remember back when I feared the decaying and first got my epic. I saved epic for rvr, and used a 99% set in pve. Needless to say, when I finally sold my epic it was still 100/100. At level 50 mp-pieces takes alot of hours playing before it gets unusable. ALOT of hours. On my warrior I now use TG-haub, TG-weaps, mp-crafts all the time in pve with no worry anymore. Surely by the time they decay there will be something new to get anyway. I know 99s go alot faster down, but lower qual is so cheap/easy to get you can replace it easy.

So what about leveling up? Well, when leveling a Savage now from level 23-31 I got me a crafted level 35ish armorset when I was 23 (random qual 94-99). Now that I'm 31 the armorset is orange-con, and durability is still in the 60s. IMO that is wrong. It should've been destroyed along time ago. (btw this leveling is solo with and equal leveled shammy so melee'd every single mob those levels).

The slow decaying lessens the need for crafters. The crafting in this game is poorly implemented as it is. This makes it even worse.

Shrug, I don't know, maybe I don't powergame enough :D

Sidenote:
Anybody remember back when the weapon you got at 40-epic was the one you saved for rvr? Back then you could talk about fear of decaying :D

mts

Fledgling Freddie
"funny" thing is, i remember mythic saying how they were gonna implement "artifacts" later in some expansion that would be indestructible. this was way before even si was released so i guess they changed their minds.

living

Fledgling Freddie
If it they couldent break i'd use the items on my lvl 20 alts :>

Esoteric

Fledgling Freddie
In answer to your question yes!

Many of my items which were below 100 dur pre-patch (so I was able to monitor the degrade) rarely got a dur point taken off at a smith or on repair it was unlucky if I did. Post-patch everytime I get something repaired its almost guarunteed to loose 2 dur per 1 point of con. In my humble opinion something has changed and in a negative way regarding the equation of repair/durabilty loss.

It seriously makes me think twice about putting in huge amounts of time to get artifacts and new pieces of kit cause I can well imagine by the time there at a reasonable level they'll die anyway.

Ive heard several things the most consistent being that you can redo artifact quest once the item you were using has died.

But tbh I think if Ive hunted or quested all the nice items levelled them and they then die its probably time to leave for good, the thought of having to go through all this toa stuff again in a short space of time would be a huge put-off.. !

Morchaoron

Fledgling Freddie
Nott said:
Its not faster than I think, but iguess what "forever" means varies from player to player :)

used my spectral soul anchor in rvr only and its on 91% dur now after over 2 million realmpoints

my pve sword on the other hand... i got it after i was 50 and its down to 68% dur now...

(i dunno at what dur MP weapons start, my guess is at 115-120% since you can repair it alot without losing dur so if i used my anchor for pve aswell it would be almost gone now....)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom