Any english servers out there?

Cirandi

One of Freddy's beloved
I almost can't believe i'm writing this. Or rather, that i feel i need to write it.

Is there an "unofficial" english server out there? Every server i've tried so far seem to be an "unofficial" server for this or that country, and half of the population is non-english speaking or very bad at it and actively discriminating players who doesn't speak their particular language (Just for the record, the servers i've tried are all supposedly english of course, would be rather silly of me to expect the people of the french servers to speak english wouldn't it?).

So far i've had the luck of trying the unoffiacial spanish, dutch, swedish and russian servers... Starting to lose hope here so i cry out to you for recommendations.

PLEASE! Let me know if you play on a server where the majority of the population speak and understand english, and i'd prefer if it wasn't ridden with B-Net Kidz0rz too :)

I'd gladly abandon my main char to go play on another server, it'd be totally worth it.

Lakashnik

Fledgling Freddie
lol. dragonmaw has its fair share of danse germans swedes french norwegian etc but they mostly keep to themselves guild wise (altho i have a few in mine) and all the 1s i have met are very polite and speak english in grps and if they do not understand (it happens) just explain it more clearly.
we also have our share of "kiddies" i say it with " cos its a term used for any1 adult or child who acts like a idiot tbh. i would say we have more than our fair share tbh but knowing mmorpgs i would assmue every server has at least a few of these types.
obvious 1. the begger - usually foudn outside or inside the AH in IF (dunno about on horde soz) who will spam over and over for 10s.... which would take em all of 5mins to get tbh
the naked dancing begger - like above but offers sexual gnome pleasures for money.
The idiots. - very generalised but i would mainly say the 1s who i have been grping with in maraudon lately.... seriously.... its kinda obvious to where some of the quest mobs are going to be and yet when i explain it to them they can not seem to understand. leaves me dragging them around then if i mess up (cos i dont know the exact ways) they blame me for wasting time. grrrr
the lazywhores - people will constantly spam the general chats asking for advice on quests... this is fine except for the fact it always seems to be on the 1s that if they botherd to read through the whole quest in the log it would tell em where/what they are looking for. atm i think its duskwood favourite every 3mins literally i am not kidding. where is svens farm. what am i looking for where is it there.... can they seriously not read this and work it out for themselves?
i mean sure some people genuinly have trouble with quests which i can sympathise alot as some just boggle my mind but its the people who just cannot be bothered to read the quest through and just spam untill they get help that annoy the hell out of me which im sorry to say we seem to have alot of.

hmmm..... apart from that its a great server :D

P.S. thank god for the ignore command. makes life so much better.

Cirandi

One of Freddy's beloved
Thanks for your reply Lakashnik :)

I'm not saying i want a server with only brits on it, i'm not even british myself ;) I just want to be able to communicate with a majority of the population without too much hassle. My main is currently on Aggamaggan, the unofficial spanish server (GAH!), and it's often pretty hard to get groups... You see the usual "LFM Gnomereagan" shouts, pm them and get a response like "Que? No Habla Espanol? Que haces en esta serverblabla??" or something.

Lakashnik

Fledgling Freddie
lol. i feel for u.
well im happy where i am, even with the idiots.
maybe cause my guild consists of all my old mates from daoc and other games as well as new peeps have met. he he.
anyway dragonmaw is mainly english speaking but we have all nationalities on there it seems so if thats wht ur looking for i do recommend it.
altho i shall mention its PvP as dunno if thats what you are looking for.
feel free to check it out tho. make a char and just play abit and see what ya like of it.
also would offer a guild invite if u do come over. but must warn u our guild do spam alot in chat as we are more heading to the have fun and mess about while playing, side of things rather than hardcore lvling in a rush to do everything/get everything

anyhow i do seem to rant alot without meaning to.
givf a pm in game if u do decide to give it ago.
lakashnik GM for, The Hope of the Alliance (yeah were alliance btw heh)
altho pretty much always sum1 in our guild will be able to invite if im not on... 1 of our members has been kicked out of college for not going enough (since WoW came out rofl poor lad) so hes on almost all the time.

GL in finding a server u like :)

Meduza

One of Freddy's beloved
Sry, but I refuse to say if "my" server is good or bad.

I like being able to login with no secs delay!

;)

Again, sry...

Darksword

Can't get enough of FH
bladefist is full of english people and people from around the continent but all speak english it seems :D ive had a few grps where they speak swedish but then when they find out im english they speak english for me which is very nice of em :) oh and i just say "fina brost" when i dont understand :)

Cirandi

One of Freddy's beloved
Lakashnik said:
but must warn u our guild do spam alot in chat as we are more heading to the have fun and mess about while playing, side of things rather than hardcore lvling in a rush to do everything/get everything

You say that as if that was a bad thing :p

Darksword said:
"Fina Brost"

Yeah, i imagine that would work :D

Anyway, thanks for your replies, nice to see there are people who enjoy the servers, i must've gotten a streak of bad luck i guess... Was actually starting to consider buying catacombs and going back to daoc xD

CurryKnight

Fledgling Freddie
Burning Legion seems to be full of Swedes, good or bad? tbh it doesn't bother me, everyone seems very friendly and I don't really know what nationality people are enless i ask.

Darksword

Can't get enough of FH
there introducing the thing to allow u to move ur char from 1 server to another so u can cahnge soon hopefully :)

Brynn

Can't get enough of FH
aye i know, usually get asked where im from in groups, and i say .uk. Then they say they have to speak english, so i just say "just chat swedish, but if you need me, say something in english :p"

Lakashnik

Fledgling Freddie
mwah ha ha cirandi is mine. fear my new mage minion!! ... errrr i mean my new beloved and valued guildie..... hmmm u didnt see that!

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Brynn said:
aye i know, usually get asked where im from in groups, and i say .uk. Then they say they have to speak english, so i just say "just chat swedish, but if you need me, say something in english :p"

Most understanding player of the year award goes to.....Yeah, you! :p

What's wrong with you for not shouting and screaming that "ffs learn english you meatball loving blondes!!" :D

Behmoth

Fledgling Freddie
Brynn said:
yeah i'm the same if i get a grp and they mutter away in a language i don't know i just type "?" ,most people are friendly enough to say sorry and then carry on in english . you get the odd danish/swedish spanish ect phrase thrown in but i can live with that

Khale

Fledgling Freddie
Most Common Question on Stormscale:

What country are you from?

Most Common Answer(s) on Stormscale:

Sweden / NOT Swedish!

Tzan

Fledgling Freddie
I dont mind them talking english in grps cause I simply dont have to pay attention to what they say... more relaxing :p
but the question (once you get in a grp) "any1 from swe?" is a bit annoying. but I guess they feel more safe if there is a fellow countryman in the grp... right?

Sinnica

Fledgling Freddie
doubt thats the reason, dunno why they ask it at all tbh :p

Pippic

Fledgling Freddie
because then they can speak a language they know better? the reason they ask is to see if theres any english ppl in the grp and if there is most of them are gonna stick to english

p.s. fina brost indeed

pez

Can't get enough of FH
Darksword said:
bladefist is full of english people and people from around the continent but all speak english it seems :D ive had a few grps where they speak swedish but then when they find out im english they speak english for me which is very nice of em :) oh and i just say "fina brost" when i dont understand :)

I'm from Bladefist too and apart from the usual smatterings of jive talking dutchies in general i've come across very little foriegn language. not sure i have so much as seen a word of spanish.

Lothandar

Fledgling Freddie
Meduza said:
Sry, but I refuse to say if "my" server is good or bad.

I like being able to login with no secs delay!

;)

Again, sry...

Mr. braggingmong or why do you bother to reply then?

You have nothing to say (as you have written). Then why write at all?

I am playing on Stormscale and I don't see a problem with the amount of swedes there. Got a ton in my guild as well ><

Keltic

Fledgling Freddie
:eek:

m8 the sad truth is that no mater what server you go on there will always be difernt nationallitys there. Also there more than likely is not going to be a full english peoples only server lol thats like starting a cult and discriminateing aginst evry 1 else.i no what your thinking yeah well they have a french server, sure they do dosent mean theres no english there. So really the best u can do or evan ask for is a server with the least non english speaking individuals or you could try and create a english guild on any server an just invite english speakers etc :cheers:

Rookiescot

Fledgling Freddie
TBH I think its a bit of a shame that people like the Swedes, Spanish, Russians and all the others dont have their own language servers.
After all it cant be easy trying to play a fairly complicated game with lots of text to read if your understanding of the language is compromised.
I take it that the money these people pay to Blizzard is comperable to what the French, German or us English speaking populations pay?
Dont get me wrong. We have all met the odd guy who spams messages in a language we cant understand. You get ignorant people ALL over the world.
But for the most part these people are trying hard to have fun in an enviroment many of whom are finding difficult.
Yes, in /1 chat or the like it probably is reasonable to expect people to talk in the server language.
But they may be asking a question to which they dont know the comparable English words.

For the record....if I do get griefed by someone in a language I dont understand I just insult them in Gaelic.
Then I just run off giggling my ass off.

harm

Fledgling Freddie
I always speak English except within guild or 100% guild group. Still, I have a feeling you have less English speaking players originating from France, Germany and Spain. I especially feel bad about spanish players, which has the second most used langauge in the world, and yet no Spanish server exist. (I don't really envy non-spanish players, playing at an "unofficial" spanish server either.)

tRoG

Fledgling Freddie
A FFXI type translation system would be teh win!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom