Any Dark SMs around?

O

old.Bubble

Dark SM with MoC = god mode (well once it was :p)

Q

Quemine

Started playing my Dark Sm again when the pet intercept came in.. It's quite fun hunting infils when spirit is in the mood!

O

old.Belorfyn

Perhaps reasons why many people don't play Dark SM is about same why many people don't play classes that aren't that wanted in groups.
Dark SM's have not much spot in "well-formed" groups and that kind of RvR. Their mez against targets with determination lasts less than 10 seconds and when nuke power is needed, runemasters nuke better (lifetap isn't use against tank groups, it won't keep anyone alive).

But when someone goes alot in small groups, or solo, Dark SM should prove pretty nice. I think many people have made Dark SM's recently and yet more are planning to respec to those next patch. Probably until recently, they've mostly been unknown to people since Suppression has been the most played spec ever since pbae came in (and people actually made Spiritmasters :)

I was Darkness specced for long, now I've been having rest form RvR as some know and been indeed killing stuff with summoning.

Actually, I'm going to respec next few days so I was planning to go Supp for while and see what it's like. I've never been that before so it will be interesting. I'll also have the patch respec in patch so I can go back to Darkness anytime I start to miss it :)

R

Roo Stercogburn

Was thinking of making a caster group some time ago. Myself and Nico had chatted about having 8 Mystics in the group and just going out for a laugh.

I was half thinking of doing a Dark SM RvR group sometime. Can't help wondering what an assist train of Dark masters would be like. There are teams of these in the US and they seem to have a bit of a giggle.

Probably something like: 4 Dark SMs, Pac Healer, Skald, Warrior, Shaman. Unfortunately over Christmas period I'm not around much so won't be able to get this going probably.

M

~Mobius~

My spiritmaster was dark, back before pbae. I have flashbacks of leveling solo at Yggdra all day. :(

B

BimboBane

i got a 50 dark SM, solely for debuffing mobs for focus killing, works wonders.

K

kjel

Mid Caster Group:
2 Healers (preferable pac, let's face it, having sm's who stick you to death faster with celerity isn't a great idea)
1 shaman (fast buffing after a death in group)
1 skald (speed, duh - remember to LEAVE SPEED ON during fight people can't outrun the pets)
2 suppression spiritmasters + 1 dark spiritmaster / 3 suppression spiritmaster (dark sm is there for spirit debuff spamming)
1 darkcarver runemaster

How to use a caster group:
DO NOT RUN INTO THE ENEMY GROUP TO PBAE. This is a *bad* idea. PBAE only when the bad guys are meleeing your casters so the bad guys either die or go away. Running into the enemy group means their tanks have to do absolutely no walking to stick sharp things into you.
Use /assist on the darkcarver and your dark nukes to quickly kill anything and everyone really really fast.
Healers, put that stun to good use, single preferable, ae if evil, nasty stuff is whacking the caster.
Get MoC and Purge, mmmmmm MoC...
Bring at least 20 power pots at the start of the day, if you don't die horribly in the first 20 seconds of each fight you're probably going to use a power pot.
While caster may be fragile it's usually a Good Idea to send the pets out to interrupt if you're not the one having sharp things stuck into you.

K

kjel

More multi-spamming. Mr/Mrs/Miss Mod clear the evil multiposts away!

J

joraall

Erm you blind or just spamming how you want your group... .:p

A

Ardrias_Mid

Shame few want Darkcarvers in group then, or any runies for that matter :)

J

Jaem

Kiokou is on the darkside, just hard to get groups to carry on exping :/ pbae this pbae that <whines>

S

svenfleet

I've been dark spec'ed seems like forever now, really fun especially hunting stealthers. They can't seem to stop themselves trying to gank a lone caster, can generally last long enough for the SB's grouped with to do their thing. I make a good honey trap ;-)

Although the delve of the lifetap seems quite low in comparison to other classic nukers, test versus a dark RM (Valr) I seem to be only doing 10% less damage. Cast time fully sham buffed is around 1.25 secs measured which aint too shabby.

Moc is still godly, just a shame its on such a long timer. When its up along with purge there isn't much that I fear.

R

Roo Stercogburn

Kjel,

the whole thing about the Darkmaster group was to deliberately do something else than the norm. No arguments about the standard pbae setup, but I wasn't talking about that :)

W

werewolf

does darkness supp mezz last at all i wonder .. is all

R

Roo Stercogburn

The single target mez on the sup line is nearly as good as healer single target mez.

The ae mez on the dark line rarely lasts more than 10-15 secs given the situation with resists, determination and so forth.

A

afrodite_mid

I was dark from the very first beginning when there wasen't so many of us, then when pbae was implemented to us i respecced just to try to rule the world, it was quite fun until all supp wannabes came and suddenly mid was overflooded with SM's so i respecced back to darkness, and i still love it.

D

DaggerElivager

Originally posted by ~Mobius~
My spiritmaster was dark, back before pbae. I have flashbacks of leveling solo at Yggdra all day. :(

oi not solo...u had mystik the summon gimp with you sometimes :D back when i could get rr4 with a lvl32 summon sm :p

Users who are viewing this thread