Any chance of a 'well explained' spec for a ranger....

W

woodsmen

... ive returned after 6 months of hibernation from DAOC and come back to my lvl 24 Ranger.

I've been reading the other posts and there is alot of short-terms I do not understand.

Why not spec bow to 50? why not spec really high path? ...etc and all these styles..etc

Any links information would be awsome

S

Spamb0t

u dont have enough spec points to spec 50bow / high path ;o
if u want stealth atleast.. and be able to kill something.. which u need melee for.

and path buffs r shit anyways.. sadly u need a druid buffbot for buffs to do anything :x

E

Elomiem

my spec:
bow 50 (+14)
pierce 39 (+14)
stealthe 35 (+14)
pf 21 (+3)
cd 11 (+14)

:p

F

Faeldawn

Originally posted by Spamb0t

and path buffs r shit anyways.. sadly u need a druid buffbot for buffs to do anything :x

Sad but true, if you aint got a buffbot you are going to find soloing as a ranger very frustrating atm.

The dmg adder is laughable, the base buffs are worse than basic druid buffs and the speed burst just aint fast enough to save yer ass most of the time (plus it aint worth the points imo).

Points that can be much better spent in CD, stealth and weapon imo.

The max-bow thing is one that i dont fully understand, suffice to say my m8 has 36+14 bow and does comparable damage to my 50+12 bow specced ranger.

As for links, the old critshot website is always handy (www.critshot.com).

F

fianno

my spec ....

50 pierce = highest weaponskill = less dragonfangs
35 bow = hardly any variance on bow dmg that ive noticed
31 cd = because i like it
32 stealth = just
10pf = left over points, cuz its the most worthless spec line in the game (cept maybe for the ickle run shout for chasing people)

A

adari

44 pierce / 29 cd / 40 bow / 34 stealth / 16 pf and 50 nurture

W

woodsmen

Thank you soo much everyone. I now have a clearer image of the Ranger.

-Don't max bow
-Depend on Melee more, higher Peirce & CD
-PF... dont bother.

Thanks for the guide too, it's fantastic.

I never knew how usless PF was untill now. Oh well, learn something new everyday.

Thnx again.

Shep

L

liloe

tbh I'm still hoping for smth new for the PF line so I'm going the following:
- 40 bow
- 37 stealth
- 25 pierce
- 10 CD
- 46 PF

oh and btw...the PF buffs do help me, as I don't want a buffbot

S

Son

Originally posted by liloe
tbh I'm still hoping for smth new for the PF line so I'm going the following:
- 40 bow
- 37 stealth
- 25 pierce
- 10 CD
- 46 PF

oh and btw...the PF buffs do help me, as I don't want a buffbot

Get 50, go RvR with PF buffs and get pwned every single time. Its sad but its true.

L

liloe

well as I said....I will try to do it...when I can find some spare time to lvl...bard is full time job =)

W

woodsmen

I don't have a buff bot... so I need pf?

its currently at 13, and I really don't want to raise it.

L

liloe

no mars...I've never been to RvR with my ranger (well not really) which might be due to the fact that I'm lvl 45 only =)) atm my bard and my druid r much more important =) Bard 4 teh wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiin <voice disappears as he's warping away with his lute>

A

Auriel

A bit of pathfinding is ok, there's a few nice stopping points on spells a buffbot won't give you. 9 (1st speed), 16 (2nd speed) and 21 (1st decent damage add) are good places to stop if you want to keep it low. A set of ghetto buffs is also kinda handy sometimes =)

Another goldmine of ranger info is Kaber and Whyrl Wynd's Ranger Guide, which is also linked to from critshot.com

J

Jaem

I dunno much about rangers yet, but lvling one atm, wanted 27pf, just for the dmg add to boost dmg in melee, also 165% speed shout is really nice on my huntress :)

A

adari

Originally posted by woodsmen
Thank you soo much everyone. I now have a clearer image of the Ranger.

-Don't max bow
-Depend on Melee more, higher Peirce & CD
-PF... dont bother.

Thanks for the guide too, it's fantastic.

I never knew how usless PF was untill now. Oh well, learn something new everyday.

Thnx again.

Shep

the speed chant is nice =P and dmg add helps, even at 16 pf.

S

Spamb0t

Originally posted by adari
the speed chant is nice =P and dmg add helps, even at 16 pf.

cant say the 16pf dmgadd does much really.. like 5 dmg? :x

B

barevoose

Originally posted by Spamb0t
cant say the 16pf dmgadd does much really.. like 5 dmg? :x
think its 30 if i remember back in the days when mmy bg ranger was uncapped

J

Jaem

hmmm well top shammy dmg add does around +25dmg and thats for a +4dps add, so I'd guess ranger would be roughly half that with 16path.

O

old.Alliandre

It depends on the swing speed of your weapon.

S

Spamb0t

also on the range from target.

further away = less dmg from dmgadd = dmgadd for bow is quite shit

and my dmgadd (16path) does about 8-10 in melee and.. well... about same on bow... or maybe 2-30 dmg something.. depending on range from target

A

adari

Originally posted by woodsmen
... ive returned after 6 months of hibernation from DAOC and come back to my lvl 24 Ranger.

I've been reading the other posts and there is alot of short-terms I do not understand.

Why not spec bow to 50? why not spec really high path? ...etc and all these styles..etc

Any links information would be awsome

50 nurt be fine

A

adari

hmm i actually replied to the same thread twice,

who the hell bumped this? :p

D

Demolay

Many ways to play one m8ty I'm all bow the next bloke prob isn't - my job is to shoot anyone waving their arms atm at my low RR :) and basically have a laf - lots of ways Ranger can be used - 2nd grp with volley x 7 and a bard may be interesting - gettin stuck in with melee is good (check Ozrique@RR10) - just have fun however u spec n play him/her/it IMO

Mind u saying that if a Mid farts in my general direction i tend to erm die lol easily ...erm lots but hey I'm pronging mages erm ...sometimes lol!

A

arrakeen

The true is that you are better of speccing high weapon/bow instead of PF and then make friends with other stealthers and beg buffs untill you have lvl'ed you own to 50 :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom