any 6800Gt cards with dual dvi ports?

Yaka

Part of the furniture
been looking for a 6800 with dual dvi port s, but having checked scan.co.uk, overclokers.co.uk and overclock.co.uk i cant seem to see any apart from the ultra versions and the XFX 6800 128mb card (this any good?).

anyone know if there are any dual dvi 6800gt cards about?

Jonty

Fledgling Freddie
Hi Yaka

There should be some dual-DVI 6800 GTs about, I'll have a gander. As for the 6800 non-Ultra, it performs around 70% of the GT. At lower resolutions, performance levels tend to be minimal, but at 1600x1200 the card drops off, especially with antialiasing (AA) and antistrophic filterin (AF) enabled, so the card's not for everyone.

Kind Regards

Jonty

Fledgling Freddie
Hello again

Chaintech's 6800 GT features dual-DVI (though you may have trouble getting them over here), as do AOpen and PNY (not sure, though), it seems.

Be sure to always check the manufacturer's website, as some stores (at least one, anyway) have labelled cards incorrectly as having dual DVI.

Kind Regards

Yaka

Part of the furniture
k thanks alot, seems, i may end up going for an ultra if me budget can be stretched that far

Yaka

Part of the furniture
hmmm @ that aopen link, picciy shows it as having vga/dvi while description says its dvi x2:/ pcworld have em instock at a good price too £303.99

Jonty

Fledgling Freddie
£303 is quite steep for GT, sadly :( The PNY version was (sadly no longer) £265, and Big G's BFG Tech ~£285.

As for that AOpen one, I'm honestly not sure which to believe. I'd probably contact them just to make sure (I'd probably say the specs are true, but you never know).

Hope you get sorted

Tom

I am a FH squatter
piccie

dvi%20thingy.jpg

Tom

I am a FH squatter
You could be right, I can't be bothered looking around the back to check the sexes :)

Yaka

Part of the furniture
ta muchly tom, but using the vga port like still give naff picture and the tft im using:/

Yaka

Part of the furniture
erm gonna defo sound daft this, but i have just got the spiffy new xfx 6800gt card, but slight prob is how the fuck do yer open the box without ruining it?

i normaly like to keep boxes for me gfx card for when i decide to sell it on when i next upgrade.

Danya

Fledgling Freddie
sibanac said:
unless i am verry mistaken that picky is a DVI-> VGA convertor (to make a second VGA connection out of a the DVI port)
Yeah it is, you can't make a DVI-D out of VGA, as VGA ports lack the neccessarily digital signal. Most cards have DVI-I on the back so you can convert that to VGA easily.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom