any 1handed thrust armsmen/paladins

O

old.Kladen

are there any 1handed thrust tanks (exc mercs) that are on prydwen or excalibur?

if you know someone can you post their name here please.

edit: or highlander thrust mercs

M

Moody

I intended to make a pally alt once and decided Saracen 1H thrust. At lvl 5 I hurled my butt to Lord Ulfwych only to find out he didnt give me the option to choose a 1 handed thruster of the initiate :(

I don't know if it was a bug to me only at that time or a more general one. Anyway I deleted her and tried something else.

F

Flimgoblin

they fix that next patch I think... (1.52) so you can go try again :)

O

old.Trine Aquavit

Presumably this relates to the fact that many thrust styles chain off evade, which Armsmen and Pallies don't get? I guess there aren't too many about for this very reason.

D

DocWolfe

my arms will be thrust and sheild, at 1.52, the level 44 style chains off beartooth which is off a block.

M

Moody

Originally posted by Fingoniel
they fix that next patch I think... (1.52) so you can go try again :)

Second problem then Fingo, My slots are full :p I made a merc. :D

F

Flimgoblin

mercs rock :)

guess yer waitin for SI patches for the next 4 slots :)

O

old.Kladen

the level 44 style doesnt chain off beartooth, it chains from tranqulizer (detaunt)

and i just want to ask a 1handed thrust tank because im going to respec as one.

edit: also only one style worth using that chains from evade. and i wont even be able to spec to 50 in a weapon type.

D

DocWolfe

Wyvernfang : Low fatigue cost, Use after successful Beartooth, medium bonus damage, long duration movement reduction, medium bonus to hit

O

old.Kladen

18 Tranquilize M - - M+ Anytime Detaunts Target
44 Wyvernfang L H M - Use After Tranquilize Long Duration Snare

from classes of camelot.

A

Arlone

I'm respeccing my armsman from thrust pole to s/s .. also thinking about thrust (again). Downside is, I 'only' have 170ish dex (still alot for an armsman but not as high as my str of course) and thrust is, as I'm sure you know, based of str/dex.

I belive thrust is still a viable option tho since you get bonus on mid chain and are neutral against scale. There are 2 styles in thrustline that have evade as opening - one lowlevel-style that can be ignored and the famous level 50 style. The other styles have some really interesting effects tho, like beartooth (opening block; target stunned) and the _level 44_ style that chains of this. Also puncture is an easy and quick way to make casters useless for 10-15 sec (bleed) and pierce is great for when targets turn their backs and run from you :)

Cap dex, get Aug dex 2-3 and ask for dex-buffs instead of str and I think a thrust-armsman will be fine. I don't want to go with the flow anyway...

44 thrust
50 shield
3x parry

(I'm currently at 39 thrust, 7+9 shield and 50 polearm and I still use shield/sword alot in RvR because of BT's, PBT's, casters that need guard and so on)

O

old.Kladen

170 dex is good. just get DEX aug X2 and you should be able to hit pretty hard.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom