anti ogc hack measure

C

Ch3tan

This was posted on the hl/cs forums

http://tsc.amatus.austin2600.org/index.html

Its a application like punkbuster to log cheats, its works against the ogc hack.

I doubt this kind of software would be used on the publics after the failure of Pb, but it might be an idea for the league.

Obviously it would need some testing, but it would certainly help.

B

bigfoot

Thx for the link i'll have a look at it.

M

MYstIC G

just goes to show nobody (and I do mean nobody) reads the admins forum..... :(

O

old.crrrazyman

hi i dont know if you use admin mod on you servers because my clan hasnt joined the league "yet" :) but there is an admin mod plugin here that detects these cheats.

and it isnt like the tsc thing which is actually a mod

http://www.adminmod.org/ascript/

Crrrazyman

M

MYstIC G

admins forum aint this forum though m8.....

O

old.Lemming

:sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping::D

O

old.mraargh

so

Any news? Should it be installed?

O

old.nge

anti-cheat

I'm with ch3tan on this one, its a joke enuff as it is playing games in a major league without using any anti-cheat measure. At least force people to make demos if your too scared to use anything else

O

old.Lemming

oh

I'm guessing we're talking about the TSC anti-cheating software. It should most definately go on, I play on Balt servers mainly (little know ones but give me a fairly good ping), and they ahve TSC installed as standard.

The amount of people it catches is quite impressive, but the downpoint is, the cheaters are always a step ahead (within 2 hours of the latest version of TSC being released a hack was released to make OGC undetectable again:() But if it deters people from cheating I'm all for it.

Another problem with this is it appears to catch the odd innocent person too. I don't mean people I've known a long time and get caught, but people who are really, really reeeeeeally crap.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom