Anti-Cheat tools on BW Servers?

• Thread starter old.conc_musashi
  • Start date
O

old.conc_musashi

As I couldn't find any information on the Server pages (maybe just didn't look in the right place?), I'd like to raise the question of Anti-Cheat tools on BW Servers. Even though no single tool will provide 100% security, things like AdminMod and JediNoCheat did show a remarkable performance of detecting cheat-related installed software and remaining stuff on systems and hence identifying potential and active cheaters. I have to admit that playing on servers with probably no cheating-countermeasures at all does make me feel extremely uncomfortable, and I think waiting for Valve to include anything into the 1.1.0.9. release might well see the league being finished by then. What is the official rationale for this?

M

Moön

I think but not sure, this question would get more of a response here in the server forum, because this is bwtfcl and all we do is run the league, Barrysworld supply the servers .

V

vuz

BW have installed the software in question on the CS servers, however it has not been installed on TFC servers due to bugs which have repeatedly been found including:

- parts of maps not loading correctly
- teams not being able to cap

while this is a BW issue rather than a BWTFCL server (as Moon correctly pointed out with link to that other forum) my personal attitude is I think its correct not to install this software with those bugs:

- scenario: two teams play 2fort, tight game, 20 minutes into the map both teams yank out the flag, the first team caps and the second.. the second exchange the flag between each other and repeatedly run over the cap point with the flag - the whole map has to be replayed with each clan pissed off and also aware of the other clans playing style and so on.

Twudn't be a good scenario to meet as a player or an admin.

N

natrat

I belive in subsequent conversations we've had you have changed your mind? Thel ast I've heard from you and the TFCL peeps is that they most definately want it. Please let me know if this is not the case as it's all up and running now.

1Jesta

natrat, vuz's reply was before our conversation last week, please disregard ;p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom