Anti Air Weapons

Utini

Can't get enough of FH
Just one thing:
THEYRE ALL TURD.

EA need a slap into making it possible to shoot down helichopters and planes, instead of just waiting for them to crash. :wij:

Utini

Can't get enough of FH
Shoot the developer, who made the SA-7 wank and didnt bother giving the Americans any AA guns.
Coz i can see so many planes taking several anti aircraft missiles and flying off. Just makes the game dull and all about the aircraft. If we could at least shoot em down it'd be balanced. :kissit:

xane

Fledgling Freddie
Yeah, I was sorely dissappointed having joined a game that I knew was going to be heavy with helos, sitting by the ammo crate taking pot shots, I hardly hit anything !

You can only really shoot the SA-7 at a plane coming towards or away from you, and even then it is often too fast, as for helos even when they hover you can miss.

Also, 3 shots to take down a helo, give me a break, you can pop a Sheridan in one go sometimes !!!

And the Americans _have_ got an AA weapon, its the all-in-wonder uber-gun, the M60, I've tried it and it can take down a helo a treat, certainly easier than a SA-7 can !!!

xane

Fledgling Freddie
Clown said:
Shoot the pilot!

I've done this once !

But when I had a peachy sniper position over the airfield, I was attempting to knock off pilots, but that damn glass is bulletproof, you need to go in the side.

Deadmanwalking

Fledgling Freddie
Utini said:
Shoot the developer, who made the SA-7 wank and didnt bother giving the Americans any AA guns.
Coz i can see so many planes taking several anti aircraft missiles and flying off. Just makes the game dull and all about the aircraft. If we could at least shoot em down it'd be balanced. :kissit:

It started with the M60 and now on to the anti-air weapons.

Why not just give each side exactly the same weapons, would be fair then wouldn't it.....

xane

Fledgling Freddie
Deadmanwalking said:
Why not just give each side exactly the same weapons, would be fair then wouldn't it.....

That'll be boring !

BTW, sorry for trying to shoot you down tonight, the way you dove down at my ZSU-57 gave me a fright !

Utini

Can't get enough of FH
Exactly. The overpowered m60 is a better AA wep than an anti-aircraft missile, how stupid.
It should either be 1 hit to down an aircraft from the SA7, or make it a couple of hits, but have a much bigger range, and home a lot better. (and give it to both sides - or an equiv for the americans)

Utini

Can't get enough of FH
When u say shoot the pilot....does that actually work thru the glass? Ive tried, and failed. Its not possible is it?

xane

Fledgling Freddie
I am saying it does not work thru the glass, as far as I can tell.

Some helos have open sides, you can get a shot through there, I have done this and downed one !

Deadmanwalking

Fledgling Freddie
Utini said:
Exactly. The overpowered m60 is a better AA wep than an anti-aircraft missile, how stupid.
It should either be 1 hit to down an aircraft from the SA7, or make it a couple of hits, but have a much bigger range, and home a lot better. (and give it to both sides - or an equiv for the americans)

Why give it to both sides?

See this is my main point, it's the MMO game mentality. If one side has a weapon that the other lacks, it must be unfair.

The variance is a breath of fresh air for FPS game. Lets not moan about one of the big selling points of this game.

Deadmanwalking

Fledgling Freddie
xane said:
That'll be boring !

BTW, sorry for trying to shoot you down tonight, the way you dove down at my ZSU-57 gave me a fright !

Aye, would the heartattack explain the shit awful aiming? ;)

Utini

Can't get enough of FH
Its a breath of air smelling of poo.
Why give it to both sides? Because its shit being on a team with no anti air weapon, getting mullered all the time at ure spawn, with no way of firing back.
Makes what would be a brilliant game, become boring very quickly after playing it, because of stupid imbalances in teams/weapons.

adams901

Can't get enough of FH
NVA may have heat seeking missles but certain USA planes also have them, to my knowlege (havent flown NVA much) the NVA planes dont have heet seekers. I guess it balances out that way.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
It would be OK if the NVA/VC had SAMs and no helicopters (as in the real war) - then I wouldn't have a problem, but the developers have 'balanced' the aircraft options but not the air defence! And the VC SAMs are crap; the only way the multi-shot kills should be acceptable is if (as in reality) helicopter crews couldn't bail out and had to land the damaged chopper; as it is, a Huey takes a hit and the pilot bails, and probably shoots you with his M60 on the way down. DC showed how it can be done, so why don't they learn? Oh, and why is it you get a rifle with your RPG but feck all with your SAM?

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
Deadmanwalking said:
It started with the M60 and now on to the anti-air weapons.

Agree ! Some maps are not balacend enough... :( :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom