Ant FRIAR is in RvR on Excalibur?

T

Torin

I know, that Cabalist cannot be found ANYWHERE on Europe in RvR (i mean 35+).

But why i have seen only ONE friar??

K

Khalen

Hmmm i've seen dozen of friars... Bedwin, Zeuz, Astrala, Starion, etc.

O

old.Putger

they get more spec points after patch
1.5 instead of 1.0 should help u lot a bit, they look pretty funny =]

would luv to see a blue troll try to attack an alby friar thinking its a mage so he can solo it and then have the alb spank him to death :twak:

O

old.Putger

but u dont have one of ur own :D
dunno if friars are of any use in groups, someone tell me plz =]

D

Danya

They're not bad - basically they have to play careful, deal damage but ot get aggro (as they get owned if they do). Also they can drop out of combat and be a backup healer should the need arise.

W

-Wedge-

I've played with several friars, only a one high level though, Enarion... They are quite fun to watch when they attack and can be quite usefull in and out of battle...

They will never replace a cleric, but can do heals if it's really needed and they can heal in between battles to limit the clerics downtime...

But from what I heard, it doesn't have to be a blue troll, friars can own a yellow in 1-on-1... And if the battle goes wrong, they sprint right out of it and you'll have a hard time catching up with their endurance buff...

As for why I don't have one, I'm too spread out already :p

O

old.Paranoid

Originally posted by Putger
but u dont have one of ur own :D
dunno if friars are of any use in groups, someone tell me plz =]

I do have a friar actually,
He is on prydwen and i dont play him much... around lvl 20-25ish.. cant remember...

But they are great solo classes and good in grps.

P

Pfy

Originally posted by Icy
I've played with several friars, only a one high level though, Enarion... They are quite fun to watch when they attack and can be quite usefull in and out of battle...

They will never replace a cleric, but can do heals if it's really needed and they can heal in between battles to limit the clerics downtime...

But from what I heard, it doesn't have to be a blue troll, friars can own a yellow in 1-on-1... And if the battle goes wrong, they sprint right out of it and you'll have a hard time catching up with their endurance buff...

As for why I don't have one, I'm too spread out already :p

Shame that Vireb bloke sucks arse ;D

C

ceixava

well Wuren is always complaining about "those god damn melee mages" kicking his arse, and him being a spear hero i bet friars hurt too :)

A

Aeiedil

friars :) hate them, love them :D

got killed by one once :) wondered why i barely scracted them ;)

since then ive almost tried 2 in groups before i noticed they were friars :) id love to be one sometime :) maybe on server #3, or maybe i might delete my SB :)

O

old.tRoG

Originally posted by Aeiedil
friars :) hate them, love them :D

got killed by one once :) wondered why i barely scracted them ;)

since then ive almost tried 2 in groups before i noticed they were friars :) id love to be one sometime :) maybe on server #3, or maybe i might delete my SB :)

wow.. serious smiley overdose :)

T

tilde

Friars are the worse averege-class in rp, paladins secons <- be got beaten by the Cabalist :m00: :m00: :m00: :m00: :m00:

A

Addlcove

FECK OFF

had typed a nice long post, and it said to many images.....

friars rock end of story (just spend 10 mins typing a good story)

:(

O

old.mathus 2

There are plenty of us friars out there, ask the trolls and celts who have been on the wrong end of a "friars boon"...

"shit, he isn't a caster.../release"........

That means u KULL mate...:p

Mathus WitchHunter

Lvl 41 Friar (Black-Gryphons)

A

Aeiedil

Mathus... i recognise the name :) you might have been the orange con "caster" that i wanted to take down when i wanted to suicide the other day :) (do yuo play exc?)

A

Addlcove

Aye Aeiedil he is, and we have fought side by side on more than one occation (sp?)

Mathus respect to you mate, you are among the best friars I know, too bad you´re not wearing the same sexy guildcloak as me :p

K

K0nah

I have a lvl16 Friar toy and they do own. He is superman. Yellows die in 2-3hits and most oranges r doable if needed.

Currently with 1x spec points each lvl is a pain tho cos if u want keep Staff at max u can't train anything else... :(

After next patch u will see a Friars true colors im sure.

And I wish any tank foolish enuf to take one on thinking hes a caster the best of luck. You will need it =)

A

Astrala

I have often taken on Orange peeps when they come h-h although we fall very quick to casters 1-1 :(

C

Cuthervaen

Friars

Yeah friars are funny in RvR

You rush them, interrupt them get to melee congratulating urself, whoh this mage didn't have tiem to cast ONCE, he's toast.

Then he what's this silly mage hitting me with his staff, rofl, he su... but it HURTS!!

Dunno how good staff styles are, but it's certainyl a cool class, hope it will get soem boost in latest patches (as opposed to smite clerics hehe)

More balance = more varied classes played = more tactics needed in RvR and more surprise = more fun for everyone. I'd hate to see armies where nearly everyone plays the same char :/

Mythic really got soem work in balancing, nto balancing realms necessarily, but classes in a realm so some are just no put aside and barely ever played liek cabalists, blademasters or spiritmasters.

A

Astrala

Yeah with 1.46 you wont get time to get into melee you'll be dead with a staff up your unmentionables :D

:touch: :twak:

T

thefatfriar

Friars

I have a lvl 29 Friar as an alt (called Deepfat couldn't resist the name) and I find I can out damage tanks of a similar lvl due in part to the money and equipment my character has kindly donated :) Only problem is when we get hit we get hit hard!

I've grouped with Mattus a few times with my main char and his balance between damage dealing and healing would make him welcome in any group keep up the good work m8 :)

The two nice things about a playing a Friar are for me:

1) It's easy to get a group - Using your staff intelligently and not drawing aggro means you are a good damage dealer and if things are looking bad and the main healer is struggling you can chip in and help there too.

2) Variety - As you fuflfill more than one role in any group it's important to watch the minibar to see where you are most needed at any given time which adds to the challenge of the game.

Can't wait til we get our new spec points especially as Deepfat is now getting towards the sort of level when he can start to RvR without dieing in one hit :)

Users who are viewing this thread