another stupid cleric II

O

old.Brutallus

for those little experienced in healing classes I summarized typical healer skills & attributes:

1) heal range is unlimited, you can heal a group memeber even miles away

2) healers do not need line of sight to healed target; can heal someone even behind 10 walls

3) every heal cast is instant

4) because of 3 do not bother if actual instant heal is available (in fact it is reusable after 0,01 sec or less)

5) people playing healers never make mistakes

6) if a healer makes mistake he is an idiot

7) 1 healer easily keeps alive up to 17 people of levels twice higher

8) having full power always ready is top healer duty, so it is not needed to wait for him resting

working on more...

O

old.Rhino-DAoC

Is this common misconseptions which everyone presumes? :)

O

old.Brutallus

ehh... just got frustrated...
having Cleric-crisis

C

cadiva

Urm your first post in this thread was a joke I hope?

Brutallus, I take it your first post was a collection of all the various misconceptions OTHER people have about healers/clerics/shaman etc.

In which case, I support you 100% in your efforts to get the healing classes better understood cos I get so sick of the abuse thrown around if someone decides to melee a six strong purple mob, dies and then expects me to run to the other side of Midgard to rez them.

People wonder why there aren't a lot of healers, well actually, there's plenty of us, we just run around ANON cos we get sick of all the above mentioned shite ;)

A

Alrindel

And never forget, healers are immune to all enemy/mob attacks while they are healing and/or rezzing. So if they refuse to cross half a zone of purple aggro mobs and enemies to come to you, it's because they are lazy.

A

Aeiedil

And it is common sense that all healers can heal when dead, so when that healer heals himself (at 1% hp) instead of you (at 90% hp) then he is just being selfish.

J

Jupitus

I'd strongly recommend some of those goons who criticise healers to roll an infil and take them to PvE groups... you'll quickly learn to appreciate them then.

I dedicate this post to Padre and Vae, along with any other (and there are a great many out there) clerics who have helped li'l ol' me

/salute

O

old.tRoG

and of course healers have a teleport spell which makes them pop at your loc when you give them the send 'res plz'.

O

old.job

Er, here's a tip ...Never dis a healer unless you leavin grp and never comin back, when all of you are dying it's his choice who he heals and who has to die, your recent mouthin off will be at the forefront of his mind...........your xp is in his hands!!!

A

Armolas

Never forget that if you get a healer to leave his group and come half way across the zone, he will of course be delighed to find you back up on your feeet and ready to go, so never bother telling them if you get a res from someone else first.

L

lakih

You forgot that healers can rezz from unlimited distance, instant and without use of mana.

Atleast say thanks when u get a buff or rezz... never forget that healers are players too :)

Support your crafter, they deserve it:clap:

O

old.Gad

Originally posted by Armolas
Never forget that if you get a healer to leave his group and come half way across the zone, he will of course be delighed to find you back up on your feet and ready to go, so never bother telling them if you get a res from someone else first.

That is sooooo true. :rolleyes:

I think nothing of running over a couple of zones to do a rez, but when you get close and ask for more detailed directions and it turns out they have been in the pub for the last 10 minutes waiting for the head on their pint to settle.....

Grrrr.

A

Aeiedil

I'd strongly recommend some of those goons who criticise healers to roll an infil and take them to PvE groups... you'll quickly learn to appreciate them then.

been there done that :p went from druid-> shade

L

listepik

1) ALL healers are automatically fully specced rejuv, and have infinite ammounts of buffs.

2) They are OBLIGATED to obbey your EVERY command.

3) They are generally dumb people, who cant play the game. so spamming them when to heal you, is always a good idea.

4) Healers dont have feelings.

edit:

5) Paper armor classes, are just as easy to keep alive, so do charge off hitting stuff with your stick. the healer WILL have time to heal you.

6) lag, high ping and a bugx0red miniwindow, does not apply for healers

Y

Yelib

not to forget

Dont forget those STUPID healers who let a cloth armour wearer die after a purple mob hit them twice.

Healers should never wait for the mob to take any damage before healing.

(This one has got my goat a little lately ;) )

O

old.Marabeth

If you need to taunt a mob off the stupid healer in a mass brawl where everyone needs healing (why taunt it off, everyone knows healers can solo purples while healing) never back away from the healer taking the mob with you.

Instead wait for the healer to :-

a) heal and get the mob straight back on him, or

b) run clear allowing a tank or two to die since he is too lazy to heal while running.

J

Javai

You forgot

Healers get xp for rezzes so that level 10 in Mithra is going to be happy doing nothing else with her time

O

old.MechaMonkey

Healers must also ensure that ALL party members have 100% health at all times especially during downtime, remember to just ignore those regen buffs and Minstrel heal song that will heal while the rest of the party regens power.

M

madferrit

Remember that in a group, the healer is YOUR personal healer and will heal YOU always, regardless of whatever YOU are fighting or who else is in your group.

If your healer fails to heal you and keep you alive whilst you attack the 14 Purp con trolls single-handedly, feel free to hunt YOUR healer down and stand infront of him and unload as much abuse as you can think of, and within your rights DEMAND (in general chat for all to hear) that he keep you alive in future and how dare he concentrate on the wiz/tank who was trying his best to fry/slice the said 14 trolls that YOU had just engaged, otherwise youll boot him from your group.

And dont accept the excuse that the healer had just used all his mana on your mana sponge ass and had to let the other party members die, because it simply isnt true.

<had a badddddd experience once with a proper muppet>

T

Tagetes

And dont forget that if a mob should ever feel the need to attack a healer, and so take their concentration from the healing - Once that mob moves to someone else there is no spell delay whatsoever, and the healer can continue as normal.

R

Roo Stercogburn

LMAO

You realise this post is wasted on countries that can't understand irony or Alannis Morrisette fans?

:clap:

O

old.LandShark

Another minstrels getting neurotic about having their mezzes broken? Was hunting Cailleach guards last night, ffs, and ppl kept breaking mezz...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom