(another)PL nerf?

Fenderon

Can't get enough of FH
- Fixed an issue where monsters attacked by pets had no knowledge of the pet's controller's group. This should mean that monsters pulled with pets should follow the same rules they would follow if the pet's controller had pulled.

first fop.. now this, or?

it says "attacked by pets", but got to wonder what those wolfs or redcaps will do when you heal the passive pet.. :p

Sulphur

Fledgling Freddie
Now you have to actually work to get to 50? Oh the horror!

dick.

Fenderon

Can't get enough of FH
I actually did work to get to 50, probably spent alot more time it than most others.

The warrior and shammy were played the "old fashiioned way" up to 50.
only SM PLed (and not all levels), and that was after 27 days /played on warrior from 1 to 50.

working on another char now, also levels the non-pl way. :)

Chronictank

FH is my second home
:eek: the agony of having to form a fg!
its not a nerf to pl as ull just get a skald to kite the mobs to u...
if people are too ignorant to work that out they dont deserve the lvls :p

altho screws up some of the easy ways for artis :p
e.g traldors u dont have to get faction by agroing ur pet then talkin to him

Elaih

Fledgling Freddie
Think this is a great change for the spirit of all realms. Coorperative exping in groups was a great way of meeting new realmmates. Hopefully the elitism wont be intruduced in PvE in the same way as RvR are these days.

Fenderon

Can't get enough of FH
Yup I agree.

I notice in /gu how some of the "not-50-yet" characters sometimes struggle to find a group. However I'm sure that people will find away around this.

And it will probably still be some time before we get that patch.. and we dont even know if it affects it yet. (It was not clear from the notes for ME anyway)

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
OK, how does this effect shrooms then? Or does it at all?

I only see this nerfing cabbys, necros (yet again) and SM's, leaving the lag makers of hib alone...or am I wrong?

Belomar

Part of the furniture
So you missed the previous test patch with the mega nerf to Animists and shrooms then, Whoodoo?

Lothandar

Fledgling Freddie
That didn't nerf the effectiveness of shrooms in pve.

People will find ways to pl, I am definitely sure this won't help xping. This just makes it worse. (not only plers use this method to pull massive amount of mobs)

In a young mmorpg where many people are xping, maybe this would've worked, but not here.

Aerendur

Fledgling Freddie
It will still have to be seen how much it will affect the sm pulling. I mean with the pet on passive they dont get hit and thus may still only aggro on the pet.

If not then there will be new ways to pull. Every group will get a 50 thane to AoE pull and survive using engage?

SeeN

Fledgling Freddie
Aerendur said:
It will still have to be seen how much it will affect the sm pulling. I mean with the pet on passive they dont get hit and thus may still only aggro on the pet.

If not then there will be new ways to pull. Every group will get a 50 thane to AoE pull and survive using engage?

Hmmm, isnt it only possible to engage 1 monster at a time?

Marczje

Fledgling Freddie
omg, noooooo :( :( a pl nerf

what next, epic quests no longer available?
:mad:

[NO]Magmatic

Fledgling Freddie
Its not just a PL nerf, if this indeed means that the group gets agro when you send a pet into mobs... Then this indirectly nerfs all people that XP with pet-pulls...

Our entire group went from 1 -> 50 in 3d played with the use of pet pulls, no not PL'ing, just using the pet to pull the mobs and group them nicely together...

But this doesnt affect animists at all, they can still PL the way that they did before this change... Even the HP nerf doesnt affect their PL ability much, they'll just get an AE-buffer near the pets and str/con buff + con buff them... And then the HP isnt really an issue...

I wonder how 'bad' this really is, but its a slap in the face for something thats worked a certain way for over 2 years in daoc...

Elaih

Fledgling Freddie
Lothandar said:
Yeah but mythic fixes it, hurray as this is an 'issue' ~rolls eyes~

It's an issue that helps the arrogance and the greed in the game. I never saw the same spirit before, when sms didn't had their pbae, when you weared your epicarmor with pride, when the abbreviation "fotm" wasn't even invented, when communication between realmmates and friends was the way to level. Aww.. I do miss those days..

emma

Loyal Freddie
[NO]Magmatic said:
Its not just a PL nerf, if this indeed means that the group gets agro when you send a pet into mobs... Then this indirectly nerfs all people that XP with pet-pulls...

Our entire group went from 1 -> 50 in 3d played with the use of pet pulls, no not PL'ing, just using the pet to pull the mobs and group them nicely together...

But this doesnt affect animists at all, they can still PL the way that they did before this change... Even the HP nerf doesnt affect their PL ability much, they'll just get an AE-buffer near the pets and str/con buff + con buff them... And then the HP isnt really an issue...

I wonder how 'bad' this really is, but its a slap in the face for something thats worked a certain way for over 2 years in daoc...
Also take note on the pbae pve change.

Aggro is will no longer be "spread" between the group, but instead the aggro will be generated towards the caster him/herself now just like using a normal DD spell.

This will make pbae pve groups pretty hard to run, specially vs high con mobs.

WiZe^

Can't get enough of FH
Elaih said:
Think this is a great change for the spirit of all realms. Coorperative exping in groups was a great way of meeting new realmmates. Hopefully the elitism wont be intruduced in PvE in the same way as RvR are these days.

said the guy whit have have a SM whit 10 bubs :touch:

Garnet

Fledgling Freddie
WiZe^ said:

So what if he has 10 full exp bubs after 50. Does that make him elite?

Elaih

Fledgling Freddie
WiZe^ said:

ooOO I onced pl:ed my buffbot in lair. But as you can see below, she's sold and deleted. :( Didn't felt much for that char anyways, just because of the pl. The other bubs was gained from ppl borrowing my sm to pl in lair/modernagrav. Thanks for the bubs and the extra income Netcode. :) All my other chars, on the list, are on the same account, so I couldn't impossible pl:ed them with my sm. I can't see why I explain this to a guy who bought a warrior sc set for his skald. Your dd's must be a pain for you when they reflect on pure skin. :)

Lothandar

Fledgling Freddie
Elaih said:
It's an issue that helps the arrogance and the greed in the game. I never saw the same spirit before, when sms didn't had their pbae, when you weared your epicarmor with pride, when the abbreviation "fotm" wasn't even invented, when communication between realmmates and friends was the way to level. Aww.. I do miss those days..

And you think this is gonna fix it? Memoring old times won't bring you onwards. This will just fuck it up even more.

Problem with you 'aww good old days' people (I am playing since 1 month after the release too.)is that you don't realise that the Looking for group button is useless for at least a year now. You think this will help people without a pl char/friend who has a pl char?

Sms not having pbae- Was annoying, not too useful class(I desire a rc runey who can debuff his own nuke towards a pet class with a lifetap dd)But now they are quite good in caster groups.
Mids didn't have end- Also idiotic, glad it is fixed. What did mythic thought when they made hibs have end only?
Epic armor- There's better, why use it?

Pve is LOST in daoc. Why? It is irritating, it is stupid, it is boring, it's repetative, and most of all, takes way too long to get to 50 from 20, let alone getting to 50 from lvl 1, without help/support in the realm from your friends.

Reason there's pl, believe me if lvling was actually fun in daoc pl wouldn't be such a big issue, mythic FAILS to see this, and keeps nerfing pl.

Gl mythic, as long as pling is an ickle bit faster than lvling- people will pl. Why? Listed above.

Buffer

Fledgling Freddie
Lothandar said:
And you think this is gonna fix it? Memoring old times won't bring you onwards. This will just fuck it up even more.

Problem with you 'aww good old days' people (I am playing since 1 month after the release too.)is that you don't realise that the Looking for group button is useless for at least a year now. You think this will help people without a pl char/friend who has a pl char?

Sms not having pbae- Was annoying, not too useful class(I desire a rc runey who can debuff his own nuke towards a pet class with a lifetap dd)But now they are quite good in caster groups.
Mids didn't have end- Also idiotic, glad it is fixed. What did mythic thought when they made hibs have end only?
Epic armor- There's better, why use it?

Pve is LOST in daoc. Why? It is irritating, it is stupid, it is boring, it's repetative, and most of all, takes way too long to get to 50 from 20, let alone getting to 50 from lvl 1, without help/support in the realm from your friends.

Reason there's pl, believe me if lvling was actually fun in daoc pl wouldn't be such a big issue, mythic FAILS to see this, and keeps nerfing pl.

Gl mythic, as long as pling is an ickle bit faster than lvling- people will pl. Why? Listed above.

I have played since beta(credentials established), various characters, all leveled properly, the hard way. The whole point of having todo PVE is to form groups get to know people, guilds are formed, relationships built upon.
How would u feel if u had just bought daoc now and joined the game, cant get a group, so alone, because people like you are sat at pl spots with there lvl 50 supp sm and lvl 8 alt on a 2nd account desperate to get 50.

Im personally sick of the number of pms I get saying hi would u like to join mod grp. WTF do i want to go there to pwr lvl someone else. Or pms saying hi can you pwrlvl me plz. I dont mind giving cash/advice etc or even giving them a tour, maybe a little xp) but the mentality generally of these people makes me say no.

The nerf of pbaoe will hopefully bring an end to the stupid power level sessions. people sat all day in one spot killing chains of mobs, then saying ding 50 on alt, what does this spell do btw, or which best weapon to spec.

While mythic at it they should remove end regen, was one of the worst things they brought into game. RvR fights would last longer and would require more skill to play properly.

Your attitude stinks to be honest, is a leetist im alright jack one, dont forget some people like pve. Maybe time for you to reinstall Counterstrike

Elaih

Fledgling Freddie
Buffer said:
The whole point of having todo PVE is to form groups get to know people, guilds are formed, relationships built upon.

That would be my answer to you Lothandar. This is almost impossible for a new players to experience. The fun part of PvE and the charming part of all the MMORPGs. The part where you get to know other players and making true friends.

Lothandar said:
You think this will help people without a pl char/friend who has a pl char?

Hopefully it will stop more players to feel the temptation of getting a fast ride to 50, instead of learning their chars. I'm not blaming the pl alone for causing the arrogance and elitism in the realm. But without the hard way PvE, people will always try to get things the easy way. By stealing, rolling fotms etc. And not talk about the childish behavior that has grown so fast. I've never seen same amout of "ffs", "stfu" etc. since the elitism took control over the game.

And one of the biggerst issues caused mostly by pling (and still elitism) is that many great old guilds has collapsed. People are now, instead of having a great time in a guild they could be proud of, either struggeling in a small guild trying to exp with a few other peoples who have the same problem exping, or joining an elite rvr guild just to know that you'll get some extra realmpoints. I don't blame people for enjoying rvr more than pve, I defenetly prefer rvr, but the attitude could be different and the arrogance should..

We are all from the same realm. Some from Vasud, and some from Aegir.. Some are bigger and some are running wierd..

rivan

Fledgling Freddie
Elaih said:
We are all from the same realm. Some from Vasud, and some from Aegir.. Some are bigger and some are running wierd..

god that last bit made me laugh, thank you :D

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
Well said Buffer!

PvE used to be great fun, now its all wtfpwnd crap and whos got the best. Gone are the days of everyone at 50 wearing the best Spindlehalla (bet you dont even know where that is!) had to offer.

Grouping made this game in PvE, Njisses lair, Askheim, Vendo caves, Snow crabs, Spindlehalla, Ruamarik and Malmohus were all full of 1fg groups doing their thing. We got to know each other, we had a laugh and a joke and when we died we blamed each other and learnt from our mistakes before reforming in Gna Faste (another place I bet you dont know) and moving off once again.

Getting to 50 was part of the fun, now its "i wan it nowz!!!" like spoilt brats. The main premise of DAoC was to get away from just PvE (liek UO) or just PvE (like any FPS) and combine them in a fairly tale land where dragons ruled the roost, but the players have turned it into a game of CS with spells instead.

Bring back 1.38, where ALL men were equal!

Dorin

Fledgling Freddie
Most ppl play this game for:
Realm versus Realm Combat

PvE is boring, it is utterly boring. Did lvl a ranger the "hard-way" 50 days played, but was somewhat ok couse everything was NEW, could rvsr without supah rvsr grp, not much stealth-zerg, loads of ppl low-lvl in rvsr - not fully buffed equiped bla bla bla, so could have some rvsr after a lvl. After that i did ok-way with my chanter and ns [Zerg event on prydwen, setup - xping with 6fg]. Did the hard-way in albion as a sorceror and in midgard as a savage with proper grp-setup. But almost died of boredom, repetative like hell, no challenge, if you are in random grps (was insane in albion alot of times) retards can ruin your night easily, only single positive point was to somewhat explore the realm. If you are not 24/7 gamer it sadly takes 1 month+ to get to 50 like this. Fun.... NOT. (if you done 50 already a few times... then thx but no thanks dull pve-shiteh.) Also let me add the grind doesnt END at lvl 50 now. You need to get artifacts - master levels - rare items - scrolls - leveling artifacts, then again what? dull - pve after the 1st experience. I'm doing toa for 4months or so and iam not finished, my bad at somepoint + helping some ppl but still a bit lol.

So answer to the question: pl being nerfed for old-timers is bad news, tho with toa most ppl will stick to one-two chars (cant rly imagen anyone doing mls and artifacts for more then 3 characters, expect pve beasts). Most ppl will choose easy-mode if there is a chance, especially in lvling as i already mentioned

BOOOOOOOOOOOORING.

Lothandar

Fledgling Freddie
I don't know the deal with you, but I basically know how to play every char in daoc, I don't need to 'learn' the char by frustrating myself with soloing to 50.

I soloed my light ment from 1 to 48, and that was before the /level command was implemented, so not quite now. What did I learn about the char?

1. I am great at stunning yellow/orange mobs but shouldn't try to stun red ones since they might resist it and I have to kite!
2. My blue pom is decent while soloing!
3. People don't take me into groups because of my spec.
4. Chaining the same mobs alone is not fun.

The weird thing is when I made my ment and she was lvl 1 I knew I am going to be 48 light and 24 mana, and knew exactly my role in rvr, so please explain, what do you mean, to learn a char, as you can see, I indeed learned a lot of things about my ment while soloing myself from 1 to 48, but these things are not crucial to me in rvr.

But before my ment alt, I had a bard as I felt the realm lacks bards, kay, here's what happened to me on my half year journal to 50.

1. I hit my drum/play on my flute depending on group setup (I grouped with bards in rvr with my bm so knew this already)
2. I often have to heal if the druid is asleep/lame/etc (Anything to do with rvr? If a druid is asleep in rvr I was lost with my bard (hmm had like 16 regrowth for the better rez)
3. If the group is crappy I might have to single mezz a few adds <while leveling it is not advisable to have music capped as people want you for nurt> (as again this has NO similarity to rvr combat positions, the only reason I'd use the single mez to pwn another ccer trying to mez me)
4. I really love that end song ~~ (Tanks do too! I know they do !;)

The most interesting one is my bm, I was a noob basically to daoc so I didn't knew how my route is crippled to 50, but I still remember some things:

1. I got invited to groups but if there was a champ/hero in I was told to not take agro because my damage towards the mobs doesn't worth the healing power wasted on me. (This teached me a lot about my char.)
2. I soloed a lot with this char too, prawned those curmudgeon harvesters! (Well not my classes fault really, but worths a mention I guess, hib was a very depopulated realm then on prydwen, still is)
3. Over 40 while in fin/bog groups I was told by heroes that they are aware of my fast damage output but pls, be careful etc. (This also reminded me of prefix 1.)

You CANNOT learn anything about rvr while pveing, or, if you can, go ahead tell me which group of mobs act like players who train you for rvr situs.

Will be short on my warrior:

1. I learned that I have to be defensive always to protect my group members!(Oh wait, I had that idea in my while creating the kobold warrior. Then I learned nothing extra about the char while leveling, putting guard instantly on agroholder was in my blood already, not like it is a difficult task, is it.)

Or actually it is as many fail to do so, but that's not my problem is it.

The fact someone doesn't know how to play his char in rvr is not coming from him being pled in malmo/moderna/wtf.

I know you will disagree, but I will keep trying to light you on the fact that being alone and abandomed in pve is not important, towards your Realm vs Realm skills.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom