Another map instead of BAM?

O

old.Pix

I've got a proposal for you and the admins. I've been away for a week and just got the news that our clan MsA has joined the league. That's kewl, but how about kicking away the low-cap-map BAM map and use my newly released map 2Much instead?

It's a pure clan-war-map, fast paced and well worth looking at (I can say that - I made the darn thing ;-)

Please download at http://msa.swedtfcc.com/2much.zip and try it out. It's on mapcylcle on several european clan-servers already.

I'm also open for suggestions regarding the map, if you find any bugs or other stuff that would make the map more playworthy, just mail me and if your idea gets into the map you'll get cred in the readme ;-)

[MsA]Pixie

O

old.[VIT]Augustus

I agree that we should get rid of Bam. The 2much map is very interesting, although I haven't tried it with others I had a look around, the 10 second limit is however VERY narrow.

V

vuz

I have to say your map does rock, very nice indeed- well done! However the reason Bam is used (I hate the map!) is because it received a good backing in the votes which decide which maps are to be played.
At this point it is too late to change, but the voting system and map system will be revised and your map will certainly be on the map vote for season2.

O

old.make~my~day

Im an admin but I can't dunp BAM!

Actually i love Bam as much as you lot hate it :)

------------------

O

old.Pix

:eek: What? You love playing 0-0 wars? Man, you're kinky ;)

BAM is very good looking, has no bugs as far as I know, but is too easy to defend :(

[MsA]Pixie

O

old.Nova

HAM is the worst war-map i've ever played...I have no clue as to why some clans have voted for it.

------------------
[MsA]Nova
Mentis supero Arma

O

old.Sidekick

I love BAM! 0-0 battles? Your attack aint good enough then ;)

------------------
"There comes a day when the child must kill his parents, the subject must overthrow the king and man must destroy god. Everyone must learn to follow his own path." Den of Barjack, GUNNM (Yukito Kishiro)
TFC: [PVC]Sidekick[SPAM] | [CTW]Batman | CS: [PVCcs]SiDeKiCk
Email: adriennww@yahoo.com | ICQ: 41819449 | Homepage: Import Gamer

V

vuz

i am trying to work out why liking BAM (or HAM...nova) makes u kinky......

O

old.Pix

Kinky was the best word I could find ;)

I'm a hard core engy and I like to play maps that are hard to defend, having to think up good strategies. A map that demands good teamplay, not only in offence, but also in defence. BAM is NOT such a map, but that is my oppinion. You just place a couple of people right outside the flagroom and then your're safe. The distance you have to travel to get to the other side is also pretty annoying. But the map in itself is a pure beauty to look at. Textures and everything is made with great skill.

[MsA]Pixie

[This message has been edited by Pix (edited 31 May 2000).]

O

old.TGC Snow

bam's not that hard for attackers really. just unlike some, it requires more in the way of organisation than skill. Good for spies... i kinda like it... better than badlands any day.

O

old.Pix

I guess MsA hasn't got attackers that are skilled enough then :D

[MsA]Pixie

O

old.TGC Snow

read it again m8 :p

i said it requires organisation (which i'd assume MsA have a lot of) rather than skill (which MsA have shitloads of)

O

old.Pix

Yeah, I know buddy, I was just trying to be funny as usual ;)

You have to stop giving our clan so much cred...we're not THAT good :eek:

[MsA]Pixie

O

old.Honey

I totally agree with you pix..Bam is an easy map to defend even for very unskilled clans like us :)
If you want to keep the 0 you just set your attackers to fight midway then it is way to easy for the last line of defense.
On the other hand if both teams are set to cap on the map you can have an exciting game..like we had against DW on it for instance..it ended 20-10 for them but only cause we were forced to go for the cap or else it would have ended like both shutdown_l and rock2 almost always do 0-0 :-(

------------------
Honey[DONut]

[This message has been edited by Honey (edited 01 June 2000).]

V

vuz

I think more of these maps need more thinking about, instead of saying it is too easy to defend, try to be more offensive. I may be talking out of my arse (don't play Bam often) but why not try a 2/3 man def and 5/6 man off?
Anyway, as it is a low capper it has been paired with the classic big capper Well.
:)

O

old.TGC Snow

yer, Honey is right - a negative offence can cripple maps like bam and shutdown_l. So a good idea would perhaps be to make sure these heavy defensive maps are played first in the match?

that way ppl wouldn't be able to win the first map and then settle back for the 0-0.

O

old.TGC Snow

oh yer btw, i only lick your arse out coz Kristus was so nice to me before UKTFCL SIII :) Most ppl would just tell me to fuck off (most still do) but the ppl in #msa are all really friendly.

So yer, in fact MsA are complete shite and they're gonna be relegated.

E

exxxie

my word...someone mentioned no bugs in BAM....theyre's a cracker its soo weird...useless but weird

as a solja go the the bottom resup and fire off some rockets back into the respawn....mad innit? You can even out run them if your quick :)

[RA]excession

O

old.TGC Snow

that was done on purpose to stop respawn spam i think

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom