Another DF bug? or is this supposed to happen

E

Elrond/Ruffting

I have noticed that some mobs, mostly the narubite drinkers and essence shredder types will aggro straight through stealth without uncovering you first! Fair enough they are red con to me but I know it happens for higher level stealthers too, besides I can stealth past all non DF red/purp mobs fine. Is this a bug? I sure hope so and that it gets fixed because it is REALLY annoying when I want to go bash some albs :D

Anyone have an explanation?

A

Alrindel

Yellow and blue con glimmerlings in Sheeroe have done this to me as well, I think it's intentional. :p

D

Danya

Yup heard several 50 infs moaning about the mobs having see hidden. :p

M

Marcus75

I would't be suprised if this isn't a bug as there shouldn't be "safe" for any class just to walkabout this place, stealther or non-stealther.

Guess the only guy that should be able to do that would be Kemor. :cool:

O

old.Iunliten

They got the same shitty crap as the drakulvs in malmo have.

And doubt it is a bug, it is just some weird idea mythic have aarrgh, stupid mobs!

A

Aeiedil

if they didnt have it then a high assassin could have the run of the place :p

D

Damon_D

Well there are other bugs , my hunter fell trugh the bloody floor hit a purp con mob in the head and prombtly got whacked for the few hp he had left after the fall... weeee gotta love those "hole" bugs :mad:

P

- Pathfinder -

Originally posted by Damon Doombring
Well there are other bugs , my hunter fell trugh the bloody floor hit a purp con mob in the head and prombtly got whacked for the few hp he had left after the fall... weeee gotta love those "hole" bugs :mad:

ROFL :)

And yes, I imagine the Detect Hidden mobs are there to prevent stealthers from farming - perhaps this is why all infiltrators hate DF with a vengeance :)

G

Gahldir

Originally posted by Marcus75
I would't be suprised if this isn't a bug as there shouldn't be "safe" for any class just to walkabout this place, stealther or non-stealther.

Guess the only guy that should be able to do that would be Karam. :cool:

/edit spelling

PS. don't feel bad bcuz I changed your qoute.

O

old.tRoG

Originally posted by Damon Doombring

i did that on friday, i fell right into a prince room :)

got killed by one of his mates in about 0.00532 seconds, but the strange thing was his friend was on about 2/3 hp... maybe i hurt him when i fell on his head :)

D

Damon_D

Ack my hunter being an ickle kobold, would not hurt to much I guesse , next time I'll try to stuff his pockets with lead, maybe I can stun em as i hit em on the head, cause you dont stand much of a chance, when you drop and think WTF ???, then WHAM ..hit for like 700 hp out of the 125hp or so I had left, it makes a little kobold bleed quit badly. Its not like the mob says " Hey mate thats a shame with those bug's, you better run of before you get seriously hurt "... its more like " UMMMMM a kobold who has allready been tenderrized by fall damage...tasty little git " :p

P

- Pathfinder -

Last time we visited the Albion Prince, he ran off and fell down into the cave system below. Obviously us wiping the Mid zerg has unnerved him, and he sought to escape.

Naturally we grumbled, then moved back, and climed down, and naturally he went right back up to the spawn spot again.

So, after finally climbing up and wiping the repopped mobs, we did get to kill him :p

D

Damon_D

Bahhh it was probalby me hitting him on the head , that had confused him, getting a blue kobold arse smacked in you face at high speed , can leave even the hardiest mob confused and dazed for days

S

Solid

A lot of DF mobs have See Hidden ability, thats why Elrond, oh and an official Welcome back to Midgard :)

E

Elrond/Ruffting

I didn't know that mobs could have the see hidden ability :( oh well, only seems to be the ones with essence shredder model. Kinda unfair in my opinion but there we go.

Thx solid :D

U

Uncle Sick(tm)

Never thought I would cheer for a mob...;)

A

Alrindel

Originally posted by Elrond/Ruffting
I didn't know that mobs could have the see hidden ability :( oh well, only seems to be the ones with essence shredder model. Kinda unfair in my opinion but there we go.
That's okay, lots of us think it's kinda unfair that assassins get See Hidden, but there we go.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom