Another daft question on /level

O

old.Kerosene

So you've got a lvl 50... does this mean you can roll any level 20 (or possibly 30) on Camlann?

M

matax

Only on the same server/realm as the level 50 I believe.

S

Sibanac

Originally posted by matax
Only on the same server/realm as the level 50 I believe.

nope any normal server any realm.

thats why underpopulated realms get the free 30, so ppl would roll alts on those servers

pvp servers do not get free lvl 30's i am not sure if they get lvl 20's

M

matax

Originally posted by Sibanac
nope any normal server any realm.

Excellent :)

Another question - can you choose to only go to level 20 on those where you can go to 30 so as not to miss Thid ?

E

Elvewen

I think it's a /level 20 and /level 30 command so in theory yes.

O

ormorof

" Addressed Realm Balance via the new /level command. Now, if you have a level 50 character on any server, you can create level 20 characters on any other server, and level 30 characters on specific Realms on different servers that we have determined to be underpopulated. We'll see how this affects Realm balance and make more changes as appropriate."

:)

Y

-yoda-

level 30for under populated realms o variousservers . other wise its all level 20 and YES u can /leveland not go all way to 30 BUT you CANNOT stop @24 and then goto thiranki :) it leaves u on pad and doesnt port you to bg1 ...

p.s other than that its fun i got about 25-30 lvl 30 hibs/mids/albs now :) all silly specs like spirit cabbys . mercfiltrators . melee scout , rejuve friar :p

S

svartmetall

So...lvl50s can roll a lvl20 to start with; and this wil change server populations how?

It will drive them right down.

Because you can only play one char at once, and the soon-to-be-glaringly-obvious lack of lvl0-20 chars will make it very hard for new players (i.e. not new alts of existing players) to find people to grp/lvl with.

IMO /lvl will kill DAOC in terms of new players getting into the game.

S

Sharp Thing

Originally posted by svartmetall
So...lvl50s can roll a lvl20 to start with; and this wil change server populations how?

It will drive them right down.

Because you can only play one char at once, and the soon-to-be-glaringly-obvious lack of lvl0-20 chars will make it very hard for new players (i.e. not new alts of existing players) to find people to grp/lvl with.

IMO /lvl will kill DAOC in terms of new players getting into the game.
and you think pve is better now? when i lvld my savage in the early days i had to do tasks to 18 before i got a grp, all the others had a shaman bb sticked to them, hurrah to /level imo :>

K

kinag

Originally posted by Sharp Thing
and you think pve is better now? when i lvld my savage in the early days i had to do tasks to 18 before i got a grp, all the others had a shaman bb sticked to them, hurrah to /level imo :>

As true as it gets...

G

ghoul

1. You start your char.
2. You type /level whilst having your trainer targetted.
3. You right click him til you have level 5.
4. You move on to advanced class trainer.
5. You right click on advanced class trainer til you are the level you want/can be.

Simple as that. :)

S

svartmetall

Originally posted by Sharp Thing

Don't get me started on Buffbots, they fucking ruin things too.

V

Validus

wouldn't it be possible in theory to have a lvl 30 basic class char?

IE Mehaeredeleeit the level 30 elementalist in Camelot Hills

V

Vorcyn

I would gather the restrictions still apply in that you cant go past level 6 (?) without choosing a class.

F

Fafnir

You go to lvl 5.9999999999999999999999999999 then you just get xp without any new bulbs. When you take your new class, you will go up lvls until the xp is not enough to gain anymore lvls.

O

old.Alliandre

Never heard anyone say ding 30 before after being level 5 a second before. I suppose it will be different.

S

Sarnat

...and you can make a L20 on any server, even Camlann and german/french servers (atleast, I assume that is the way they're gonna implement it on EU, it's like this on US).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom