Another bunch of beta invites handed out

HansMortis

Fledgling Freddie
Richard@Mythic said on ign forums "NA only", so seems we still have to wait :(

IainC

English WAR Community Manager
We should be. Yesterday was a bad day for us to get anything done because A: it was a bank holiday in Ireland and B: most of us were flying back from Cologne.

Roffe

Fledgling Freddie
We should be. Yesterday was a bad day for us to get anything done because A: it was a bank holiday in Ireland and B: most of us were flying back from Cologne.

sweeeet!

My F5 button is gonna hate me again tho.

Santh

Fledgling Freddie
This is great news! But im wondering how many invites will go out in europe, and how many of them will be to the english speaking part. NA had around 2000 but they're all english.. Kinda wondering if europe will have more or less then 2k, since we're multiple languages :p.

Ogrelin Blodig

One of Freddy's beloved
This is great news! But im wondering how many invites will go out in europe, and how many of them will be to the english speaking part. NA had around 2000 but they're all english.. Kinda wondering if europe will have more or less then 2k, since we're multiple languages :p.

My guess is that they'll need more than North America.... but then again...it's just my hopes :)

IainC

English WAR Community Manager
There will be a lot more than 2k. We're waiting on a few last minute technical details then we'll be sending out a very big wave of invites. We want to have strong test populations on all five beta servers.

Aesgir

Loyal Freddie
Thats great news, i'll be watching my mail like a hawk :worthy:

SkarIronfist

Fledgling Freddie
Just need to be careful with the "Empty Junk Mail" option for a while.

I did try and log on to the war-europe website, but lost the will to live again with the log on process.

"The Password You Entered Is Invalid Format"

For godsake, sort it out. It tells me nothing, at least repeat in the message the requirements for a valid password. X capitals, y numbers and a partridge in a pear tree. It may well be enough to remind a person what they may have constructed there password like, without having to reset the password.

Iain, you are about to send out a load of beta keys, and for that they will need to log on again to do the download. This may well be 1st time they have accessed the website since the initial log on process .... is this want you want? It will just bring back the old DAOC subscription/game login memories (Which are not great).

(Oh on that note. If you ever had multiple accounts with basically the same name, the account creation process, always had the game and subscripion userid different ... how annoying was that).

Also why do we need to log on each time we come back to the website?

Remember polish polish polish ... address the issues as you go along.

SkarIronfist

Fledgling Freddie
Actually on both DAOC and Warhammer websites, I have found the log in process often be convoluted and just basically tiresome.

Vasconcelos

Part of the furniture
I did the same guessing in another thread some weeks ago: are they handing out invites once per month? :p

Santh

Fledgling Freddie
Perhabs this is the day for invites! :D So excited! This was written yesterday by our beloved IainC:
Seems I was a little hasty. There will be about 4000 new beta testers imminently. 'Imminently' is less time than 'soon' in case you were wondering. We are waiting for a few technical things to be sorted then the invites will flow! Originally I was told that they had already gone out but it appears that someone was being a little over-eager. That person has now been flayed and eaten.

So chances are that by the end of the day, we will have FOUR THOUSAND europeans testing WAR!!

Ogrelin Blodig

One of Freddy's beloved
Ohhh....pleeeease, let it be my turn! :)

I wonder if this batch includes guildinvites? Has anyone heard anything about those yet?

DarkSnaker

Fledgling Freddie
4000 Europeans, but not English-speaking Europeans!
That's about 800 for the English servers tho...

We will also get the Guild Beta soon (120 English guilds), since the notifications have been sent to the winning guilds in US.

Ogrelin Blodig

One of Freddy's beloved
4000 Europeans, but not English-speaking Europeans!
That's about 800 for the English servers tho...

We will also get the Guild Beta soon (120 English guilds), since the notifications have been sent to the winning guilds in US.

Goodie, I guess a guildinvite is abit much to hope for, but I have a list of e-mails to SU members ready anyhow :)

DarkSnaker

Fledgling Freddie
I just heard from a member of EvaVix they are in. :eek6:
Now I hope Black Fox gets invites too...

Mephz

Banned
I'm in USA Beta atm, enjoying it and reporting Bugs / Feedback like mad.

d34k

Fledgling Freddie
Hopefully all the dwarves I've been sacrificing to Gork & Mork will pay off and I'll get a beta invite. :clap:

Ooo, it's getting exciting isn't it?

DarkSnaker

Fledgling Freddie
Yep, so keep your fingers crossed!

I sent in a few people trying to sell their beta account yesterday, hoping that this will increase my chance to get in :fluffle:

Vasconcelos

Part of the furniture
Dunno if its been said but for those waiting for the single beta invitations:

The beta invites haven't been sent yet and aren't going to be sent today. We're patching today and the download server has more than enough on it's plate for now. This is why I try and use words like 'soon' rather than 'tomorrow' because it's just asking to get tripped up otherwise.

In any case those invites won't be out until after the weekend. We'll have news on the war-europe site when they've been sent.

EU single beta invites ? - Warhammer Forums

11th post

Give those F5 keys a break for Sigmar's sake!! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom