Another appeal for ingame CSR/GM/appeal command.

B

boni_ofdavoid

I went on a Fomor raid today on hib/excal to kill some overpowerd hydra that drops very little (was raid for fun, we werent expecting any good drops, but still needed 50+ people all equiped with siege stuff and potions). This was probably the largest pve event taking place this week on our server.

The dungeon zone was really really laggy, then just after we got to the boss, setup the siege equipment, the zone crashed. Logged back on to find the hydra and all our siege equipment wasnt there.

1! Just 1 ingame CSR /GM or appeal command working and we could have got the hydra respawned, instead all we got for the effort was a brief glimpse and then shutdown.

This isnt the first time either, frequently our Galladorial raids are messed up by a dungeon pop during the final encounter. Not suprising when it takes 5+hrs todo and the dungeon pops every 12. Frequently mobs like the Giant spore cluster are also bugged to hell (all mobs in dungeon stuck to it...)

IT IS NOT FUN FOR ANYONE, NOT LEAST OF ALL FOR THE PEOPLE PUTTING IN THE EFFORT TO ARRANGE LARGE SCALE RAIDS.

So once again ill ask, please can we have something ingame that means that our server can do largescale raids without having a pretty good chance of wasting everyones time on a repop or removal of boss mobs at the worst time possible.

Y

Yussef

Epic dungeon repop issues are due to your players in your realm though.

B

boni_ofdavoid

Originally posted by Yussef
Epic dungeon repop issues are due to your players in your realm though.

Yes but we have no control over certain members of our realm, this means we cant be guaranteed of doing a final encounter raid without the risk that the dugeon will pop. Despite asking all the large guilds / alliances it just takes one pissed of manachanter to ruin the fun and 5+hrs work of 100+ people.

We cant do these raids when we feel like it. Its simply not possible to gather the number of people required unless a pre-determined start time is agreed so 100+ people can freeup 5hours of time and be there.

An ingame GM would be able to reset the dungeon when we plan to start, giving us 12 hours to finish our raid, and 100+ people could have some fun..

Y

Yussef

You're 100% sure that American CSR's despawn all the bosses after repops?

No matter, saw the word reset, ignore this ;o

V

Vorcyn

The epic repop issue is easily sorted, just look at the Excal - Albion Sidi 'booking' sheet.
If you cant make an agreement between the realm to do something, it needs sorting really.

F

Flimgoblin

how about emailing your server GM asking him to reset the spawn timer - your raids are planned in advance, no? so you know when it's going to happen.

They might not agree to do it saying "sort out your realm mates" :) but that'd be the same response whether or not they're in-game CSRs or not.

L

liste

the reasoning is strong in this one <nudges Flimgob>

O

oblivion_6

CSR would be quite good

maybe one option would be to have a chat system where a CSR rep is in the room and people can ask them things?

they did this on SWG and it worked quite well

T

tripitaka

<CLANG> bring out yer dead (threads that is.)

X

Xeanor

This has NOTHING to do with Sidi/Galladoria/TG.

It's about Fomor, a dungeon with normal mobs and a few bosses.

Yussef, imagine going xanxicar and crash when you're about to attack him, log back in, and he ain't there, and the siege equip you set up = gone.

B

boni_ofdavoid

Originally posted by Vorcyn
The epic repop issue is easily sorted, just look at the Excal - Albion Sidi 'booking' sheet.
If you cant make an agreement between the realm to do something, it needs sorting really.

Its not easily sorted tbh. As i say above, it takes just 1 player to mess it up, we cant control what every single player on the server does. 99% of our server wont mess with galla before a largescale raid, but 1% are unguilded, dont read BW, hate the raid organisers or are just plain greedy...

We only attempt 1 booking per week, just for one well known free for all event, yet sadly its seems to fail every other time due to repop.

B

boni_ofdavoid

Originally posted by Flimgoblin
how about emailing your server GM asking him to reset the spawn timer - your raids are planned in advance, no? so you know when it's going to happen.

They might not agree to do it saying "sort out your realm mates" :) but that'd be the same response whether or not they're in-game CSRs or not.

Can you suggest who I could mail? Its worth a shot, though I havent had any luck contacting these people in the past.

B

boni_ofdavoid

Originally posted by Xeanor

Yussef, imagine going xanxicar and crash when you're about to attack him, log back in, and he ain't there, and the siege equip you set up = gone.

Yeah, they are seperate issuse, though both would be fixed with someone online who could use GM commands.

O

old.Kerosene

3 replies in a row, impressive!

Seriously though, no CSR's please. The amount of whine on the boards would increase even more than it is already. Look. We're not bloody American's. We should be able to solve our disputes between us.

Y

Yussef

Originally posted by Xeanor

I commented on the Galladoria sections he did partially mention in his initial post.

L

liste

Can you suggest who I could mail? Its worth a shot, though I havent had any luck contacting these people in the past.

Speak to the Eyes and Ears of your realm. They can assist you :)

B

boni_ofdavoid

Originally posted by liste
Speak to the Eyes and Ears of your realm. They can assist you :)

Speak to who?

I dont think hib/excal has such a thing.

Users who are viewing this thread