Annoying!

Ned

Fledgling Freddie
Hi all,

is it just me or are all EU players on U.S Servers experiencing a delay between hitting spell icons and starting to cast?
It only seems to happen in RVR/PVP areas, most noticeably in Thid.

I've just come out of Thid cos I'm continually getting my ass handed to me.

It's about a second or two seconds tops, and it's costing me dear.

Is it just the delay because of the distance or is it something that I may be able to fix?

Any ideas?

:kissit:

Syri

FH is my second home
if it's only in certain areas, and nobody you've asked in game is experiencing it, chances are it's something on your pc. if you have lag in all areas, could be connection specific, but as it's only some, more likely the pc itself.
best to check if there's any programs in the background, try lowering detail options/spell effects and see how that goes to start.

Ned

Fledgling Freddie
Aye, like I say, only really noticeable in the bg's..starting to wonder if it's worth levelling up in case it's permanent.
Just wiped my computer, only thing on it is DaoC gamewise. I have 2GB ram and 3.2 Processor and nvid 6800GT card. I also have a 2 meg connection.
I will wait and see if it gets any better when BT upgrade my line to 8 meg..
If not, I'm not gonna continue. I'm crap enough in RvR as it is.

Just really wanted to know if anyone else had similar problems.

Anyway, ty for reply m8 :drink:

Basic_X

Fledgling Freddie
Hmm, only "delay" ive noticed (casting/melee wise) was from lvl 1-5 realy, after that i cant say ive had anny "delay" or lagg (except when im Dling) :p

Durand

Fledgling Freddie
Im from Sweden if you check main General Discussion Madition has made a thread about it. I got massive delay and its something about the connection. Hope it goes away some day now.

MaditioN

Can't get enough of FH
Durand said:
Im from Sweden if you check main General Discussion Madition has made a thread about it. I got massive delay and its something about the connection. Hope it goes away some day now.

kinda sorted for me now, pinging 193.252.123.45 (avalon) brings me around 30-40ms even in primetime now, was problems with globalcrossing at france so dunno if it should affect playing on US tho.

QuickStix

Fledgling Freddie
I hardly lag at all in usa servers only time i do get bad lag is in laby.. ive been playing my sb a lot lately in thid to try get solo title and im exp nolag at all.. unless 10000000000000 fag animists shrooming ever nook n cranny of the bg ;)

Deld

Loyal Freddie
I get the delay, even when having all green ping. I get it even in PvE and its EXTREMELY annoying, so much so I've stopped playing because it irrates me and makes it unplayable. I think its connection because my PC is top of the line in all aspects.

MaCaBr3

Banned
Ofcourse there is higher latency and higher latency means delay. But I agree sometimes the latency spikes for some reason. I guess it's something with the US servers beeing laggy.

charmangle

Fledgling Freddie
Ned said:
Hi all,

is it just me or are all EU players on U.S Servers experiencing a delay between hitting spell icons and starting to cast?
It only seems to happen in RVR/PVP areas, most noticeably in Thid.

I've just come out of Thid cos I'm continually getting my ass handed to me.

It's about a second or two seconds tops, and it's costing me dear.

Is it just the delay because of the distance or is it something that I may be able to fix?

Any ideas?

:kissit:

Well, I had the same problem on english servers when playing RvR with a catacombs client, so switch to ToA in rvr and it worked fine...might be that your computor cant handle the amount of effects loaded on the german servers. If you are using catacombs client, try switching to ToA and see if it isnt better...

/Charmangle

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom