Annoying Waiting for Golden Scarab Vest

Vepo

Fledgling Freddie
Hi all,

I'm finding this artifact to be one of the most annoying features to ToA. You spends hours sometimes days killing Setian's to gain the faction needed to enter the camp to speak with Tey (Thanks Brighdassa), then you spend even more time killing the Prism Scarabs, being a Bard I need to ask for help which took a couple of days, but finally it worked out (Thanks Gesta, Scotticus).

When you finally get the 50 Magical Scarab Wings you have to hand them in 1 by 1 to Tey to get the Gloves so you can pick up the Golden Scarab Vest. So you sit there in the location of where the Vest appears. 1 hour goes by, then 2 and by the time you now it 8+ hours have gone by. Then after reading VoS it says the Vest can take up to 24 hours to spawn.

WTF THE MYTHIC/GOA

You expect us to go out get all this stuff done only to wait hours apon hours to get the Vest which if your afk just a few minutes and someone comes along and takes it you have to wait yet another up to 24 hours ?!?!?!?!?!

I pray that in NF or 1.71 this quest is sorted out because it's one major pain in the arse.

There I feel better now :)

Enli

Fledgling Freddie
a m8 of mine is been waiting for ages to pop now
could be that its bugged

Zorah

Fledgling Freddie
Enli said:
a m8 of mine is been waiting for ages to pop now
could be that its bugged

Thats me :(
Been waiting for 1 week, about 5 to 20 hours some days, it never spawns, and all that i do is see other frustrated players waiting for it. I hope something is done with this soon, cause it has to be bugged when nobody gets it.

Spudgie

Fledgling Freddie
Used to be much much worse when ToA first came out. Left ranger there for 3 days with chatlog running, no-one picked it, finally spawned after some stupid amount of time. About 80 odd hours iirc.

Boni

Fledgling Freddie
As Spudgie said it used to be a lot worse.

Handing in the wings doesnt make the chest pop, they are completely separate afaik. If the chest isnt there, dont wait for it, log an alt there and check the spot every day.

Vepo

Fledgling Freddie
Like I told Lusitana and another Ranger or it could have been within guild chat. When you hand in those 50 Magical Scarab Wings Tey should give you the GSV not a stupid pair of Gloves.

Tierce_

Fledgling Freddie
Faction took a couple of hours, oki the wings took a bit longer...maybe 4 hours, and the pop of the vest was 8 or so. I found it awful, and really not worth it...never tried GoV though, I've heard it's worse due to campage. =)

Perf

One of Freddy's beloved
Well i'm gettin pissed off farming semi rare Sandstrutters, for bence letter 2 around storms. Anyone know of a better place to find these damm mobs?

trycorn

Fledgling Freddie
take a farm grp into ml5 ?? its fairly common drop in there

Vepo

Fledgling Freddie
I was with a bunch of guild mates tonight for a couple of hours killing all the Setian's in Land of Atum. We killed all the creatures there and not one of them dropped the Bence's Letter 2 of 3 or 3 of 3.

I would rather spend hours apon hours farming these scrolls instead of paying the overpriced fee's that people are charging for them. It will take a while for the prices to come down, but if these people took the time and understood if they had lower prices they will sell faster and they won't stay in the merchents for months on end just collecting dust because a scroll you need cost 7p+.

odon

Fledgling Freddie
Sucks.

Spent all that time collecting wings and getting faction hand items to Tey, and ...w8ting for vest to pop.

Lol seems like this could be a long time....

legar

Loyal Freddie
The time on artifact mobs is rediculous

every other mmorpg wich comes out (and has come out) tries to eliminate ther fact as much as possible that players never have to wait for mobs, they make private dungeons etc etc.

And what does mythic.. they make a monster that everyone wants to kill just spawn once every 40 hours or so..
Going to be even more fun with gem of the lost memories..

this game is utterly broken atm imo.

Asq

Fledgling Freddie
Handed in Wings, no vest, returned next morning and it was there... less then 8 hours after completing the encounter. Best thing to do:

Boni said:
Handing in the wings doesnt make the chest pop, they are completely separate afaik. If the chest isnt there, dont wait for it, log an alt there and check the spot every day.

Or just check once in a while.

Vepo

Fledgling Freddie
Asq,

Thats what i'm doing now is just checking back and forth. All the time i've spent over the past couple of days I could have made a couple of plat and maybe even got a few moment artifacts to complete my Bard ToA Template.

Finegas

Fledgling Freddie
=) another ranger is mine, Kaeri, I check every day before go to work, when I arrive from work, sometimes I camp for hours and nothing -.-

(dont mind I never "stealth" arti if anyone is camping)

I want yell for help to GoA peeps... u cant wait a min and think a while? a lot of ppl have real life we didnt like stay hours and hours... days... weeks to get 1 drop-arti-scroll... wtf! do you want that the people start camp for weeks and months, still paying the monthlys just for get angry with the game?

If u really want my Euros, send me a email ¬¬ and I give u some cents... but let us play and enjoy with daoc plz or put in oficial web: PAY AND STFU...

Skeletoria

Fledgling Freddie
Hehe seemed like a nice 1 to do for me ranger...but I may sleep over it :eek2:

Zenythe

[GOA] English Servers GM
Emailing Goa doesn't change the spawntimers as we don't have a thing to do with it. Mythic designed the spawn system.

Jarij

Fledgling Freddie
>>><<<<<

QQ :eek: One company blames the other..
Guess its time for some serioue QQ now :eek6:

Cutri

Fledgling Freddie
Zenythe said:
Emailing Goa doesn't change the spawntimers as we don't have a thing to do with it. Mythic designed the spawn system.

By this statement I take it you are saying the spawn is not bugged, just slow spawning?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom