annoying freeze

AberFloyd

Fledgling Freddie
First off here are my system specs:

AMD 2000+
GeForce 5700LE
512 RAM
Win XP

I just recently began getting a freeze at the exact same instance. When the status bar (on the loadup screens when entering the game or changing zones for example) reaches completion the computer freezes. It always happens exactly this way each time. I have the newest video drivers, directx 9.0c. This problem was occuring on my old card as well (geForce4 4200). I got a new card hoping to fix the problem. I'm a little lost, any suggestions on my problem would be appreciated. Thanks!

Skaven

One of Freddy's beloved
Is it doing it with all your alts, or just one?
Tried going on a diff server and creating something and loading it there?

AberFloyd

Fledgling Freddie
yes, its doing it with every toon on all servers. right when the load bar gets to 100%... bam freeze!

Skaven

One of Freddy's beloved
Try rolling back to an earlier set of drivers. I had major problems with camelot and any other drivers apart from 44.67 detonator drivers. Though to tell the truth im using 61.77 atm with my fx5200 and ive had 0 probs so far.
Whats your other games like, notice any probs/anything diffrent in em?

AberFloyd

Fledgling Freddie
I tried the 61.77 to no avail. The other drivers did not support this card. I have also tried a fresh windows install and daoc install. The cpu and case temps are also running cool. I don't really play any other high intensity graphics games, but I can play dvd's just fine! heh

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom