Animists...Rox? Oo

Moriaana

Loyal Freddie
7 animists + 1 mana ment, anyone else tried this before? If not I suggest you do, it's loads of fun :D
A few others in IG and myself made animists for a laugh and the group just kinda happened. (Talivar is mana ment ^^ "I don't DO heals FFS! I have AoE DOT!", "OMG!!!111 you see that spam??!") It's definately good for a laugh at ~lvl 20, just not sure if its worth it higher up?

Was thinking of the fairy spawn in lough gur and how much $$$$ we could make from that :p

I have spotted a rather annoying bug though... why does my pet not nuke things that are in front of it but insists on nuking things it cant see? Must I choose every target for it? If so, whats the use of aggressive/defensive, because on aggressive mode it just sits there unless an alb or mid walks by (not very common in lough gur or connacht thankfully)

Oh one more thing. Any hints on how to play animists would be nice, since, if I solo, I tend to play it like an eldritch...
1) Nuke till it glows...
2) Wait for mana...
3) Repeat.

Divinia

One of Freddy's beloved
i leave for a week and you all fall under the talivargimpness.. if u listen much more to him you wont be able to kill something again... ever...

Behmoth

Fledgling Freddie
cast your main shroom(if aborial spec) cast tangler then use 90% of mana on casting turrets pull mob with your main shroom if u can if not sap str and run about as if a horny firby is after your arse

Zeelee

Fledgling Freddie
maybe the mana menta is good for levling but imo u will need a Perfecter bard in a high level grp with mr4(maybe even 5 if it's a bard bot) and mana ward .... that way u will have LOTS of mana =]

Gillaien

Fledgling Freddie
Zeelee said:
maybe the mana menta is good for levling but imo u will need a Perfecter bard in a high level grp with mr4(maybe even 5 if it's a bard bot) and mana ward .... that way u will have LOTS of mana =]
Just get manament + ungrouped ml6 perfector bb ^^ field draws aggro but doesnt steal xp ;)

Talivar

Part of the furniture
pfft i dont want a bard i cant spam aoe dots and leech a 1000 dms with them!: :clap:

Divinia

One of Freddy's beloved
Talivar said:
pfft i dont want a bard i cant spam aoe dots and leech a 1000 dms with them!: :clap:

What talivar tried to say but did some terrible misspell on was:
pfft i dont want a bard i cant play them for shit!: :twak:

Behmoth

Fledgling Freddie
mana ment >>> bard every time better mana regen better heals and dots only thing bards have is speed and rezz and you should not need that if you have enough tanglers about anyway just have a druid bb close for 100% rezzes

Shawr

Fledgling Freddie
Behmoth said:
mana ment >>> bard every time better mana regen better heals and dots only thing bards have is speed and rezz and you should not need that if you have enough tanglers about anyway just have a druid bb close for 100% rezzes

Would be a pretty crap bb if it had 100% rezzes :p

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
Behmoth said:

Actually bards can match or outstrip manaments in all these departments if specced for it.

Bards can spec MR5, doesnt need to be recast every 10 mins either.

Bards are superior healers, HoT is uber in pve only, takes too long to cast in pvp and menta's get no group heal.

Behmoth

Fledgling Freddie
Tallen said:
Actually bards can match or outstrip manaments in all these departments if specced for it.

Bards can spec MR5, doesnt need to be recast every 10 mins either.

Bards are superior healers, HoT is uber in pve only, takes too long to cast in pvp and menta's get no group heal.

would be a shite bard if you spec better than a meana ment and no hot is best heal in the game also do more damage than a bard also and he is on about pve farmin

Reno

One of Freddy's beloved
Mana ment is no longer really viable in rvr ( heal field), so you should consider them both as pve bots.
A bard with lvl 10 croc tear ring ( ae end/heal/mr song) , perfecter 5 and maybe even mr 5 song, tops HOT and Ae dot by a big stretch as a bot imo.

Danita

Garbannoch

Fledgling Freddie
current fins groups: 3 animists, ml5 perfector. mana ment or bard, rest leeches: shrooms can be planted directly into spawn and mobs more or less insta die

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
Behmoth said:
would be a shite bard if you spec better than a meana ment and no hot is best heal in the game also do more damage than a bard also and he is on about pve farmin

You have no idea what your talking about :)

PVE bards are shit? wrong, they are superb, in fact they are the best support spec PvE in the realm.

HoT is best heal in the game? wrong, it may be great on pets, but thats about it. It takes too long to cast and drains too much mana, a menta as only healer wont save your group if things go tits up, nor can he rezz, and if he goes oom he cant cast MR....a pve bard can do all these with ease.

Menta can outdamage a bard...not sure why this is significant, but i must say that if a menta is primary healer in a 8-mage group then they should'nt have time to be casting DoT :p

Go back to focus pulling fins, you'll learn so much about other classes spec's doing that im sure, then you can come back and lecture us all again :p

Behmoth

Fledgling Freddie
seeing as i nevr had a pl and do not own a bb and made my lvls on my own or with grps i do know what i'm talking about tried a bard and hated it prefer mana menta and unlike your self am not a FoTMer so stick that where the sun don't shine and as i do not care about your opinion and will always stick to mine as i know what a mana menta and a grp of animists can do we tried it with a bard = not as good :m00: :kissit:

vintervargen

Banned
MR isnt necessary with powerfield.. maybe next patch when anis need to spam higher turrets..

Healer McHeal

Fledgling Freddie
also, bards can survive a few hits, a cloth caster goes down like a ton of bricks at the first sight of agro :p

prozze

Fledgling Freddie
Garbannoch said:
current fins groups: 3 animists, ml5 perfector. mana ment or bard, rest leeches: shrooms can be planted directly into spawn and mobs more or less insta die

ait, RR exping style! lvl 50 in around 24 hours played :clap:

Nugusta

One of Freddy's beloved
Last night in /gu Bov was spamming ding every 5 mins...was in grp with 7 other animists and they had a ml7 perfector to lay down mana field afaik

went from 24-32 in half an hour or slightly more...

:eek2:

Boni

Fledgling Freddie
Tallen said:
HoT is best heal in the game? wrong, it may be great on pets, but thats about it. It takes too long to cast and drains too much mana, a menta as only healer wont save your group if things go tits up, nor can he rezz, and if he goes oom he cant cast MR....a pve bard can do all these with ease.

just to pick you up on HoT...

HoT is excellent because it doesnt supply any aggro. You can pull stuff with HoT healing you couldnt do with druid/bard heals without getting agro on the healers.
It doesnt cost to much, assuming you have a well specced menta, after all hes got mr5, ive seen our guild menta HoT for 30mins+.
Casting mr on yourself before you go OOM I would consider a base skill that most mana mentalists could handle.

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
Boni said:
Casting mr on yourself before you go OOM I would consider a base skill that most mana mentalists could handle.

Problem is that you must then chain-cast MR 8 times to re-pot all the animists and yourself, while doin this you cant heal.

I know a good menta will halt a group to repot just before the timer expires, but if it fades mid-pull you could be in trouble with only a ment as single healer depending on the size of the pull.

Coccas

Loyal Freddie
Nugusta said:
Last night in /gu Bov was spamming ding every 5 mins...was in grp with 7 other animists and they had a ml7 perfector to lay down mana field afaik

went from 24-32 in half an hour or slightly more...

:eek2:
that was me, and it was ml5 perfector and i'm only lvl 31 :p

Nugusta

One of Freddy's beloved
Coccas said:
that was me, and it was ml5 perfector and i'm only lvl 31 :p

well anyway :p

I logged when you was half way through 31 or so you said...so guessed you would have stayed till u dinged 32 or past that so :kissit:

let me duel your warden tbh :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom