Animist

Naewae

Fledgling Freddie
Is Animist a viable class for PvP? If so how should I spec?

I've played one for a level (20-21 not much I know) but as it's pets are static I can't see how it would work. (Currently I've gone max Arboreal but can re-roll easily enough.)

Any tips greatly appreciated.

Bahumat

FH is my second home
i found for combat

insta debuff whilst casting anger pet, then another anger pet and a lifetap.

debuff will stop em casting, then they get the "blah blah you been hit cant cast" message. now your anger pet will hit em whilst your lifetapping.

tbh tho they good for lvling but low lvl you get killed alot especially by 50's cause the pets hit everyone. they kill your pets then may leave you and a stealther has a field day on a animist with no power

oblimov

Luver of Buckfast
animist works well in rvr

just do your bombers and with life tap youll keep ur hps at decent level (as long as your not ganked)

you can also cast up a root shroom at the peeps to help peel them off other fellow hibs and your shooms also avoid breaking mezz

Bahumat

FH is my second home
yes but on pvp say your in goth your pets go mad and teh 50's will kill the pets hence you got no power.

need to find very good spots to put the pets but also safe......in goth the horse to wearyall ppl put them by the fort and necro's have released pet and die and and and

Taniko

Fledgling Freddie
IMO at lower lvl's they're not worth a dine. But, get em to 40ish lvl's and they'll start being pwnage due to pets getting that much stronger, that it's actually worth using yer entire power pool making darn pets. Though, in the hardcore pvp areas - you'll have a hard time solo. But animists.. They're fun.

Bugz

Fledgling Freddie
Bahumat said:
yes but on pvp say your in goth your pets go mad and teh 50's will kill the pets hence you got no power.

need to find very good spots to put the pets but also safe......in goth the horse to wearyall ppl put them by the fort and necro's have released pet and die and and and

did you say and?

Bellona

Banned
not to forget that animist is the only caster that also raises in con :D

fl3a

Can't get enough of FH
Bahumat said:
debuff will stop em casting, then they get the "blah blah you been hit cant cast" message

the only instant debuff that still interrupts is the chanter dps debuff. is the animist con debuff the chanter dps debuff? no it isnt. does it interrupt then? no it doesnt

please, stop giving advice if you dont know what you are talking about :)

Bahumat

FH is my second home
i found it did interupt maybe i was lucky but tbh if your gonna flame me prove im wrong instead of saying im wrong and being condesending. there is fact and opinion and your yet to prove its a fact!

Naewae

Fledgling Freddie
Not confirmed it on the PvP server yet against a human opponent but I can confirm the Str/Con debuff does interrupt PvE casters.

Bahumat

FH is my second home
anyways flea even if im wrong. i would rather receive some information than none at all. you could merely of corrected me if im wrong as opposed to being rude

Bahumat

FH is my second home
i was under teh impression your absorbtion factor determines if you cast through a spell/debuff.

altho you can be debuffed it does not neccesarily mean you wont also cast.

anyways not important naewae play what you want m8 if you like your animist then play him and have fun

Kicks

Fledgling Freddie
Im pretty sure str/con debuff don't interupt for the following reason, it would also put on a combat timer:

I was running on my NS from Bolg towards emain and I suddenly got str/con debuffed, I smacked stealth and avoided an alb fg that came over to where I was and starting looking for me. I couldn't have stealthed had I been in combat.

Alb str/con dont interupt at least, so why should others.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom