Animist Petition - would mythic listen ?

Zede

Part of the furniture
That is if enough people signed a petition, basically telling them to FIX animist mushrooms, and give them a serious nerf. I believe people power here can win.

Mythic has forced us to play the game around keeps, and yet they do nothing to fix the many issues surrounding mushrooms.

I know this is only a silly game, but I play the game to have fun. For 2/3 of the playing population, this one class RUINS the game for them.

I am prepared to put time and effort into this, to make sure everyone in alb knows about it.

I guess the usual FH hib posters will come here, and post inane and oh so whitty replies and comments.

Power to the People ! ( some Trolls and HOs too)

eble

Fledgling Freddie
I feel i've answered this before.

1) Mythic won't do anything, not a jot, (dont waste your time)
Mythic being a US company which supplies the Licence for DAOC to GOA wont listen to GOA customers. (not unless the Euro population was higher than the US) even then you have to get the French/German/Italian/Spanish servers all to agree that yes 'ani's' should be nerfed.

2) dont forget ani's were nerfed at start of NF, shroom limits, pets in area limits, pet health reduced

3) start a petition in the US and GL,

4) dont go near a twr/keep defended by shrooms unless you take an AOE mezzer with you.

Eble

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
eble said:
4) dont go near a twr/keep defended by shrooms unless you take an AOE mezzer with you.

Last time I tried to mezz untargettable shrooms I needed a target for them and they were not in view even I was right in front of them.

Contradicting, isn't it?

The solution for this is PBAoE and I refuse to roll a PBAoE based class like a wizzard with zero group utility or RvR a Heretic to RR5 to be any decent and log such a char on purpose while someone is exploiting bugs to gain an advantage.

eble

Fledgling Freddie
You will probably be gald to hear we dont have 100's of active rvr ani's on excal hib it'll work itself out.

The only time i"ve seen ani's in numbers was when we were defending the relic and even then I couldn't shroom, cos of all the chanters pets/droods pets/ments pets and the few ani's with pets up.

Eble

Straef

Can't get enough of FH
Personally think the worst thing about shrooms is the 'delay', like when you jump into a tower at 50% they still manage to nuke you to death through the doors/walls etc. :x Wouldn't hurt for mythic to at least fix that, not asking them to remove/nerf em or whatever, but when you run out of range/dive into water/enter a tower they just keep on nuking, which is rather anoying ;x

Puppet

Part of the furniture
I can't believe this. You want to NERF animists even more? Let's flag abit:

* Shroom limit introduced; 15 shrooms max. Theurgist doesnt have this limit.

* HP of shrooms already drastically reduced to an absolute minimum (bluecon mobs 3-shot a shroom).

* Animists can spec for 1 offensive DD (arboreal spec) but they cannot use this in keepfights.

Considering the whine is about keepfights, what nerf do you want to do ? How about we dont allow wizards to use bolt and spec-DD in keeps, thats the CURRENT situation with Arboreal Animists in keeps.

And you got the frigging idea to NERF them even more?!

The only TWO things working at the moment on animists in keepfights are:

a) Level 45 baseline lifetap (lolzor m8)
b) FnF shrooms.

Fix the bugs PLEASE, yes.

Bloodclot

Banned
more nerf HIBS topic plz zede!!! you can better then this

instead of using skill ingame, use skill on forums.

Zede

Part of the furniture
Puppet said:

* HP of shrooms already drastically reduced to an absolute minimum (bluecon mobs 3-shot a shroom).

* Animists can spec for 1 offensive DD (arboreal spec) but they cannot use this in keepfights.

Considering the whine is about keepfights, what nerf do you want to do ? How about we dont allow wizards to use bolt and spec-DD in keeps, thats the CURRENT situation with Arboreal Animists in keeps.

b) FnF shrooms.

well yes thats it really, fix the bugs.

you know id love to see shrooms removed altogether, and replaced by some slow moving high hp plant that spits out acid or something, Im sure someone can come up with some good ideas !

Arakasi01

Fledgling Freddie
Only thing that would really help is that a person can only be attacked by a specific amount of mushrooms, its the insta death by 100 shrooms that piss people off.

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
Well, it isnt worth whining about. We all know that Mythic are a bunch of hib / mid lovers. Im most certain they play mid / hib with other aliases ;P. Thats why they pump up the realms they play in. :kissit:

Ixu

Loyal Freddie
(not going to show reply of Puppets' post but it's xtra for it)

to continue this...
I read the Animist TL post from coming bugfixes on ani's and those things what would really help the class too. Some parts I was "pulling my hair out" as anis' TL mentoned not to.
Let's see meights...
Animists’ only option for nuking in a keep siege is the basline lifetap. Unfortunately, there is no 50th level version of this spell (Animists are the only caster with no 50th level baseline nuke), so Animists must deal with increased resists as a result.
No - Design Decision <--- having fun yet?

Neither the baseline single target root nor the spec AE root should ever have been on bombers. The extra, sometimes massive, even indefinite delays caused by bombers cause targets to be rooted long after they needed to be. Crowd control is all about speed, root most of all.
No changes planned- Design Decision <--- great imo.. mage w/o cc r0xx0r b0xx0rs (and I mean it's NO cc cause it's almost useless to cast those)

And you guys WHAJN that animist kills with pets what are nerfed alot already. Yes I agree that pets have the damn LoS bug... I think mythic would just answer this: "Pathing issues are constantly being improved."

Oh... and what comes to pets:
Pets still steal RPs in RvR.
No plans to change this at this time. <--- average 10-16 pets on spot... yeah I have seen the great arpees getting from target...not.
Ofc it's RP's but ~400rp (what is the loss on full shroomed target) would be lovely to get.
/counter-whine off

who wanna see the whole thing
From: http://www.drunkenfriar.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=3932
see the avatar... should explane all from ani :(

Jeriraa

Fledgling Freddie
It was said a couple of times and I'll say it again:

Animists need a fix, not a nerf!

The problem is not the number of shrroms. The problem is not the hitpoints of shrooms. The problem are the assholes who keep summoning them to places where we cant do fuck all about them!
No, not even pbae can hit them!

So what can Mythic do? 1st of all I dont believe that the animists who summon them do not know they are invincible! They are exploiting a bug and they are doing it 100% on purpose.
Mythic should give shrooms the name tag of the person who summoned them. That way we can at least report the cheaters.

2nd, they have to investigate the issue. It cant be all that hard. My guess would be that the "node" thats used to calculate LOS is located a few units to low on the shroom model and therefore drops below the ground when you summon to certain places.
If thats the case the solution is easy. Move the node slightly upwards until the invincible shrroms have disappeared from the battlefields.

Ixu

Loyal Freddie
The LoS bug has been unfixed like hmm.. when daoc actually came ?
(i.e. guards,mobs,pets... and seems the pets are coming in discussion now?!)
and you really expect something to happen? :(

oh what I'm talkin about.. remove FnF turrents from RvR already and hib will got 1 useless mage, and don't forget to remove baseline stun from hib mages... GIVE EM SNARE.. I see 2x things there what never gonna happen. :twak:

keep trying .. someday it will happen :eek:

Roadie

Fledgling Freddie
Puppet said:

b) FnF shrooms.

we dont want the class nerfed (unless they dont fix the actual issues that cause the whine)

we want the bugs surrounding them fixed, its one thing to shroom from fop to defend a keep so the defender take massive dammage when they come into the open/the area of shroomage.

Its another fo these shrooms to be impossiable to target and to nuke you even when you arnt in their los.

would also like to see the bugs harming animalists fixed to ofc so they can use their most powerfull dd etc in keeps.

current situation is just lame :<

Jeriraa

Fledgling Freddie
Ixu said:
The LoS bug has been unfixed like hmm.. when daoc actually came ?
(i.e. guards,mobs,pets... and seems the pets are coming in discussion now?!)
and you really expect something to happen? :(

Then problem then was having LOS when we shouldnt have it.
The problem now is not having LOS when we should.

Roadie

Fledgling Freddie
Roadie said:
we dont want the class nerfed (unless they dont fix the actual issues that cause the whine)

we want the bugs surrounding them fixed, its one thing to shroom from fop to defend a keep so the defender take massive dammage when they come into the open/the area of shroomage.

Its another fo these shrooms to be impossiable to target and to nuke you even when you arnt in their los.

would also like to see the bugs harming animalists fixed to ofc so they can use their most powerfull dd etc in keeps.

current situation is just lame :<

im pretty sure im not the only member of the **i didnt read puppets post to the end** club xD

i can be so foolish ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom