Animist in RvR?

Adari

Part of the furniture
Hey,

I've recently started playing my animist again in PvE to help someone level haehehe and I got very interested in properly trying this in (mostly solo I guess) RvR.

So I tried!

However,

I suck.

I'd greatly appreciate any good advice from all those RvRing animists out there on what to do in RvR ( I don't really just wanna shroom though) and any spec suggestions are welcome too (I'm verdant for PvE atmo :S didn't think arb was better for PvE).

sphir

Fledgling Freddie
i agree on verd is the best pve spec, and arb as the rvr spec.

as a arb animist you use your bombers and its gonna hurt if you get 3-4 stacked on a target and you start lifetapping while bombs hitting aswell

try to get as high spellpiercing and spelldamage ofc, as on any other mage.

might be a good idea to fire a debuff spirit before unleaching the artillery only tried it out a bit :)

there are alot of great animists out there like horely goldenleaf and some others :)

scorge

Fledgling Freddie
If you solo only real place to go is bridges and towers, open field combat is pretty dire, unless you can seed the area with shrooms before hand, I have enjoyed taking my animist out solo it can be fun, if i see you in game will duo with you with one of my toons if your alone and need a bit of fun.

:m00:

liloe

It's my birthday today!
I wouldn't debuff bomber tbh, as the damage you deal with the bomber is not good and varies a lot and only gives 5% debuff for all this work.

Arboreal animists can deal lots of damage....if people don't run away from bombers or hide somewhere, cause bombers are like pets, LOS isn't enough to cast, you need a travel way to the place and sometimes it sux hard.

Ixu

Loyal Freddie
Played my ani to rr6L6 in pryd/hib (verd now for arti/pl coz makin ns)
I would say .. I liked playing a arb ani at rvr... got best laughs when standing up bridgetower and some alb down there at keep comes to spellrange and starts beckon&dance... suddenly he runned like hell when he saw like 7 bombers heading at him as they go bit weird route (stairs -> bridge) :D
but enough for that heh :p

ok it sux if you goto open field .. only thing you got is lvl 45 LT :(
and another thing what I curse a bit is that they can outrun my bombers with sprint. As they reach the target they just starts to /stick rather than blowing up.
Gotta say animist is roughly made to camp if pld solo... ofc it got nice advantage in groups (if they get one :( ) cause healers can't overheal the dmg that 3-4 bombers+LT makes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom