Animist how does it work with tank pet

blejs

Loyal Freddie
What pets affect the pet? Do acuity,dex/qui,dex help the pet anyway when its in melee mode? Or does it increase the speed i am able to cast pbaoe with verdant specc? Do acuity help the pbaoe do any dmg?

Haste does it help? :)

blejs

Loyal Freddie
and btw, do mastery of focus help the pbaoe spells that tank pet do?

Llewellynn

Fledgling Freddie
Presumably you're asking what buffs affect the verdant-spec Animist pet. It's a tank, so Acuity doesn't affect it, as far as I know. Dex/qui does, as does Dex - it increases the pet's attack speed.

The pet-based pbaoe is cast by you and relayed by the pet. I believe the casting speed of the pet-based pbaoe has more to do with your casting speed and when the pet finishes its current action than anything else. A two-minute test will tell you. Acuity on the pet is unlikely to improve the damage, but again, test that. Haste on the pet should work, but again, test. You may bang your head on an attack speed cap.

Mastery of Focus - since you're actually casting the pet-based pbaoe spell and the pet is only relaying it, I think that MoF should work for that spell. However, anything the pet itself casts (like the one it uses to pull) will probably not be affected.

Chrstffr

Fledgling Freddie
all buffs and the higher delve aswell add to better abs on pet

Eredrin

Fledgling Freddie
yes even d/q buffs increases abs on pet, atleast a d/q debuff decreases a mobs abs :)

liloe

It's my birthday today!
I did some tests lately when I hit with my bot on my ani pet and this is what I found out:

s/c and d/q have MAJOR impact on the pet's absorb

con+dex have minor impact on absorb and pet seemed to cast a little faster with dex

af impacts absorb, but I'd say it's minor aswell

haste seemed to do nothing at all

Str increased pets damage and especially decreased the variance in dmg ( very strange I thought )

Now to the int buff, which was strangest to me. I did quite a lot of shots on my druid and my feeling was, that int buff gives higher damage, but it increases the variance again, which was pretty strange.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom