Crap And we wonder why they take back handers?

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
If they would take back handers at 19k they'll still take them at 23k.

And being a millionaire doesn't stop millionaires, does it?

Poag

m00?
If they would take back handers at 19k they'll still take them at 23k.

And being a millionaire doesn't stop millionaires, does it?
OK the title was slightly tongue in cheek :p

Still, a £4k starting salary cut, hardly going to be attracting the creame of the crop are they?

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Still, a £4k starting salary cut, hardly going to be attracting the creame of the crop are they?

Plod doesn't need to be cream of the crop. Plod needs to be, in his heart, a jackbooted authoritarian cunt who gets off on telling people what to do - if he's going to enjoy his job that is.

Poag

m00?
Ok, i see Scouse is in the usual well worn groove ;)

Subject matter thrown out, in with the hyperbole!

Nvm then, close the thread. Jupitus

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Yeah, bit better then, but still bad for those in training. If it's just for completely new people(including training) then it's fine as they know what they're getting into. The pay wasn't high enough to bring people in for the money anyway, so it's a calling job.

dysfunction

FH is my second home
old.Tohtori said:
Is that retroactive? Because a £300 cut / month is ridiculous.

It's probably only for new starters but it's still a huge cut in salary.

I would not think it's worth joining the police at that salary. I guess that's what they are hoping for.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Ok, i see Scouse is in the usual well worn groove ;)

OK. I'll take it seriously :)

Plod, i.e. the low rank-and-file police officer, doesn't need to be "the cream of the crop". The "cream" would certainly find their job unrewarding, undemanding and unfulfilling - leading to a frustrating life of misery.

The cream know this - and would also know that a life running a business, or being a top-class lawyer, would be more interesting, stimulating and challenging - and bring them more financial reward and happiness than being a cop could ever. The cream may be interested in running the police force - but not much else.

And they would certainly never take a starting salary of £23k - so the drop in salary is immaterial.

That's the point about "cream" dealt with. Now the rest:

The point about recruits to Ploddery needing an authoritarian streak a mile wide is, IMO, not just a joke - it's true. You have to enjoy telling people what to do to take enjoyment from that job. You deal with scum all day - absolutely retarded, frustraiting to even be near, highly uncooperative scum. Even if you were a good-level graduate it doesn't take long before you sink to their level slightly.

One of my best friends at University, one of the nicest people I'd ever met - would never say boo to a goose, miraculously decided to join the police force on leaving Uni. After 12 months he was dismayed, no distraught, at the level of bigotry and bias found in his colleagues. They used to tool around in the police van in Leeds looking for a fight. If they could see trouble brewing they'd wait for it to break out (rather than prevent it calmly) and then wade in, bosh a few heads, make a few arrests. Oh! The lulz.

I wondered whether he'd quit. It was touch and go for a while. But he wasn't a coward or one to give up easily so he didn't. What he did do, over a period of a couple of years, was he sank to their level to "fit in". And he slowly and inexorably became one of the biggest cunts on the planet.

He now doesn't see a problem with any of the things that he previously abhored. He likes to earn his wad. Twat the scum. Get a bit fighty and refuses to discuss things on the intellectual level he was always very capable of - because if he actually did that he'd realise he would now hate himself.

Which I think he does, deep down.

Edit: And rightly so, IMO. He no longer dispences justice. He (admits to) wilfully ignoring the realities and subtleties of situations because he doesn't want to engage people properly - he just wants to hit his targets and get paid. He gives zero fuck about "the people" any more.

gohan

FH is my second home
- he just wants to hit his targets and get paid.
This, in a nutshell, is the biggest problem for any companies.

Fucking targets!!!
How can the police and NHS have targets? They are services, stats should be recored but never targeted, targets only lead to unnecisarry pressure to do the wrong thing in order to hit them, then if caught doing said wrong thing (which is secretly encouraged nudgenudgewinkwink) you'll get hung out to dry.

That's why banks and insurances have such massive cases against them all the time for misselling, nothing to do with greedy individuals at a selling level trying to make a quick bit of commision, everything to do with being told you have to meet the customers needs (Obviously they need a loan with ppi and a credit card and a mortgage and an account upgrade) but then being targeted on what products you have to sell

so it gets to 4pm on friday and you still need 1 loan, your next 3 customers are all old and minted so don't 'need' a loan but you're encouraged to force them to take one anyway, unless you get caught. Then you weren't selling to their needs and will get suspended/fired whatever.

Saw this happen so often in then bank and it's pretty much the whole reason I just upped and quit, I point blank refused to missell and would have constant arguments with management about it, who I'm fairly sure actaully believed the bull shit they were spewing, that's the more worrying part.

rynnor

Rockhound
No policeman ever takes home their basic salary anyway - its all about the overtime baby!

The army pays a shedload less but they dont seem to struggle to find people?

dysfunction

FH is my second home
rynnor said:
No policeman ever takes home their basic salary anyway - its all about the overtime baby!

The army pays a shedload less but they dont seem to struggle to find people?

Don't the army give you a place to stay and pay your food and electric bills though?

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
They don't need to...

Not the Tories greatest moment.

mr.Blacky

Can't get enough of FH
I do find it funny in a way that they are talking about a pay cut for the police but politicians think that a 32% wage increase would be deserved..

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom