And the first new race is...

freakyphil

Fledgling Freddie
PRESS RELEASE
MYTHIC ENTERTAINMENT SERVES UP SOME "CATACOMBS" CONCEPT ART

Early Images Provide an Introduction to "Dark Age of Camelot's" Underground Kobold City

FAIRFAX, VA – AUGUST 12, 2004 - Mythic Entertainment today released concept art for their upcoming "Dark Age of Camelot" expansion, "Catacombs." The art focuses on the Kobolds, one of "Dark Age of Camelot's" underground races. The images include concept art for the evil Kobolds' structures, the Kobold main city, the forge, Kobold furniture, and Kobold mine carts. Detailed information on the art, and an introduction to the Kobolds, is included below.

About Kobold Concept Art
Evil Kobold Camp - Like the other underground races in "Dark Age of Camelot," the Kobolds find themselves under siege by twisted versions of themselves, and their great underground city is in danger of being occupied. This art represents some of the structures these evil Kobolds build when they camp.

Kobold Cave - This is the hub of the recently-revealed Kobold city, situated in one massive cavern. It is one of the more ambitious "rooms" built yet for "Dark Age of Camelot," and an example of the many expansive underground areas that players can explore in "Catacombs."

Kobold Spire Entrance - This is the entrance to the town hall area of the Kobold city. Inside, players will find all of the merchants and guides they need to explore the world of "Catacombs."

Kobold Main Forge - The forge is where players will be able to bring a new, rare mineral from the Kobold mines that can be traded for special gameplay-enhancing objects.

Kobold Furniture - The "Catacombs" artists have made a concerted effort to give the underground Kobold society a distinctive look, and here you can see basic furniture concepts.

Kobold Mine Cart - In an interesting twist on the horse-route system used above-ground, Kobold mine carts will allow players to easily travel through the mine system of the Kobold world. In addition to providing new adventuring areas, the mines also connect the new "Catacombs" areas with existing dungeons. The mine carts can also provide safe passage through dangerous areas for lower-level players.

About "Dark Age of Camelot: Catacombs"
"Catacombs" is an expansion pack for "Dark Age of Camelot" in which players are given the opportunity to explore underground cities – with attached adventuring areas – based on the backstory of one underground player race per Realm. Many of these new adventures will be instanced, giving the player the chance to explore the underground world of "Catacombs" on their own schedule. The expansion features a major art upgrade to player character models that provides more detailed facial features, hairstyles, skin tones as well as enhanced armor and clothing options. The expansion also introduces one new player class per Realm.

# # #

Escape

Can't get enough of FH
Kobold Main Forge - The forge is where players will be able to bring a new, rare mineral from the Kobold mines that can be traded for special gameplay-enhancing objects.

So this is how the expansion will imbalance the game :p

Has potential though oO

Alithiel

Fledgling Freddie
freakyphil said:
Guess we'll be waiting for the next version of the SC Calculator then... :(

Klonk

One of Freddy's beloved
"Gameplay-enhancing" could also mean something making the roleplaying part of daoc better, like a special cloak, or an actual torch for use in dungeons, etc.. or?

Eroa

Banned
Klonk said:
"Gameplay-enhancing" could also mean something making the roleplaying part of daoc better, like a special cloak, or an actual torch for use in dungeons, etc.. or?

Dubt it, most likley some new leet items that you need to do alot of pve to get.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Mine carts sound like fun, can't be a nice rollcoaster ride :D

Svartmetall

Great Unclean One
Eroa said:
Dubt it, most likley some new leet items that you need to do alot of pve to get.

OH NOES! PvE in a MMORPG! THE SKY IS FALLING!!!!!11one111!!!

Exile

Banned
It's sounds like the plot of some bad 1950s sci-fi show to me, think twilight zone. Like where they hunt an 'evil' twin and realise that the twin they thought was good was really the evil one all along. I bet evil Kobolds are fine gentlemen that like nothing more than to smoke their pipes and fluff their beards.

Svartmetall

Great Unclean One
Exile said:
It's sounds like the plot of some bad 1950s sci-fi show to me, think twilight zone. Like where they hunt an 'evil' twin and realise that the twin they thought was good was really the evil one all along. I bet evil Kobolds are fine gentlemen that like nothing more than to smoke their pipes and fluff their beards.

Sounds like Hobbits. Hobbits are OK. Can we make them like Ewoks? Killing Ewoks would be good. I hate the bastards.

NetNifty

Fledgling Freddie
Thought we were getting new classes, not new races? :p I would guess Evil Kobolds will be like the seal exchanging demons in DF - NPCs that exchange items for drops.

Spix

Fledgling Freddie
Downanael said:
So when we see EVIL lurikeens and EVIL inconnus.

Go emain, swarms of evil Luris and evul iconnus there often close to atk they can be spotted 24/7

Exile

Banned
Kobolds, Lurikeens and Inconnu are evil already, aren't they? I mean, Kobolds are bandits who a renowned for their cruelty, Inconnu are mysterious semi-undead souls working for the God of the Underworld and Lurikeens, well, you ever been stabbed by a Nightshade and tell me they aren't bastards?

Eroa

Banned
zzz at ppl. Kobolds are evil, not evil kobolds, thats what they mean. They are just making a own town for them now.

Morchaoron

Fledgling Freddie
time to start farming the next generation uberdrops with 10 stats instead of 6 zzzzzzzzzz

Anastasia

Can't get enough of FH
Svartmetall said:
OH NOES! PvE in a MMORPG! THE SKY IS FALLING!!!!!11one111!!!

Change the record please, we've all heard this one (a lot).

NeonBlue

Fledgling Freddie
Eroa said:
aye! finaly some new PvE!!!!

aye havent had any for ages !

infact its been that long...we havent had any new PvE since hmmm let me think....oh yeah TOA

/sarcasm off

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom