And so.. 1.79 Begins with an a-version

Shike

Can't get enough of FH
Here are the notes on Pendragon. PLEASE NOTE: There are other notes pertaining to the expansion, and the patch is large since Darkness Rising is in closed beta. If you are one of the 200 players who were added today, please note that we are fixing the horse summoning problem as I type this. It should be all right by 8:00 PM EDT. If you were supposed to be in the beta and you are not, make sure that you've checked your spam folder for the invitation, and be sure that your account is Catacombs-enabled before posting on the Pendragon board.

The test is currently only for our Pendragon regulars who registered with us. There will be a sign up sheet soon for other phases of the beta test, so stay tuned :)

===================================

Dark Age of Camelot
Test Version 1.79a Release Notes
Epic Revisions
August 24, 2005

===================================

NEW THINGS AND BUG FIXES

- The /use2 abilities for Ceremonial Bracers and Gem of Lost Memories now have proper delve information.

- Players under the effect of zombie resurrection can't be the target of focus shell spells.

- Monster spell abilities now only print a message if the spell is successfully cast.

- Purge 1 will be cancelled if the player dies while the 5 second timer is waiting to fire.

- The level 50 class titles will now once again display in the character sheet (as opposed to showing a lower level title).

CAMELOT CLASSIC WORLD NOTES

Darkness Falls

- Molochian tempters have begun to plague various passages once again.

- Various mid level demon lords and nobility have begun demonstrating different abilities.

Epic Quests - Hibernia

New epic quests have been added to the game for all Hibernian classes. Players will be able to obtain these quests at five level intervals beginning at level 5 and continuing through level 45. At the beginning, players will find that their quests are specific to their class' Path, but they will converge at higher levels with all Hibernians sharing a common final quest. Players should speak to their trainers in Tir na Nog to begin the new quest series.

Epic Quests - Albion

New epic quests have been added to the game for all Albion classes. Players will be able to obtain these quests at five level intervals beginning at level 5 and continuing through level 45. At the beginning, players will find that their quests are specific to their class' Path, but they will converge at higher levels with all of Albion sharing a common final quest. Players should speak to their trainers in Camelot to begin the new quest series.

Epic Quests - Midgard

New epic quests have been added to the game for all Midgard classes. Players will be able to obtain these quests at five level intervals beginning at level 5 and continuing through level 45. At the beginning, players will find that their quests are specific to their class' Path, but they will converge at higher levels with all of Midgard sharing a common final quest. Players should speak to their trainers in Jordheim to begin the new quest series.

Epic Quests - General

The new Epic Quest armor received at level 45 will not lose durability as they are repaired, similar to the artifacts although at a lesser cost. The armor must be taken to a NPC smith for repair and cannot be repaired by crafters. Epic armor received from the original epic quests will continue to be repairable by crafters and will lose durability.

TRIALS OF ATLANTIS WORLD NOTES

Volcanus Encounters

- Taur warlords have been given an immunity timer on their Clouded Mind spell.

CATACOMBS WORLD NOTES

Items

- The Malevolent Darkspire Flute, Malevolent Darkspire Lute, and Malevolent Darkspire Drum are all now tinted blue, rather than their base wood color.

- Darkspire weapons should now all be set to the appropriate 16.5 DPS.

NEW FRONTIERS WORLD NOTES

Items

- Players may now recharge Slyther's Eye, Slyther's Tooth, and Slyther's Scale.

COOPERATIVE SERVER

Frontiers

- Caer Benowyc: General Etron will summon less shards than before. The shards of Etron are no longer immune to magic. Various "too far to hit" bugs within the keep have been fixed in addition to other tweaks.

Fana

Fledgling Freddie
Will be interesting to see stats on the new epic armour - supposedly they are going to boost them to be more competative in todays rvr climate, although im guessing they wont make them so good that people wont need other armour to be on the cutting edge. Im guessing they will get procs as a first step, and maybe some minor ToA bonuses (melee speed, casting speed, some statcaps etc). Would be nice if they were good enough to be used while you are completing your proper template.

Shike

Can't get enough of FH
Fana said:
Will be interesting to see stats on the new epic armour - supposedly they are going to boost them to be more competative in todays rvr climate, although im guessing they wont make them so good that people wont need other armour to be on the cutting edge. Im guessing they will get procs as a first step, and maybe some minor ToA bonuses (melee speed, casting speed, some statcaps etc). Would be nice if they were good enough to be used while you are completing your proper template.

I hope they are thought through thats all... IE, SB get uberversion while hunters get total shit.. and stuff like that.

Its all under NDA atm i think so it will take alil while until SS's reach us but i am curios.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
the new epic armour's on pendragon, it's not part of Darkness Rising so there's no NDA about it.

If you check bainshee epic armour it's got different stats to the usual lot - I imagine the new epics for the other classes will be similar, perhaps not.

Zedenz

Can't get enough of FH
Epics!!! :D

Word on the street was that you could in fact trade in your old epic and receive a by to the latter epic quests?

Shike

Can't get enough of FH
Flimgoblin said:
the new epic armour's on pendragon, it's not part of Darkness Rising so there's no NDA about it.

If you check bainshee epic armour it's got different stats to the usual lot - I imagine the new epics for the other classes will be similar, perhaps not.

yea I just read it, very nice, will try and get on with it on pend to check it out :)

UndyingAngel

Can't get enough of FH
Fana said:

ill post the warlock epic l8er when I have finished

I was helping a Friend do the Thane epic on pendragon today and a lot of the new stuff is instanced ie you will do to a place kill a mob and then be ported or have to use an item and be ported to a instance :)

UndyingAngel

Can't get enough of FH
nerf not being able to edit after 10min

I have to say the level 40 instance in doing at the mo is very long :) but good fun then again the thane is AE pulling and im bombing lol

Aiteal

Can't get enough of FH
Shike said:
Players under the effect of zombie resurrection can't be the target of focus shell spells.

About fuckin time :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom