And people wonder why religion is seen as a pile of wank?

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
People see what they want to see. I do, but i never believe in it :( I wish i did.

tris-

Failed Geordie and Parmothief
It does resemble a bearded man.

However, I think this is more to do with the brain being unable to distinguish objects in some cases and applying the same idea to seperate impressions.
Theyve clearly got an impression of Jesus in their mind and their brain may find it difficult to distuingish between different impressions and group them in to one overall impression.
Then again i could of completley misunderstood the David Hulme book ive been reading!

Cerb

I am a FH squatter
Some people are just idiots...you cant exactly brand everyone in a religion becasuse of one family's stupidity surey?

tris-

Can you explain why these people are idiots?

Im pretty sure they are not saying Jesus lives in their lid. They seem to be saying the impression of the smear resembles that of depictions of Jesus.

Cerb

I am a FH squatter
Idiots or crazy (a term whcih bugs used), either way i dont think its fair to brand everyone in a religion because of one family's belif that they say jesus in a marmite lid...oh and even if they are just saying they saw the image of jesus why does that make all christians crazy?

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
Can you explain why these people are idiots?

Im pretty sure they are not saying Jesus lives in their lid. They seem to be saying the impression of the smear resembles that of depictions of Jesus.

Then they go onto say that they feel jesus is watching over them because they saw his image in the lid of a jar of fucking yeast extract

Bugz

Fledgling Freddie
'fuckin crazy christians' is directed at that individual family - I'm not extending it to the whole of Christianity so apologies for that!

And yes - if you read the article - they see that image of Jesus as a symbol of him watching over them - as if God decided to mould his sons' face into the lid of a jar of marmite to express his power & so on.

megadave

I am a FH squatter
jesus_dog_ass.jpg

Yes, it's an arsehole.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Its not an arsehole, its a very naughty boy!

tris-

Idiots or crazy (a term whcih bugs used), either way i dont think its fair to brand everyone in a religion because of one family's belif that they say jesus in a marmite lid...oh and even if they are just saying they saw the image of jesus why does that make all christians crazy?

Whoops I read your post as saying all Christians are crazy!

And yes - if you read the article - they see that image of Jesus as a symbol of him watching over them - as if God decided to mould his sons' face into the lid of a jar of marmite to express his power & so on.

That does not make them stupid though. If their belief allows for a God to exist, and that this God can manipulate events in their life, then it is not impossible that their belief would allow a God to put a face in the lid. We cannot prove whgats right either way but it is a concievable idea and therfore completley possible!

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
I seen jesus in a piece of shit once, does that mean I can sell it on ebay for thousands?

Bugz

Fledgling Freddie
That does not make them stupid though. If their belief allows for a God to exist, and that this God can manipulate events in their life, then it is not impossible that their belief would allow a God to put a face in the lid. We cannot prove whgats right either way but it is a concievable idea and therfore completley possible!

I never said they were stupid - just crazy & stuff ;)

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
That image is not jesus. Jesus was black, and a woman.

Rulke

Can't get enough of FH
Marmite Jesus only seems silly to us because it doesnt have 2000 years of custom and tradition to validate it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom