And it’s goodbye from me …

O

old.Ashgen

Since my return from holiday I have had very little compunction to play DAoC. Yes I have been online, played a little RvR, zerged or be zerged, and logged off soon after.

After 5 level 50’s I have no desire to level at the moment, so as RvR is all there is after levelling, and RvR being zerg or be zerged … I guess it’s time to take a break.

I will not “sell” or giveaway my accounts, as you never know what is around the corner, but except for an odd “look” into the world of DAoC, I am afraid the spell is broken for the time being.

I would like to say goodbye to all those I have crossed paths with. We have, after all, we had some great fun along the way. There are far too many to mention … but you know who you are.

The days of the Knights Who Say … Ni! will never be recaptured I fear. As Wildfire mentioned the other week, the fun was had being accepted into your first “ponies” group and marvelling at the XP, getting in to a “twees group” at level 42 and feeling very honoured, the gobies before then and the ability to chain and die repeated deaths laughing your socks off as the whole hill chases you across Lyon …

For me the spell crafted armour and swords etc. have taken away a very big part of the game, organised guild item hunts etc. Looking back it was that that I miss, I remember getting my Frenzied shield and thinking how privileged I was, but now it’s just junk.

I had hoped that Trials of Atlantis would have brought more to the table in terms of RvR, but it is PvE I understand … yes with the ability to gain “skills” maybe, but still PvE. RvR is the “difference” in this game, and for me to carry on playing a lot more has to be done with RvR. Otherwise the game will wane away like so many before it.

Finally, just a note to say that one of my boys plays this game, and while he has his own level 50, Shimynor, he may from time to time play my characters too … especially the cleric (for obvious reasons).

So it’s goodbye from me, at least for the time being.

Take care and have fun.

Regards

Ashgen

:cheers:

A

Ambulance

Have fun Ash and pop your head in now and again to say hello

D

dimerian

Cya mate,mebbe try some new realm in prydwen to get that spirit back? :)

R

Rossco

Take care mate, say hullo when you pop in from time to time, and hope you find something you enjoy as much as you used to enjoy DAoC

C

~Clarky~

i remember grouping with you at trees with your arms ..
best luck in rl mate :D

O

old.LandShark

Well, there's always the promised free RvR enhancement to look forward to, although as we have absolutely no details about it at the moment, it's hardly worth staying around for :rolleyes:

Good luck to you.

M

Motowntheta

Bye dude, hope the RvR expansion brings you back sometime next year ;)

F

Fagane

Bye, I'll miss you...

Can not agre more on the SC isue, it ruind the game.

O

old.Wildfire

It's a great shame to see you go mate after all this time. You're right - the days of Ni were some of the best.

Stick around on BW and stay in touch - this is after all free :) Maybe even stop by #thebrethren on quakenet sometime.

Lets hope the RvR expansion brings something good.

regards,
Wildfire

E

elbeek

Bah, one of the leicester posse leaves :(

Gl m8

E

Eporunner

BB ash , it's a pity you leave so soon after you dinged your infi
Good luck and i'm sure we'll see you back after some weeks/months

B

Brynn

cya pal. It was an honour knowin ya :) Hope you will still stay about on the boards.

S

silvertrek

Missed this one

Goodbye, you were one of the good guys in the game, always on hand to lend a helping hand.

Good luck and maybe see you soon?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom