And god said "Let there be Flash!" And the flash was good!

Revz

Fledgling Freddie
It is a step in the right direction but the herald is still the old flash version (this is the part that needed to be changed above all else) and some pages on the new site don't work in Firefox :mad:

[GOA]Erivoss

[GOA] Official type person
yes the Chronicals will be updated after we patch to NF as NF brings a lot of new functionality for the chronicals.

Yes some pages don't work with non-IE browsers and that is being worked on atm.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Ye but I still have to reduce my security settings from maxed out, the only safe way to surf.
Is html dead and buried?
You know the old days..links..pictures encoded in html, no fuckin scriptds active components, every single one of them an open door to your hardrive.

Shrye

One of Freddy's beloved
Why does GOA insist on keep using flash, especially for the absolute necessary functions (like subscription)? I personally find it redundant, all this graphics which I couldn't care less about after the first time I've seen it, and would rather take a very basic website which'd (down)load fast so I can get on with what I actually wanted to do (check news or pay my subs).

Revz

Fledgling Freddie
[GOA]Erivoss said:
yes the Chronicals will be updated after we patch to NF as NF brings a lot of new functionality for the chronicals.

That sounds great. Will we get master levels in the XML then?

Draylor

Part of the furniture
Nope, the flash was NOT good.

As before its flash for the sake of it: not because its needed. The slowness is nothing to do with 56k users and loading times - its the worthless animations.

Wait for silly animations, pick your option, wait for pointless animations, click next option. BLEH!

Its obvious from the other thread the majority dont agree with me: but I find the new site to be significantly worse than the original

Nax

Fledgling Freddie
very nice site! but flash ain't that good.. :/
but an extremly nice site :clap:

Chilly

Balls of steel
waste of money, bandwidth, time and patience using flash, not to mention the site is utter shit unless you happen to use microsoft's awful browser.

remi

Fledgling Freddie
Chilly said:
waste of money, bandwidth, time and patience using flash, not to mention the site is utter shit unless you happen to use microsoft's awful browser.

works great in mozilla. such flash-fetish goa have xD

Ballard

Fledgling Freddie
Maybe DAOC should revert to a text based MUD, that would satisfy all you technophobes.

or maybe they are aiming for a bigger market space that the 'nerdcosm' that we represent.

Teh FnoRd

Fledgling Freddie
Eroa said:
I so hate flash sites, they should be all removed tbh
Oh no... someone hates it... gotta remove it... come on guys. chop chop! remove it now. :touch:
Imo It looks good and the flash stuff is not annoying or disturbing in any other way.

Fatbelly

Fledgling Freddie
fire the flash-guy and hire someone who can translate the small amounts of text thats in the completely working patches in less than 6 months.

Eroa

Banned
Teh FnoRd said:
Oh no... someone hates it... gotta remove it... come on guys. chop chop! remove it now. :touch:
Imo It looks good and the flash stuff is not annoying or disturbing in any other way.

Flash is nothing but annoying, looks like crap and takes ages to get to where you want(if you manage to find where to click to get to where you want)

fortunefish

Banned
Flash is nothing but annoying, looks like crap and takes ages to get to where you want(if you manage to find where to click to get to where you want)

go back to america /patriot

Teh FnoRd

Fledgling Freddie
Eroa said:
Loads fast enough for me, I have no trouble finding what to click. Am I gifted? ;)
And it looks good imo. ^^

Sarnat

Fledgling Freddie
[GOA]Erivoss said:

What the hell? Someone at GOA wrote this? Erivoss must be on drugs!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom