Anatomy for Beginners.

Trem

Not as old as he claims to be!
Put this in general because, erm, because it was cool and stuff....man!

Did any of you watch this last night? It is really in my head now. It was so strange and quite business like the way that geezer went about the carving.

There were points in it where I couldn't look at anything other than the bodies testicles hanging there like conkers.

Very good and interesting program and the slices of brain made me peckish :(

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Trem said:
There were points in it where I couldn't look at anything other than the bodies testicles hanging there like conkers. Made me peckish :(

All time mis-quote? :p

tris-

Failed Geordie and Parmothief
yeh i watched that, it was pretty interesting tbh. i think tonight its about the heart, lung and blood vessels.

Insane

Wait... whatwhat?
on a side note:

tris, change you fucking avatar before someone has a fit or something. :eek:

L_Plates

Fledgling Freddie
Yeh i watched it aswell. Just found it hard to stop thinking that body once had a soul and when they sliced the brain it was like all of someones memories was in there. I know the owner has long since gone it was just wierd to see them chopping away.

But saying that NOTE TO SELF C4 23:05 :)

Hansmoleman

Fledgling Freddie
i found it creepy the way they just put the skin on a few hooks etc afterwards, but what are they guna do with the slices of the guys body? just bury them as they are or?

Furr

Can't get enough of FH
it was interesting to see , though i couldnt help but feel that the underlying idea from channel 4 was to show something controversial or taboo to provoke a response under the guise of science. But then it is something we all seem to have a morbid fascination for and its not much different than what goes on in med schools everyday, so im probably still going to watch it.

Cyfr

Banned
Hansmoleman said:
i found it creepy the way they just put the skin on a few hooks etc afterwards, but what are they guna do with the slices of the guys body? just bury them as they are or?

Best hope they labled the parts so they can put him back together!

KevinUK

Can't get enough of FH
I liked it. Newbie question, how come there was no blood anywhere?

When all the skin came off it looked like it was a suit you could just put on and wear :eek7:

Trem

Not as old as he claims to be!
*drains Doh_boys blood*

Paradroid

Fledgling Freddie
I caught a bit of last nights, it took about 5 mins for me to convince me g/f that is was real and not a dummy (it was then quickly changed over...).

I saw the original one they did last year (or the year before?), I remember that being touted as controversial 'cause they didn't have explicit permission (or something) from the telly watchdogs (or something)...maybe it was Mary Whitehouse? :p

KevinUK

Can't get enough of FH
Also how was it hanging on that wire by its head? Must be easier to do the job on a table. I dont mind watching but I wouldnt want to be the one holding the knife / saw / chisel. :puke:

Mobius

Can't get enough of FH
This show freaking ruled, I've seen both episodes and gonna catch tonights too. :D It makes me wish I was good at science, stuff like this is so fascinating. That doctor guy is so weird though, I like his hat though. :p

Nos

Fledgling Freddie
Ronald Lacey from Raiders of the Lost Ark
4512v1.jpg

Dr. von Hagens
ronaldlacey2.JPG

:D

Doh_boy

Part of the furniture
KevinUK said:
Also how was it hanging on that wire by its head? Must be easier to do the job on a table. I dont mind watching but I wouldnt want to be the one holding the knife / saw / chisel. :puke:

The only one's I saw (last nights one) hanging by it's head were the plastinated ones. The 'fresh' body was on a proper stand (with drain on it for the blood). Lay down.

Mazling

Can't get enough of FH
The most bizarre thing I think, was the way some kind of plastic was fed into a dead body's blood vessels, then the body melted away by acid and enzyme and such, to leave just the hardened plastic. Weird :D

tris-

yey, managed to get in to chat and my question was first to be asked :D
i asked "do you ever wonder about the persons history when you disect them"
wish id phrased it better so he took as what they did in life etc, anyway reply was
"yes, as a pathologist i have a very sound knowledge of the background of each individual"

Xtro

One of Freddy's beloved
I walked into the living room after 6 hours of drinking JD's in the pub, turned on the tv to this, went green and nearly barfed my fucking dinner all over the sofa.

Good work fella.

mank!

Part of the furniture
I love you Xtro. First post I read in this thread and I needn't read anymore.

tris-

anyone know if these are being repeated? all i asked of someone was to press record and they couldnt even manage that :/

Mobius

Can't get enough of FH
I don't know, but I do know I never want to see a testicle being chopped in half again.

Sharma

Can't get enough of FH
Xtro said:
I walked into the living room after 6 hours of drinking JD's in the pub, turned on the tv to this, went green and nearly barfed my fucking dinner all over the sofa.

Good work fella.

Fucking LOL. :D

I really cringed when they cut into the ball sack and in his bollocks, I mean, comfort pains....ow... :eek7:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom