Anarchy Online

Gef

Fledgling Freddie
For all those peeps bored of waiting for WoW to come out, heres something to do in the meantime..

http://community.anarchy-online.com/content/news/articles/8387L

I played it when it was first launched, and consequently branded the most buggy MMORPG ever, I quit a week later. I have been informed since though that it has improved a lot! And well, for free for a month you cant really complain!

Edit: Thats a year of free play for people that register between now and January 15th, cant really understand how they are going to make money doing this..

Louster

One of Freddy's beloved
Well, the free year doesn't give you access to any of the expansion packs, which are pretty important really. In any case, AO is definitely one of the best MMORPGs around these days. Really well run, quite a lot of depth (as far as MMORPGs go anyhow) and somewhat fun. The ARK system is especially impressive, responding to anyone's problems pretty quickly, and making a point of having one of their volunteers appear before, and help out, every new player.

But I got bored of it a while back.

Edit: also, https://forums.freddyshouse.com/showthread.php?t=43346

Cask

Fledgling Freddie
That game stank! Didn't even get past the character creation screen.

Just to annoy Louster :wub:

GDW

Fledgling Freddie
I played it for about a year, before the epansion packs came out. Its an excellent game and I only stopped it because it was too addictive.....must.....resist....the.....urge.....to.....revisit...

Xtro

One of Freddy's beloved
I played the beta and then for 6 months from release day. I enjoyed it quite a lot, yes it was bugged and yes there was a percentage of morons but then you get that in every game.

I did find it amusing when 12 year old yanks started hitting on my female toon every 2 mins. I stopped going on missions/xp'ing for a couple of weeks as I realised that my lady toon could earn far more money standing at city gates dressed in a thong earning stacks of money from l33t kiddies (yes I know how this sounds, this has nothing to do with my RL behaviour :p).

I also enjoyed the PvP content, especially camping right on the border of a PvP zone and nuking players who had gone afk or were lagging. M4D Sk11z. How I laughed at the frenchies telling me "putain xxxxx xxxxxx xxxxxxxxx" for hours. I would always reply "You are French, it is your destiny to lose."

Sorry...ahem.

Dweller

Fledgling Freddie
Funcom said:
This unique move will allow us to test important new business models prior to announcing future online games

Hmmm, wonder if this is a move towards in-game advertising as a source of revenue, rather than subscriptions ??

Funkybunny

Banned
the most fun thing bout ao was TRAIIIIIIIIIIIIIIN! :D

was a explosive adrenalinrush decidin that this wont work when ya down at the end of the temple around lvl 30ish or so.. and then make a run for it with several hundred mobs behind. and since they will attack anything everyone in the entire cave would make a run for it aswell.. felt like that bullrun in italythingy :p

GDW

Fledgling Freddie
Funkybunny said:
the most fun thing bout ao was TRAIIIIIIIIIIIIIIN! :D

was a explosive adrenalinrush decidin that this wont work when ya down at the end of the temple around lvl 30ish or so.. and then make a run for it with several hundred mobs behind. and since they will attack anything everyone in the entire cave would make a run for it aswell.. felt like that bullrun in italythingy :p

Yep I remember that LOL. Loads of people would be sitting around the cave looking for a group, whilst some poor bastard pulled a mob onto them and rushed to the cave for safety .

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom