An outsiders view of event

C

cplcarrot

My first post in this forum, i wont make many.

I realise this is gonna open a whole world of flaming, but here goes.

I am a relitively new player to this game, and its my first MMORPG, however I think that the response by albion to the event, is indicitive of the whole mob mentality attitude of this realm.

why I say this, well let me explain.

As an inf I spend a lot of time away from groups, so as well as crafting I decided to concentrate on the event too, in order to try calm the inf rage I feel from time to time.

Having spent over 6 weeks on this, I built up a pretty good picture of what the event is, who the key players are, and hopefully methods to stop it.

unfortunately it seemed that few cared, among my friends and strangers, many of u may remember me trying to get some interest going in cornwall station from time to time.

To stop waffling , heres the point.

Very few people cared about the event and it seems we only acted around 45 mins - 1 30 mins after the (inevitable) deaths occured. why? well IMO because albion is hindered by its "follow the zerg" mentality and also because people thought they had something to gain from all this.

all these shouts of "i lead this , no I did" are futile and really shouldnt we co-operate rather than fight for power in an artificial world?

In short (LOL) my point is this:

It seems to me that the majority of players seem to only care for personal gain or social status. This is not only an event issue but an issue I have with the game as a whole. Its not only events but relic raids , keep raids, and (god forbid it will actually happen) keep defence. Slow response and when we do respond it seems all we can do is zerg

People just dont seem to be interested unless there is a zerg to follow or some items to drop. Come on albion! we can so much enrich the artificial world we live in, if only we would try be a little bit less competitive with each other and a little more co-operative.

And on the event, IMO it is not over, key NPCs are still active, clues are still going up on the camelot-europe web page, and where the hell did that Elf ranger type who actually built the gobbo army all those weeks ago in cornwall go?

If anyone fancies giving me infos u find, I will try write them all down and try my best to find out enough.

To summarise :

I dont wanna make any enemies, tis only a game after all :)

but lets TRY to be a little more proactive, reacting with zergs to anything that happens ruins the game IMO, as it teaches us very little about how to strengthen our team play or tactics.

And finally, FULL RESPECT TO ALL THOSE THAT DO TRY TO LEAD, But please work together dont fight amongst your selves, there are plenty of mids and hibs to do that for us :)

Goodbye ALbion

B

biggz

i'm new to euro daoc. and these "events" seem quite good. We dont get them in american daoc... now if i could only decide what char carryon playing ;(

5friar,5minstrel,5sorc ;/ anyways this post wasnt about me and my problems chosing a character :) i'll move along.

S

statix

The event itself is far from over , there are still a lot more
events to happen and storys to be told leading to the
overall campaign saga ( If you will ).

While yesterday might have seemed to be a large in realm Zerg
back to tepoks , this is all part of the campaign plan ( i beleive )
because everyone whether lvl5 or 50 yesterday knew there
was something going on out of the ordinary , as im sure that
every guild channel was packed with rumoured events here and
happenings everywhere , basically I beleive while it was a zerg
force ( what else would have beat them back to tepoks? )
It did get everyone working together and got everyone whether
they liked or not involved in the bigger picture. In fact I beleive the event knocked a lot of peeps back a lot of xp , and as we all
know nothings says WAKE UP like loosing 3 or 4 bubbs

I think that from now on people are going to be a lot more
interested in the events as they unfold , whether from "dont want to be near that again " or from the view " lets go see it / them , i want to know what happens next "

As for leaders and such , who knows , people try to lead and while they may be bad or good at it, they get shot down for
their attempts .

I think that there is a lot of potentialy great leaders out there
who will soon find themselves leading an alb army behind them
already there are the guild leaders forming plans to involve everyone not just there own guilds.
There is the tuesday and thursday RvR grps meeting to try grp leaders and to teach people how to RvR efficently ( great work btw ).
There are the legion raids which usually involve countless grps
working as one unit , one goal , he has been killed by albs
4+ times now.
Its just at the moment , alot of people are looking for guidance
looking to follow some one , and there isnt anyone there so
they do the only thing left follow the zerg and pray someone towards the front has some idea of the overall picture and knows where to go.

What i dont understand is why dont all the GMs in the realm meet
somenight in one of our own keeps and shout abuse, bicker , exchange lawyer cards etc ; )
but in the end decide on a realm leader or even name 10 leaders and post there names up here , then people will know who to follow who to listen to.
If they are shit at it , disband them and get some one else
it doesnt seem that difficult to me , maybe I just know enough
of the game yet .

Anyway now that I have completly forgotten the topic of disscussion , and left you enough misspells to warrent a cipher
brought in , i will go :)

Good day all

C

cplcarrot

I agree statix, fair point on the tepoks thing.

I just think that maybe if we caught the elf guy in cornwall who started forming this army earlier, many deaths could have been avoided. However all your points are valid to me, and good to hear :)

Im gonna hold a regular chat group on a friday at 9pm cet for those that may have infos we can piece together on this event. (not as some vain attempt at leading u lot, btw - thats someone elses job :) )

Right , back to looking for this damn shipwreck in lyon for me :)

D

Draylor

Nice post Cplcarrot - and from what I can see your right.

BUT - last nights event was I think (hope?) the beginning, and not necessarily the same style as we will see from GOA in the future.

Given the amount of time since events were first mentioned we needed something of a large scale to show that something was happening. It had to involve more than just a few people - and given what was going around Tepok's Mine "zerg" was about the only viable strategy.

Hopefully after this "introduction" GOA will have far more planned :)

They do need to address the XP loss issue - if people went looking for the event thats fine, but having aggro event mobs at the end of a popular horse route (Yarleys in Cornwall) is really silly - guaranteed to annoy many many players.

The laugh many people had at 150+ dead in Tepoks made it all worthwhile :)

F

Flimgoblin

it wasn't the beginning...

but it was the first immediate danger to Camelot, and well done to Albion for rallying so quickly....

Shame we did it haphazardly ;)

However I fear it's not the end.... it just didn't feel finished down in that mine.

T

Tigerius

Well I think you got a good point here. Alot of Equilibrium and former Illuminati know I've taken them on wild goose chases as I believed to have found some part of the (originally) riddle. Spent a long time scouting ours and enemy frontiers for more clues, as well as trying keywords and dialouges on the known ones.

I think it's a bit convinient by some people to not give a rats ass for weeks until something is absolutely confirmed to happen (usually at cost of the scouts lives) and then march in, take command and control of things from there on.

I also hope events will extend beyond zerg and bash, done enough of that in emain.

D

Draylor

Originally posted by Fingoniel
it wasn't the beginning...

but it was the first immediate danger to Camelot, and well done to Albion for rallying so quickly....

Shame we did it haphazardly ;)

However I fear it's not the end.... it just didn't feel finished down in that mine.

No, it wasnt the beginning, but apart from the wild-goose chases talking to NPCs who say nothing thats so far been relevant its the first real action Id seen of the event. Im sure Im not alone in that.

Also - there seems to be a new NPC in Adribards Retreat I hadnt seen before. Offers 1gp per piece of armour from the "strangers". May have been there a while - just noticed it tonight when training my cleric ...

O

old.Second

Originally posted by Draylor

No, it wasnt the beginning, but apart from the wild-goose chases talking to NPCs who say nothing thats so far been relevant its the first real action Id seen of the event. Im sure Im not alone in that.

Also - there seems to be a new NPC in Adribards Retreat I hadnt seen before. Offers 1gp per piece of armour from the "strangers". May have been there a while - just noticed it tonight when training my cleric ...

the point with the npc's that wont answer you is like normal quests. you have to talk to one that will hint you to the next one. Try to find the first one that talks to you and understand what the npc is telling you. And just because one person on the forum says some npc said something and told that person to go somewhere then you cant go to that somewhere without talking to that npc first=)

O

old.[BF]MaD

i loved the fact that i was there when one grp of gobs ran into camelot entrance and started fighting the guards

was awesome to see even tho it was totally random etc
i think i got some screens , may post later

D

Draylor

Originally posted by old.Second
the point with the npc's that wont answer you is like normal quests. you have to talk to one that will hint you to the next one.

Ive spoken to most of them, but very quickly you get the impression that it achieves nothing. A little background story (always welcome) but really we're just waiting for GOA to decide its time to add the next phase.

In the case of the NPC I mentioned above it didnt really take that much thought. He asked a question - no clickable words. I gave the incredibly insightful response of "yes" which appeared to do the job :)

O

old.Second

Originally posted by Draylor

Ive spoken to most of them, but very quickly you get the impression that it achieves nothing. A little background story (always welcome) but really we're just waiting for GOA to decide its time to add the next phase.

In the case of the NPC I mentioned above it didnt really take that much thought. He asked a question - no clickable words. I gave the incredibly insightful response of "yes" which appeared to do the job :)

erm when you do quest... do you speak to randomly persons? and yes ALLMOST all of them. maby you havent talked to the corect one yet?

example: A tells you to talk to B and B tells you to talk to C.
so if you go directly to B first then he wont tell you to go to A or C, same goes for if you talk to C first.

N

nume

Good post Cplcarrot :clap:

Unfortunately I'm one of the many who has no idea of the story or events that have taken place and therefore find it hard to get into without the background :( I'm not even familiar of how events can affect us in game, what is this goblin army you refer to?

I don't read up on the DAoC site often and have therefore only had a few glimpses of event related stuff.

Perhaps someone knows of a site which explains what has been going on so far and could direct me to it?

F

Flimgoblin

There's been lots of posts on here...

strangers spotted about the place...

large geersha armies mustering around cornwall and adribards...

now they moved :)

if you've been stuck in Lyonesse killing pygmy's you'll have missed it all though..

O

opoc

Hi Carrot :D

Well yeah i'm here too, you can't get away from em that easy.

Ok my two copper pieces thing as they all say or whatever....

Well anyone who played on prydwen hibernia awhile back might have rememebered their 'event' and albion didnt have one to my knowlege then. Then Albion get all this stuff and think its the event, yes it probably is the event.

Thing is the other realms had the same thing and it is not part of hibs old event.

This picture here is of the mobs coming from the river near ligen. The picture is from the guild I am in on prydwen hibernia. Malevolencia there is our guild leader :D

http://endeff.techno-dreams.net/Screenshots/79-large.jpg

Also do you remember then the event prydwen hibernia had before?

http://www.artisansofwillow.com/gallery/pics/089.jpg

http://www.artisansofwillow.com/gallery/pics/085.jpg

http://www.artisansofwillow.com/gallery/pics/084.jpg

http://www.artisansofwillow.com/gallery/pics/079.jpg

Maybe this pictures from the artisans of willow site might refresh your memory :)

So its either prydwen hib get everything everyone else does and more or these little mob army wasnt the main event :)

Yeah I know im probably wrong, flame away at me now :D:D

P

pihlss

That´s was very good!

Nice to to see that some one have a brain in this game.

It´s To much of CS mantality here and that include all Realms

Best Regards

Grevé P Pihls

Norse Warrior Officer / Excalibur

Originally posted by cplcarrot
My first post in this forum, i wont make many.

I realise this is gonna open a whole world of flaming, but here goes.

I am a relitively new player to this game, and its my first MMORPG, however I think that the response by albion to the event, is indicitive of the whole mob mentality attitude of this realm.

why I say this, well let me explain.

As an inf I spend a lot of time away from groups, so as well as crafting I decided to concentrate on the event too, in order to try calm the inf rage I feel from time to time.

Having spent over 6 weeks on this, I built up a pretty good picture of what the event is, who the key players are, and hopefully methods to stop it.

unfortunately it seemed that few cared, among my friends and strangers, many of u may remember me trying to get some interest going in cornwall station from time to time.

To stop waffling , heres the point.

Very few people cared about the event and it seems we only acted around 45 mins - 1 30 mins after the (inevitable) deaths occured. why? well IMO because albion is hindered by its "follow the zerg" mentality and also because people thought they had something to gain from all this.

all these shouts of "i lead this , no I did" are futile and really shouldnt we co-operate rather than fight for power in an artificial world?

In short (LOL) my point is this:

It seems to me that the majority of players seem to only care for personal gain or social status. This is not only an event issue but an issue I have with the game as a whole. Its not only events but relic raids , keep raids, and (god forbid it will actually happen) keep defence. Slow response and when we do respond it seems all we can do is zerg

People just dont seem to be interested unless there is a zerg to follow or some items to drop. Come on albion! we can so much enrich the artificial world we live in, if only we would try be a little bit less competitive with each other and a little more co-operative.

And on the event, IMO it is not over, key NPCs are still active, clues are still going up on the camelot-europe web page, and where the hell did that Elf ranger type who actually built the gobbo army all those weeks ago in cornwall go?

If anyone fancies giving me infos u find, I will try write them all down and try my best to find out enough.

To summarise :

I dont wanna make any enemies, tis only a game after all :)

but lets TRY to be a little more proactive, reacting with zergs to anything that happens ruins the game IMO, as it teaches us very little about how to strengthen our team play or tactics.

And finally, FULL RESPECT TO ALL THOSE THAT DO TRY TO LEAD, But please work together dont fight amongst your selves, there are plenty of mids and hibs to do that for us :)

Goodbye ALbion

P

pihlss

I understand tht problem I realy dont understand
Why Goa take down there forum´s

That is the stupids of GOA.

Best wishes tht Goa get a new owner with brain

Best Regards Grevé P Pihls

Originally posted by nume
Good post Cplcarrot :clap:

Unfortunately I'm one of the many who has no idea of the story or events that have taken place and therefore find it hard to get into without the background :( I'm not even familiar of how events can affect us in game, what is this goblin army you refer to?

I don't read up on the DAoC site often and have therefore only had a few glimpses of event related stuff.

Perhaps someone knows of a site which explains what has been going on so far and could direct me to it?

K

Kobold

Go zerg the event...you can do it...you can do it...just a few more peeps now...you can do it :rolleyes:

B

Brisk Mordain

i recently just got back on DAoC after being away for a month to find my lvl 30 Armsman Tallagat and my lvl 18 Scout Gildas got deleted by mythic or somthing like that so ive not been keeping tabs on the events but before i left their was a kobold jester thing in camelot near the main forge (cause i noticed theirs 2 now)
near where you go up the stair to the Armourer Trainer not sure what he says though but if you find any event NPC's read what they say carefully cause the writing might be back to front or it might be a riddle

hope it helps got to go back to lvling my Armsman Gildas now already lvl 15 in 3 days :)

A

arladon

That Ranger Elf is still near cornwall. Just up the hill to the left when you jump of the horse. Standing behind a tree.
Kill her. She was purp to me so... Kill her? Talk to her? /bang or do something....
She has no right to be there! :)

Users who are viewing this thread