an observation (aka - i havent posted in this forum before)

O

old.Tzeentch

is it just me.. or are people's political beliefs represented in the realm they chose? seems more so apparent for those who rolled at the start.. liberals being hib's, the right, being mids.. and albs center? ;p

just interesting looking at other realm boards on excal how the general population responds to various issues, and how different the consensus can be.

L

loxleyhood

Nah, hibbies are the folks wanting magic exploding everywhere and scandily clad elf maidens, albs want knights in shining armour and mids, bless their simple souls, just want some trolls.

A

angara-ffs

This thread is boriiiiiiiiiiiiiiing! :eek:
Dont drag in politics if not needed :D

D

Driwen

Originally posted by old.Tzeentch
is it just me.. or are people's political beliefs represented in the realm they chose? seems more so apparent for those who rolled at the start.. liberals being hib's, the right, being mids.. and albs center? ;p

just interesting looking at other realm boards on excal how the general population responds to various issues, and how different the consensus can be.

Problem is that that consensus is made up by around 20 people out of a realm with thousand people in it ;). Besides you have two different choices for choosing a realm, because you like the looks of their classes or because you like the realm. For mids that would be liking skald class or liking the story and general idea behind the realm. It isnt totally the same, but people who choose for a realm (people who rolled at the start usually) are different in some way in what they like, but wether they look different on politics I doubt that.
Besides you will also have a movement of people looking people they like and so if you dont like the general attitude of midgard you will probably jump realm and so you might see a seperation of political view (of atleast the mouthy people) in realms, but that has little to do with the realm itself and more with people looking for a group of people they like.

O

old.Tzeentch

see, i would agree with that, if i didn't see that mids..

their response to things such as loot stealing and whatever is the standard mob response (string em up etc), but the accused usually just say foad.. and they can still carry on almost as normal in their realm.. people can do pretty much as they wish and step on other peoples toes.

whereas in hib you seem to have a massive outpour of anger, hate, outrage, whatever.. all human rights and whatever must be adhered to.. and peoples feelings thought of.

alb.. comes in the middle.. kinda half and half.. strange that its the way the game was advertised.. mid being all melee/cold/harsh/etc, hib being all green/lush/magical..

i would say that it is just a few people posting on the boards etc, but i've seen the hibernian side first hand in game anyway.. so i know it's more than just the few here

D

Driwen

talking about just excalibur than yes the realms are different each and you might have different political tone in each realm. However dont forget that possibly 30 people could set the tone in each realm, for example if ardamel would say lets do relicraids without logging in and it turns out to be fun (which it probably will aslong as you dont need to get the relic) than mids will do more keepraids themself+different RR's I think. With how people respond on theft it depends on the thief, the one who got robbed and the few people around it (+the realm "important" players*).

In midgard we had a "theft" (more like a lack of paying) and the thief is thrown out of every guild and is still known for the fact (and I think he is still on anon he was for some time). I know hib had a real theft and yes you reacted more fiercely on it, but there it was an actual theft as in mid it was someone who promised to pay the money, but never did.
I know that mids did have sort of the same discussion as hibs have/had about galla (the recent disc on your bw board). Difference is offcourse that midgard has WAY less focusshield characters, so there is less people farming in TG. Which makes the discussion less important and there is no real difference between private raids and focusshield groups. But yes mids had a discussion aswell about wether TG can be claimed by a private raid or even a FFA raid.

Anyway I think there might be a general difference in the realms on every server, but it isnt that big and big differences in responses is largely due to small difference in how the realm works (not the people in it, but stuff like lair versus fins), how the "important" players* react and state of the realm itself (general feeling of being one realm which fluctuates from time to time).
I also feel that you cant claim that every mid realm will be slightly the same as i think its possible that mid/pryd would look more like hib/excal than mid/excal. However I do agree that every realm on a server will be slightly different, but also that goes for every server (hib/excal is different from hib/pryd, etc) as a realm is partially based upon what a few people do and as those few people are different in every realm, every realm is different.

*important player being someone who sets up PvE raids/runs realm defence/set up RR's. In other word a player who people know leads well.

O

oblivion_6

i would disagree

ive been told that my views are pretty extreme right wing

Im a strong believer in capital punishement and for the removal of the benefit system in the UK

I would happily welcome an eastern asia style law enforcement in which those who are deemed as criminals are treated as such

but i can see what ur saying coz hibs is more bout huggin trees whereas i would nail neds to the trees :D

p.s i miss ceap :p

B

Belsameth

Originally posted by old.Tzeentch

I'm curious on what you base your observation, as I don't want to scream "lies" at you over nothing.

I'm originally Mid/Pryd, then moved to Alb/Excal, tho Mid remained my True Home(tm) but according to you I'd have to play Hib which I resent with a passion beyond human comprehention.

O

old.Tzeentch

lol

well, my idea of this whole thing was basically looking at the realm i've played for over a year, and from talking to various other people in other realms.. seeing how different things are done and handled.. example - booking sheets.. rvr in general.. pve..

especially amongst the first char you rolled.. not sure on pry, but it does seem on hib/exc there is a lot of political correctness and liberal style of thought.. eg some threads people start bringing up human rights and whatever

whereas if the EXACT same thing happened in midgard, it'd be stfu and get on with it kinda thing..

albion is.. well im unsure, they'd have people arguing, but on actual points, not theories and emotions

this in my opinion, is true for many/most (not all.. ) people who still play the same realm they did from the start on exc

K

klavrynd

"talking about politics can break the strongest friendship"

E

Ensceptifica

Well the realm you pick consists of a large group of people. As with any group of people, a culture evolves, and that culture is what colours how you behave. I don't think a political opinion determines what realm you play; rather I think that what realm you play in -or really, what culture you enter- influences your opinion. Whatever culture evolves is really just a coincedence; could have become totally different imho.

O

oblivion_6

maybe a good example of hibbies would be the focus pull grps and the way chanters seem to now think they can do what they want without thinking of others?

R

Rulke-RM

Hibs = Rebels
Mids = Imperials

Closer to the truth imo :)

Alb = Ewoks

F

Faeldawn

Originally posted by Rulke-RM
Hibs = Rebels
Mids = Imperials

Alb = Ewoks

Ewok zerg > The finest Imperial Legion

works for me ;)

O

old.Nol

Originally posted by Rulke-RM
Hibs = Rebels
Mids = Imperials

Alb = Ewoks

hahahahaha

off post : Arnor and myself seem to have pretty similar political views, and I think I seen the same with some other mids in general...I do consider myself pretty liberal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom