An Idea for when you wanna switch server's

Bahumat

FH is my second home
I dont know if the Pryd/Excal cluster has taken place yet, but....when your playing and you wanna switch realms you have to wait 1 hour.

if this is still the case then you should try out Camlann PvP.

some people will flame camlann and some people will defend it.....regardless of others opinions there are those of us who like PvP so each to his own.

Its only 1 hour you will spend but if you change servers every so often you will be able to do some pve/pvp to see what life's like on camlann.

what i will say is from lvl 20-23 its not a huge amount of fun as your armour/con/wpn's are gimped....kill a few mobs, get a few drops and utilise the free level every 4 days and u will be fine.

once you have a couple of items and nolonger bottom of the food chain it is good fun.

anyways if this has enlightened at least 1 person then its done its job :)

Melachi

Fledgling Freddie
good idea I think I might start a char there, might make a RM there, something that doesnt get me chained for being fotm, but can still be fun :p

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
log into cam, /level get chained by some random BD, end up con bankrupt, make a new toon, rinse and repeat.

If you want people to play on camlann, get people to stop being retards, its your own fault the server is dead

Ingafgrinn Macabre

Can't get enough of FH
Bahumat said:
I dont know if the Pryd/Excal cluster has taken place yet, but....when your playing and you wanna switch realms you have to wait 1 hour.

if this is still the case then you should try out Camlann PvP.

some people will flame camlann and some people will defend it.....regardless of others opinions there are those of us who like PvP so each to his own.

Its only 1 hour you will spend but if you change servers every so often you will be able to do some pve/pvp to see what life's like on camlann.

what i will say is from lvl 20-23 its not a huge amount of fun as your armour/con/wpn's are gimped....kill a few mobs, get a few drops and utilise the free level every 4 days and u will be fine.

once you have a couple of items and nolonger bottom of the food chain it is good fun.

anyways if this has enlightened at least 1 person then its done its job :)

Hehehe, you really take every opportunity you can get to advertise cammlan ey? :D
Ahwell, good luck over there. 't just ain't my type of game :p

Zil

Fledgling Freddie
i wouldnt mind rolling there but theres just to many :wanker: `s

rampant

Can't get enough of FH
Raven said:
log into cam, /level get chained by some random BD, end up con bankrupt, make a new toon, rinse and repeat.

If you want people to play on camlann, get people to stop being retards, its your own fault the server is dead

the kids :twak: goto sleep around 10pm - try then....

enkor

Can't get enough of FH
Raven said:

yeah, we'll surely be able to get all the people from rvr servers who /leveled a bd to stop killing you!

Bahumat

FH is my second home
Raven said:

like i say "each to his own".

i dont think the server is dead, im happy with the amount of people who play their as i dont feel there is a lack of players.

Trying to increase the numbers is never a bad thing tho.

Camlann is not dead and how can you say this if you dont play there? ok hib excal is dead...

see my point?

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
but hib excal is dead :) but seriously in my experiance of cam, (i have tried a few times to get a foot hold there) its just a waste of time, unless you know people there. You have people camping the trainers in the main SI areas and people camping the entrances to the main classic areas. Also most peoples attitude to new people, "fuck off noob, you didnt start on day 1, you dont deserve to play on cam" I have made all sorts of toons and all have been chained (worth reward or not) by 50's and red cons, i and many others just cba with that, its not fun and its not productive.

Svartmetall

Great Unclean One
Welcome to everyone else's experience of Camlann.

You examine the Scimitar Cat Cub. It is neutral towards you.
You prepare to perform a Splitter!
Gankzor hits you for 1258 damage!
You have died. Hit release to return to your bindpoint.
Littletroll was just killed by Gankzor!
Gankzor laughs at you!
Gankzor laughs at you!
Gankzor laughs at you!
Gankzor laughs at you!
Gankzor laughs at you!
Gankzor laughs at you!
You have released.
You have entered Aegir's Landing.
You examine the Lost Pysling. It is neutral towards you.
Wtfpoonmeister casts a spell!
You are stunned and cannot move!
Gankzor hits you for 1192 damage!
Gankzor laughs at you!
Gankzor laughs at you!
Gankzor laughs at you!
Gankzor laughs at you!
Gankzor laughs at you!
Gankzor laughs at you!
Gankzor says something to Wtfpoonmeister.
Wtfpoonmeister laughs at you!
Gankzor laughs at you!
Gankzor laughs at you!
You have released.
You examine Meeri. She is friendly and is a healer.
Qqnoobs makes a throat slit gesture at you.
Qqnoobs hits you for 890 damage!
Littletroll was just killed by Qqnoobs!
Qqnoobs makes a rude gesture at you.
You have released.
You will quit in 20 seconds.
You will quit in 15 seconds.
You will quit in 10 seconds.
You will quit in 5 seconds.

Now sit down and try to work out just why your server's a ghost town.

enkor

Can't get enough of FH
its only hard to level on camlann if you are a retard :(

Bahumat

FH is my second home
Svartmetall said:

Gankzor laughs at you!
Gankzor laughs at you!
Gankzor laughs at you!
Gankzor laughs at you!
Gankzor laughs at you!
Gankzor laughs at you!
You have released.
Gankzor laughs at you!
Gankzor laughs at you!
Gankzor laughs at you!
Gankzor laughs at you!
Gankzor laughs at you!
Gankzor laughs at you!
Gankzor laughs at you!
Gankzor laughs at you!
You have released.
You have released.

AGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

its....not......a......ghost.....town

there are lots of people who play on camlann, im not here to make a desperate plea that our server is dieing and we need u to fill up the spots.

if no one comes from rvr then fine np we have more than enough ppl.....HOWEVER adding more people is never a problem.

i would say 90% of lvl 50's DO NOT attack grey cons especially lvl 20 ones. this is what really happend

lvl 28 player see's a lvl 20 running about....he is green con so he thinks...what the heck he's worth xp im gonna get him

the lvl 20 see's this menacing purple con OMFG its a lvl 50 why is he hitting me...

they then think "this sucks all these lvl 50's killing me and i lose con"

you dont lose con to someone who see's you as grey....if they kill you then you lose no money.

The con system is not perfect on daoc, when your green to someone they should be red.....it does not always work like thatg and i dont know why.

imagine a /20 thuerg running about thid with his free /20 armour versus lets say a commonly used lvl 24 bm with bb.

hmmm who is gonna win in the fight? The classes dont matter its the fact 1 is prepared and 1 has no chance.....you can spend 1 hour on pvp get at least 1 or 2 lvl's plus maybe a couple of nice drops.....withh a bit of elbow grease and some can do attitude...oh and a large inheritance from my dad (dodgeball) its easy to cope.

Amildin

Can't get enough of FH
Its true, Camlann isnt for everyone but what Svartmettal described is a very old scenario now.

These days there is one grey ganker I know of, and he spends most of his time in toa. Camlann takes some dedication and can get lonely, you have to be prepared to make friends with anyone but if you go with the right mind set it can open a whole new world of fun to daoc, i would have quit a long time ago if i hadnt moved.

Its not hard to start, lvl necro with bb, get 40-45 in a few days make an alt and buy him weaps etc from money necro earned pvp bbed or xp your way up and before you know it your 50 with a bot. Just dont make a fotm char like WL, it wont get you far. Make a solid grp friendly char and make friends as you level.

But go in with the right mind set, a negative one won't get you far

eggy

Fledgling Freddie
Amildin said:
go in with the right mind set, a negative one won't get you far

Camlann

Ruzdo 50 Friar rr5l2 Fear (sold)
Amildin 50 rr6l1 Minstrel Fear (sold)

:p

Amildin

Can't get enough of FH
Now use 2 other accounts but havent updated FH sig for a long time :m00:

Zil

Fledgling Freddie
so i read this post today at work and was thinking, hey maybe camlann aint that bad anymore.

went home, created a char, was thinking hmm better becarefull.. ported alb and went out north gate..

guess what, chainkilled by a purp con sorc 4 times.

hf on camlann, wont see me around

Ingafgrinn Macabre

Can't get enough of FH
Amildin said:
Its true, Camlann isnt for everyone but what Svartmettal described is a very old scenario now.

These days there is one grey ganker I know of, and he spends most of his time in toa. Camlann takes some dedication and can get lonely, you have to be prepared to make friends with anyone but if you go with the right mind set it can open a whole new world of fun to daoc, i would have quit a long time ago if i hadnt moved.

Its not hard to start, lvl necro with bb, get 40-45 in a few days make an alt and buy him weaps etc from money necro earned pvp bbed or xp your way up and before you know it your 50 with a bot. Just dont make a fotm char like WL, it wont get you far. Make a solid grp friendly char and make friends as you level.

But go in with the right mind set, a negative one won't get you far

It's not old at all... just tried it, logged out like 10 sec's ago, and it's still part of that server over there. There are just too many wankers on Cammlan to make it enjoyable for new people. A higher level looking at a green-con doesn't one-hit in 99% of the cases. when someone attacks me, I do get 1hit-killed 90% of the time.

Gribz0r

Fledgling Freddie
Camlann is only fun at lvl 9 when you get chased by people too thick to realise you're still safety flagged.

The only way to have even the smallest chance is to start with 7 other people at the same time. And another thing: because each realm now has only 1 startertown instead of the 4 it had when DAoC came out it is even harder to escape retards camping the newbiezones. 1 person at camelot north, a few in cotswold and poof all bases covered. If you could start in Lethantis and knew the place of the trainers in more remote areas you could train and avoid.

The only way to stop retarded killing of people trying to start is to make the whole newbie ZONE pvp safe. It's much easier trying to escape when there are no bottlenecks you need to pass through.

Bahumat

FH is my second home
get lvl 5, take off safety then hit a bd pet. /rel city get to lvl 20 and get your free armour...ponce 1 gold for port and your off and away.

Bahumat

FH is my second home
also things sometimes have to get worse before they can get better.

Gribz0r

Fledgling Freddie
Well Bahumat you'll never guess what happened to me just now :D

After getting killed 3 times in a row I actually made it out of Camelot! And I forgot to pick up my lvl 7 epic for yber quest jewelry :(

Ocalinn

Fledgling Freddie
Ive gotten greykilled many times on camlann but its easy to avoid it by not leeching when the lvl 50s are fighting, only Odins greykill for no reason and if you want to xp your char do it at places where noone else is like instead of going to haunted appletrees at lvl 20 go to vendo caverns or muspelheim where noone else goes.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Camlann is just silly, the whole idea is ridiculous, it's like a giant pointless mosh-pit, I just go in now and then and make an AOE dotter and add on to every fight and leech off every kill till people start calling me a ..

'fukin retard!!!'

And I shout back..

'Well you started it!!!!'

LoL ,I 've been chain ganked for hours, gets to the point where I 'm having to Quickcast my first DOT cos there's 10 players waiting for me timer.

Downanael

Fledgling Freddie
So camlann has been go so low on playerbase people try to catch people here now :twak:

Olgaline

FH is my second home
Svartmetall said:

Gankzor laughs at you!
Gankzor laughs at you!
Gankzor laughs at you!
Gankzor laughs at you!
Gankzor laughs at you!
Gankzor laughs at you!
You have released.
Gankzor laughs at you!
Gankzor laughs at you!
Gankzor laughs at you!
Gankzor laughs at you!
Gankzor laughs at you!
Gankzor laughs at you!
Gankzor laughs at you!
Gankzor laughs at you!
You have released.
You have released.

haha.! :D yup.! that's caml. alright. :clap:

Deepflame

Fledgling Freddie
You guys just stand at the wrong places then. :p
I went to play Camlann with my _mum_ a while ago and we ran into no grey killers at all, despite my instructions to her to just run if she saw something even looking at her. At one point we ran into a lonely sorc and we grouped for a while. We had a great evening together without any grey ganking whatsoever.

Another time I was there was when I was exping right outside Caer Gothwaite. People just left me alone, buffed me, gave me some weird rogs with hibernian stats (What was up with that? :p) or guarded me from other people while I exped. I had a great laugh to be honest. At one point they formed a circle around me killing anyone who tried to run in. Guess they were bored. First time I saw a live luri up close without it killing me! :) (Excluding the time I actually played on Hibernia..)

I'd probably play there more were it not that I have to get all these ML pre-reqs done in time and those ML raids done.. :) (I'm a sucker for ML raids, I hate missing one!) Oh and if I actually knew some people out there.

Dorimor1

Banned
This is my story of Camlamn:

I /leveled a Theurgist in Gothwaite, found no one until 20 minutes later when I saw a /leveled scout, killed him and got around 1 gold for my troubles. After that I grouped with a 20 Wizard and killed a couple of soloers, I ended up with around 8 gold. After I found a bard and asked if I could join his guild, he said no but gave me 10 gold, which was nice. We were then killed by a level 50 infil, so we decided to go exp in catacombs. We came across a blue conned Heretic and killed him, two minutes later, after a lot of threats he came with a BB stucked to his ass and owned us. Finding ourselves back in Gothwaite, only to be killed by a BD before we left the castle, and again.... and again... and again. So after 45 minutes I concluded that Camalmn was not for me but what I do know that its not just grey killing.

Awarkle

Fledgling Freddie
i had a shaman there but after getting to lvl 25 i grouped with someone who said "no kill" i thought fair enough formed a half decent group.

After i had buffed him he disbanded and slaughtered the group leaving me last then spam laughed me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom