An idea for daoc2 ;)

Smygen

Fledgling Freddie
I just read the thread about DAOC at E3 and the upcomming expansion.

"The story concerns the demons from the multi-realm dungeon Darkness Falls rising up and threatening the realms."

In my opinion, let this be the last expansion. The story for daoc 2 could be something like:

The People of Hiberna, Albion and Midgard failed to avert the armies of Darkness Falls and had to flee from their lands. In panic they loaded up their ships and went to sea in search of new worlds to inhabit.

Was going to write a longer and better story but just realised i dont have time :p

Anyways the basics of it is the people had to flee and they found new lands from where they could grow stronger etc. This way they would be able to introduce a new realm if they want (one that already lived in the lands they fled to) and new classes (trained by the friendlier people living in the new kingdoms). And, they could make the maximum level 60 and when you hit that level (or 50+ wotever) you are ready to go back and fight the demons who have occupied their old lands.

Just a thought and personally i think it would kick ass :-p

Righthandof

Fledgling Freddie
another thought, im not paying that ammount of money to lose all my stuff on my precious character.. and if i dont, the new players are doomed because they cant go farm at toa etc.
also the 3 realms should work together against the greater forces of evil, which makes the game like some idiot gaheris pve server.
no thx.

Equador

Fledgling Freddie
I must say, I like the raw version of your story. But I always thought there will never be a DaoC 2, just an expanding universe?

Ilum

Can't get enough of FH
DaoC 2 = Half the classes and 5 man grps kkthx, less hassle to fix grps ~~

Darksword

Can't get enough of FH
its a good idea but then this would be a HUGE universe, thered be daoc classic, SI, ToA, NF, DF, Catacombs, housing, THEN, another place, probably about the size of classic and SI put togethr or something. so why not instead have that the monsters break out of darkness falls and destroy the portal to SI - thereby making SI and ToA un accessible. the portal way to frontiers would also be destroyed with the portal people being killed, i dunno have a story like they were the last ones practising the dark arts of teleportation.

also as SI was destroyed this allows for class issues to be fixed, such as BDer trainers were no more so those surviving used what they knew to build up the BDers again - for example they forgot inst lifetap :p but learnt new spells :p.

and for other OP'ed classes u could say that the power of the grove had diminished so animists could only have xx amount of pets, but to make it pve friendly have the closer to there land (hibernia) they are the stronger there pets are this prevents htem being OPed in rvr as there pets wont be that amazing, to compensate up there damage on other spells so they are still useful in groups (tbh i always thought animists would rock in open battle - hang back and drop a few pets to protect your healers (maybe ur resist pets or something) then nuke away.

the warlock story would be kinda hard but im sure its possible :p

and its easy why the other realms didnt join to destroy DF - while this huge battle was going on in DF it kept changing hands to different realms and so the realm who had it before were always fighting a battle on two fronts, each realm not willing to give up - since DF can only be held by one realm at a time it would be too hard to co-ordinate a good attack from all 3 realms etc.

i think daoc 2 would be a great idea, aslong as they stuck to the core of daoc, and didnt go off on the whole idea thatblizzard have - everyone being equal in pve etc etc (bad idea imo - if all assassins can lvl to maximum level as fast as anyother if not faster than any other class, your gunna have loads of people playing assassins just coz it sounds cool and you dont have to wait for a group and your just as effective etc)

have a more balanced caster/tank battle etc etc.

<shrug> just a few ideas i had

scorge

Fledgling Freddie
dont think there will ever be a daoc2, there might be something similiar but with a completely unreleated name.

:m00:

Comos

Loyal Freddie
Mythic clearly stated a while back that there will not be a DAoC 2.

Crookshanks

Fledgling Freddie
It could be great - a fresh start, with everyone on an even footing.

From the outset, they could:

(a) All buffs are on range limits
(b) No mezz, so no more sitting about watching your colleagues die (root is available)
(c) Make stealthing much more difficult close to an enemy (if stealthed - then same chance to spot as now, but no more running away to 5 yards distance and dissapearing in front of your eyes)
(d) Change crafting so its actually fun (or at least interesting)

Maybe they could even introduce a 4th realm for some more variation.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
TBH, won't be much of a challenge. All 3 realms uniting to defeat the demon hordes of DF. I mean you can take Legion out with 4 FG these days...although Behemoth has never been defeated on any server yet to my knowledge...which I do find surprising with the number of RR10 ML10's running around these days and the sheer number of uber toad and sc'd 50's.

Better IMO to shrink the size of the world - more focus on RVR - reduce the classes - expand further on the ideas of keep razing - allow enemy forces to take out TK's and port to Sauvage - make it a real possibility to port to Sauvage and stream down through Camelot Hills and take out Camelot City. I mean Camelot is defendde by what ? 4 level 40 guards at the East Gate ? LOL

Sauvage / Drum Ligen would be a nice challenge to take. Increase levels to 100.

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
scorge said:
dont think there will ever be a daoc2, there might be something similiar but with a completely unreleated name.

warhammer online :touch:

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
Lamp said:
TBH, won't be much of a challenge. All 3 realms uniting to defeat the demon hordes of DF. I mean you can take Legion out with 4 FG these days...although Behemoth has never been defeated on any server yet to my knowledge...which I do find surprising with the number of RR10 ML10's running around these days and the sheer number of uber toad and sc'd 50's.

Better IMO to shrink the size of the world - more focus on RVR - reduce the classes - expand further on the ideas of keep razing - allow enemy forces to take out TK's and port to Sauvage - make it a real possibility to port to Sauvage and stream down through Camelot Hills and take out Camelot City. I mean Camelot is defendde by what ? 4 level 40 guards at the East Gate ? LOL

Sounds good, I'd personally enjoy it if they introduced the 'home invasion' part of the game. Can only stay in the enemies realm till you die or till you relog or a 6-7 hour timer or something then you insta port back.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Taking Sauvage as an example (although I'm sure all the portal keeps are the same), its manned by what ? 30 level 70 guards / wizzies ?

Why ?

Why does it need guarding at the mo ? Its not like a Hib once inside Sauvage can port to somewhere in Albion ?

This is screaming for a home invasion expansion. Would be cool.

Could then have realm guards in the main capital cities.

Thats what I want in DAOC. Just having RVR in DF and NF and POC is ok but getting stale now. Expand RVR to the ultimate goal - enemy realm capital cities.

Tafaya Anathas

Fledgling Freddie
Old.Ilum said:
DaoC 2 = Half the classes and 5 man grps kkthx, less hassle to fix grps ~~

And only max. 5 player can be in the same realm in the same time to avoid zergs.

Void959

Fledgling Freddie
I like the idea of home invasion too and its obvious mythic is considering it from recent polls, however it seems it would only be on new servers if at all. Then again I can't help help getting the feeling that as an alb, I would usually be on the receiving end :p

Escape

Can't get enough of FH
Smygen said:
Anyways the basics of it is the people had to flee and they found new lands from where they could grow stronger etc. This way they would be able to introduce a new realm if they want (one that already lived in the lands they fled to) and new classes (trained by the friendlier people living in the new kingdoms). And, they could make the maximum level 60 and when you hit that level (or 50+ wotever) you are ready to go back and fight the demons who have occupied their old lands.

Sounds suspiciously like the colonisation of america!

That expansion sucked tbh! :p

Equador

Fledgling Freddie
Lamp said:
Taking Sauvage as an example (although I'm sure all the portal keeps are the same), its manned by what ? 30 level 70 guards / wizzies ?

Why ?

Well, it's probably because they never changed it when new frontiers got here, but before that it was possible to just open the gate and walk into the keep. This actually resulted in people walking into the Albion realm :p

I believe it was after a midgard raid they decided to storm sauvage, and 1 mid made it through :D even though it wasn't allowed ( and all the guards there were supposed to stop everything with their 1-hit kills, but the zerg was just too big )

And now it has a scenic value I suppose. Castle sauvage and other portal keeps would be pretty barren if there was no guard in sight.

Smygen

Fledgling Freddie
Lamp said:

Right, this here sums up just about everything that was misunderstood in my first post hehe. The threat from df is ofc going to be much stronger once outside and the idea was for them to destroy big parts of the old lands. And i did not mean all the three realms should team up to kill them, each realm goes back to their own old land and quest etc at higher lvls and, as a bonus, i suppose it could be pvp areas? (like contested areas in WoW for those of you who have played that).

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Equador said:
I must say, I like the raw version of your story. But I always thought there will never be a DaoC 2, just an expanding universe?

correct. mythic have said they are never gonna make a DAoC 2. when this game finally rolls over and dies its basicly good bye to DAoC.

and no, this isnt a dooooom doooom DOOOOOOOOOM reply :p

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Samaroon EatsCheese said:
didnt warhammer online get aborted while they were making it? :|

Mythic bought the right for that game..... be it good or bad....

Abel

Fledgling Freddie
didnt warhammer online get aborted while they were making it? :|

Mythic bought the right for that game..... be it good or bad....

Mythic stated that Warhammer Online will be a "RvR" game, so things are pretty clear now. Also they're starting from scratch on Warhammer Online, all previous work on it will be scrapped.

Imperator is going to be their next PvE-only title to challenge EQ/FFXI.
Warhammer Online is going to be their next RvR/PvP title.

No room for DAoC2.

Rediknight

Can't get enough of FH
Sega were originally doing Warhammer Online, so what happened with that deal? Did Games Workshop and Sega have a fight over the last after eight mint or something? :eek7:

Iceforge

Can't get enough of FH
tbh, if they was going ot make a DAoC2 then they should make the theme a lot different, I like the idea for background story, but why not take it a bit further?

Albion was the only realm to hold the demons at bay, still fighting to keep their realm clean, the archmages of the court of the un-crowned king (as Albion stand without a leader after the death of Arthur) makes a magic sphere (total Warhammer rip off) that disallows the greater demons access to the lands of Albion, so they have to send in their lesser demons.

Find a story for a 3rd realm to enter the story as well and we have the 3-way-battle standard of DAoC.

Now, 3 completly new lands (They could alter Albion in any way they like, the land layed ruined from the war against the demons (and the 3rd realm)), 3 realms (Albion, Demons (where you can only play lesser demons or maybe just diciples of demons) and the 3rd realm.

Any class in Albion can be changed, why? Well, orders fall and rise during times of war, the acadamy for <insert class> could have been lost during the war, and they could redesign new classes for all 3 realms.

I dont think they should included Albion, Hibernia and Midgaard in a DAoC2, just Albion, keep DAoC1 alive if they do AND they should still make expansions for both games, but they can just say that "officially" DAoC2 springs from this new expansion to DAoC1, or whatever.

just my 10 cent...

Smygen

Fledgling Freddie
Iceforge said:
tbh, if they was going ot make a DAoC2 then they should make the theme a lot different, I like the idea for background story, but why not take it a bit further?

Albion was the only realm to hold the demons at bay, still fighting to keep their realm clean, the archmages of the court of the un-crowned king (as Albion stand without a leader after the death of Arthur) makes a magic sphere (total Warhammer rip off) that disallows the greater demons access to the lands of Albion, so they have to send in their lesser demons.

Find a story for a 3rd realm to enter the story as well and we have the 3-way-battle standard of DAoC.

Now, 3 completly new lands (They could alter Albion in any way they like, the land layed ruined from the war against the demons (and the 3rd realm)), 3 realms (Albion, Demons (where you can only play lesser demons or maybe just diciples of demons) and the 3rd realm.

Any class in Albion can be changed, why? Well, orders fall and rise during times of war, the acadamy for <insert class> could have been lost during the war, and they could redesign new classes for all 3 realms.

I dont think they should included Albion, Hibernia and Midgaard in a DAoC2, just Albion, keep DAoC1 alive if they do AND they should still make expansions for both games, but they can just say that "officially" DAoC2 springs from this new expansion to DAoC1, or whatever.

just my 10 cent...

Why Albion? If any realm should make a sphere id say its hibernia?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom