An avid World of Warcraft player

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Well I was till my guild shrank from lots to hardly any. Without breaking any NDA's that may have been signed I would like to ask the following:

1. For someone who attempted DAOC and found it too intense then played WoW and stuck with it for a couple of years, how does Warhammer line up?
  2. Does it favour the casual player in any way?
  3. Does it favour the smaller guild?
  4. Does it have a very easy learning curve?
  5. Is it similar to WoW?
I know that there maybe a FAQ lying around but I would prefer to ask you, the people in the know.

Cost is not an issue to me and never will be, if I enjoy something I will pay money for it, simple.

Rubric

Part of the furniture
Hey deebs, like you i can only entertain a casual mmorpg, love the idea but cannot devote the time, warcraft was great for the casual player, but at the end of the day the game play only grips you for so long. In the end it's the friends you make and the fact they are playing that keeps you logging on. When they go so does your pull to the game. Whataver the mmorpg.

Aada

Part of the furniture
Well I was till my guild shrank from lots to hardly any. Without breaking any NDA's that may have been signed I would like to ask the following:

1. For someone who attempted DAOC and found it too intense then played WoW and stuck with it for a couple of years, how does Warhammer line up?
  5. Is it similar to WoW?
I know that there maybe a FAQ lying around but I would prefer to ask you, the people in the know.

Cost is not an issue to me and never will be, if I enjoy something I will pay money for it, simple.

Only the beta testers know these answers and until the NDA is lifted we won't :(

Chrismorris

Fledgling Freddie
My lips are sealed ;) Tho the NDA lift could be next week according to MBJ so id be gald to let you know next week (Maybe) :)

nelg39

Fledgling Freddie

5. Is it similar to WoW?

I can answer these question, im not in beta, and wont break the NDA all the info you are asking for has bin discussed in great detail, over at Warhammer Alliance.

1. i played Daoc for a very long time, this will be nothing like dark age.

2. in a big way it favors casual players, public quests, Winged Dungeons, and RvR scenarios are really geared to the casual player, this game isnt about the grind, and isnt gear dependent like WOW, or Dark Age, Max leveling time is about 150 to 200hrs.

3. Living Guilds, that level with a ratio of active players, and not guild numbers, specifically to even things out for smaller guilds.

4. if u can play WOW, and survive for as long as u did, this game will be a dream for u.

5. Nothing like WOW, i went back to WoW yesterday with a trail account,(i gave my main account to my nephew last year coz i new i wouldnt play anymore), but i was a bit bored so thought it might keep me bizzy till next month, o dear was i wrong. only got to lvl 4 and had to log off, quests r so boring, just wasnt fun.

the interface is similar tho, so no probs with learning curve.

and finally if u dont play this game, your gonna be gutted, WAR is gonna be awsome.:)

Fragoverrule

One of Freddy's beloved
Cant say anything about the game itself, because there is a beta and i'm in it (all i can say about it).. but my advice is to check the interviews on warhammeronline.com alot of ingame stuff is explained there.

Faeldawn

Fledgling Freddie
I think the fact quite a few beta testers are posting "I can't tell you anything yet" posts speaks volumes. Excitement is often difficult to conceal :)

Downanael

Fledgling Freddie
I think the fact quite a few beta testers are posting "I can't tell you anything yet" posts speaks volumes. Excitement is often difficult to conceal :)

Or we are just scared to get kicked out of beta!

Bahumat

FH is my second home
I would love to answer question 5, however the NDA prohibits me.

As you probably know, a question like number 5 would require a long answer, so I'll be happy to voice my opinion once the NDA is lifted.

Sorry

Cadelin

Resident Freddy
  5. Is it similar to WoW?

Because of the NDA, somebody not in beta will be able to tell you just as much as somebody who is in beta. Fortunately there is alot of public information available.

1) Player vs Player (or Realm vs Realm) combat requires more effort than PvE. WoW is primarily a PvE game which is why so many casual players enjoy it. WAR is about RvR, however Mythic have tried very hard to make WAR as accessible as possible for the casual player. There are also many PvE objectives you can complete if you want.

2) A casual player in WAR will be able to compete with a hardcore player, in terms of equipment and levels. RvR will be dominated by skill and organisation. Because of this there will be some people/guilds that are extremely hard to beat. There should also be plenty of people around your skill level who you can enjoy fighting.

3) WAR has group sizes of 6. A small guild who can field 6 players will be able to experience the vast majority of the game. There are a few things that are designed for large numbers of people but these will probably be undertaken by the realm as a whole rather than individual guilds.

4) WAR is aimed at an audience of millions. If the learning curve was too difficult they would lose alot of subscribers. If you can cope with WoW you can manage WAR.

5) This question is too vague. On the surface there are many similarities. WoW is also a very successful game. It would be stupid to not learn from what it has done well. The graphics are similar to WoW. The interface will be similar to all MMORPGs these days. The purpose of the game is very different from WoW. It will be a good game but that doesn't mean you will enjoy it.

AngelHeal

Part of the furniture
does it look like wow?

just look at the press releases they've got on their webbie and read interviews or some IGN vault stuff.

anyawys i think ppl would break NBA if they seriously answerd some of these questions and would go in deeper. (<-- oi thats sounds wrong:p)

Bahumat

FH is my second home
does it look like wow?

just look at the press releases they've got on their webbie and read interviews or some IGN vault stuff.

anyawys i think ppl would break NBA if they seriously answerd some of these questions and would go in deeper. (<-- oi thats sounds wrong:p)

What's the National Basketball Association got anything to do with it? :flame:

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
You know he only has 2 things on his mind... dumpert.nl and basketball.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Thanks guys for the comments. I am hoping it will be the replacement I seek for WoW.

Spookie

Fledgling Freddie
Thanks guys for the comments. I am hoping it will be the replacement I seek for WoW.

Be sure to give the open beta a shot I'm sure you'll be pleasantly surprised with it. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom