Amsterdam

scoop

Can't get enough of FH
FH Subscriber
Hiya,

Am planning to go in August with 3 other guys (around the 5th) for a week or so.. For those who have been i've just got a few questions..

Is a week over there too long?

Is it expensive?

Good pubs / clubs to visit?

Also one of the guys going just quit smoking around 2 weeks ago (good timing haha).. Is there alot in the way of hash cakes etc?

Cheers in advance!

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
q#1: no! there's plenty of stuff to see and do in amsterdam!
q#2: depends. a pound is worth slightly more than a euro so you may be surprised. then again, if you're out pubbing/clubbing every night you *will* be poor afterwards :)
q#3: lots and lots. try a google for (non-pr0n) amsterdam nightlife (if you can find non-pr0n amsterdam nightlife websites ;))
q#4: I dunno. I stopped doing that kind of stuff years ago. probably not tbh. you could get some hash and crumble it into a chopped open mars bar and eat that I guess. be aware that 99% of the inner city coffeeshops are "tourist class" ones who will overcharge for shoddy goods (imho). sure, it will prolly be better than anything in the UK, but it will still be crap if you know what I mean. make friends with a local if you can manage and ask. do not ever buy anything offered to you in the streets!!!

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
You can get space cakes and the likes from most coffee shops still.

PS When I think of 'dam I cry, thanks to YOU ANDEH. Skank0r :/

rynnor

Rockhound
It may seem a good idea at the time but dont get drunk and steal bicycles - my mate spent a night in the cells before getting deported!

Gengi

Fledgling Freddie
On A Rynnoresque note,
Do take a day or two and hire bikes, cycle out to the Zoo and take in some of the outlying districts, well worth it.

Later

Chilly

Balls of steel
its much less of a shithole than london - at least you can get high to try and forget the trash all over the place.

Amsterdam is quality, visit the Heineken brewery - it's good value for the 8 euro or whatever it costs. Don't buy pre-rolled joints, they are pretty expensive compared to buying baccy and skins (which are free everywhere) and a bag of weed. My advice is NOT to go and find the strongest possible variety of weed and get so monged you can't walk for half a day on your first day, it will ruin the whole time, smoke in moderation or you WILL waste the whole trip by virtue of being a zombie :)

Cyradix

FH is my second home
Aye, be carefull when buying weed. The stuff you buy over here is about 25% "stronger" than what's grown in other countries....

G

i can get more stoned for less cash in england if i want to, the place was ok 10 years ago but its a shithole now.

ok if you want to get ripped off on everythnig and if you fancy shagging a kosovan prostitute.

Disorder

Fledgling Freddie
brooky said:
i can get more stoned for less cash in england if i want to, the place was ok 10 years ago but its a shithole now.

ok if you want to get ripped off on everythnig and if you fancy shagging a kosovan prostitute.

Having smoked weed for the last 10 years and visiting amsterdam on a regular basis, I can only conclude that you are talking out of your arse.

Imo your best bet is to find a run down skanky looking coffee shop frequented by lots of locals, buy your weed, and head out to one of the more tourist friendly places to smoke it (as long as your buying lots of drinks they wont give a fuck). Definatly avoid buying from the tourist type places.

Buy 3.5 grams of weed out there, compare the bud to an eigth you would get out here.... shocking.

As for your friend who doesnt smoke goes, I have a friend just the same, who managed to get totally trashed on cakes, milk shakes etc. So yeah he will still have some options.

Dis

Lazarus

Part of the furniture
well, tbh, (and no disrespect to any Dutch contingent on here) I found the Dutch folk to be totally devoid of a sense of humour (pain in the arse when you are working with them for a 6 month period).

When we were there, we regularly worked 14 hour days, starting at 8 and finishing around 10pm. The Dutch wandered in about 09:30 and pissed off at 17:00

When we did get to eat (aroun 10:30 most nights) many of the restaurants were closing or, we actually left AFTER the waiters.

saying that, we actually only visited Amsterdam one day out of those 6 months.

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
just a thing about dutch restaurants...be in before 21hrs preferably, unless you happen to have a reservation. many kitchens tend to close around 10 or 10:30 :(

GDW

Fledgling Freddie
My tips are:

1. Go easy on the weed, its much stronger than what you will be used too.

2. Cakes are lethal so go easy on those too

2. Go to a sex show, they are a roar. Even if its just to see the crowds of Japanese tourists taking them very seriously.

4. Red light district is a laugh too, but watch out for the dodgy hard drug pushers (pretend you are Russian , its about the only language they dont seem to understand)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom