Amsterdam trams...

Ezteq

Queen of OT
Me again lol..

its not that im a total control freak but I do like to know whats what, I just emailed the hotel and found that we get from the airport to the hotel by train then tram...

now then, how do you pay for these in amsterdam do you have to have correct change exactly or a travel card or can you just give the driver a E10 note?

ta very much lol

Ez
xxx

Gins

Loyal Freddie
pretty sure you can buy a tram ticket in the station on one of them machines.

And if not just have some cash on you you'll be fine.. worst case scenario you hop on without paying, someone pulls you back and you have to pay anyway ( wich you can do with the E10 note)

Azonic

Loyal Freddie
been living in holland for a year now, you can buy whats called a strippenkart that they stamp and allows you to travel. They cost 20 euros for 40 stamps, and the destinations are split up into zones. The general rule is they always stamp the number of zones u are traveling in plus 1. So for example if you are traveling in the same zone they will stamp two spaces. 2 zones = 3 stamps etc... Not sure if you can pay cash tho, but on buses you can so i guess on the trams you can too
Hope this helps :)

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Ez, you do know that under Dutch law, its illegal for any female OT'ers to use public transport, unless you're naked ?

You might have overlooked that :p

Azonic

Loyal Freddie
Oh and you can buy smaller tickets such as 5 slot ones for around 3-5 euros

Ezteq

Queen of OT
Ty very much very helpful Azonic and Gins /hug

and to lamp i shall just do a huge mooner in your general direction sir!

Naetha

Fledgling Freddie
beware of the trams btw, they're silent but deadly - absolutely scared the shit outta me a couple of times when they sneaked up behind me then went

PARP!!!!!!

tris-

Failed Geordie and Parmothief
yeh fucking hell, nearly got ran over a few times when we were walking around in our stoned haze.

seemed funny at the time.

Ingafgrinn Macabre

Can't get enough of FH
In trains you need to buy a ticket in advance. Ask around at schiphol, and they can explain it to you. Central hall, triangular-shaped area, down the stairs is the trainstation.
If you don't buy a ticket in advance, you'll be fined royally, so don't forget :p
for the rest... with local public transportation a "strippenkaart" should work okay. (although the metro might work diffently, I don't know for sure)

Huntingtons

Resident Freddy
when i was there the trams were pretty cool you could buy when stepping on and it was really easy to freeride as well (not that i assume a control freak like you would take the chance).

Thadius

Part of the furniture
beware of my farts btw, they're silent but deadly - but some scared the shit outta me a couple of times when they sneaked up behind me then went

PARP!!!!!!

Have you tried changing your diet? :(

Less beans = win!

Yes its late but Naetha's post was calling out to be corrected! :(

Ezteq

Queen of OT
rofl ill watch out for farting trams and get me cards tickets etc in advance lol no freeriding for this lil anally retentive nerd tbh!

Serbitar

Fledgling Freddie
beware of the trams btw, they're silent but deadly - absolutely scared the shit outta me a couple of times when they sneaked up behind me then went

PARP!!!!!!

i hated walking around amsterdam... the only thing i didnt like about the place actually. it was horrible, partly because of my lower-than-usual awareness brought on by alcohol and the obligatory smokes.

The problem is that first of all you have to look the wrong way for incoming traffic, which is always an issue. Then you walk into the dreaded bike lane. Because you're looking the way you look back home you don't see the two-wheeled maniac only a few metres away from you and are anly alerted by his/her frantic bell ringing. Stumbling forwards to escape the ensuing road-rage you practically fall into a wall of sound - as naetha put it quite rightly - PAAARRRRRRRRPPPPP - so now you have two options, the first (which was generally my response) is to start spinning in small circles making flapping motions with your arms as the ever-confusing panic and noises finally overwhelm your already fragile state of mind. The second option is to stumble further onwards, unfortunately this avenue leads only to more helplessness as you now find yourself in the middle of the road. Fortunately looking left you see that there are no cars/busses/lorries about and for a split second you get a joyous feeling of well-being and a general pleasure of just simply being alive. But the loud BEEP of the car horn from your right startles you from your reverie when you realise that you are actually in more danger now than you ever where and have to half run, half fall, half panic across to the other side of the road.

this was a regular occurrence on our hols to amsterdam, probably at least once per day

tris-

Failed Geordie and Parmothief
oh god the bikes, please dont mention the bikes.

they are easily more terrifying and dangerous than any tram you may encounter.

Ezteq

Queen of OT
ok so watch out for trams, bikes and english beggers who went there on holiday in 1982 and blew their dough oh drugs, gotcha.

Ezteq

Queen of OT
oh god i didnt know someone would be following me the whole time filming and singing at me :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom